Molten Strike

Am I right in assuming that melee bonuses do not effect the bombs in any way? Also, does point blank effect the bombs? It will consume mana of course, but it seemed like it wasn't effecting the damage, although it isn't easy to tell without a combat log and I only had a very minimal amount of time to test.
Last edited by habbey on May 1, 2014, 2:13:06 AM
removed
Last edited by Gobido on May 1, 2014, 2:48:32 AM
An AOE skill that works better as a single target skill?

I was expecting someting different, since this skill, the way it is, doesn't make a job much diferent from what infernal blow was already doing. If it gave pure fire damage instead of converting some of weapons physical damage to fire (like "throw 3 fireball around the hit area") we would have something much more interesting.

Seems like my hopes to make a good use out of this are gone.
In Game: ElaineBelloc
"
habbey wrote:
Am I right in assuming that melee bonuses do not effect the bombs in any way? Also, does point blank effect the bombs? It will consume mana of course, but it seemed like it wasn't effecting the damage, although it isn't easy to tell without a combat log and I only had a very minimal amount of time to test.

I've tested Molten Strike with Point Blank and I'm almost sure that it does affect the damage of the bombs, though as you said it, it's hard to know for sure because of the damage variation + lack of a battle log.

Though, since this skill works nearly the same way as Lightning Strike, and LS projectiles are affected by Point Blank, the same should apply for Molten Strikee.
iron grip and point blank do effect this skill
I tested Concentrated Effect and Increased Area of Effect, and didn't notice much of a difference. Concentrated Effect didn't boost the DPS, nor did I notice any increased area with the IAoE gem.

My question is... does the tool tip reflect the DPS per projectile? If I'm wrong and Concentrated Effect does in fact work... does that concentrate the randomness of the projectiles in exchange for increased damage or does it concentrate the actual explosion of the projectiles in exchange for more damage. Same with IAoE... does it increase the area in which the projectiles can go or does it increase the area upon impact?
Having played with this it doesn't seem a dps skill at the moment but if you built around it who knows with AoE nodes,fire,melee,Projectile etc.

I've put in various Projectile based supports and while they get marked on the attack icon don't seem to do anything and some make no sense that they would (Pierce).I almost expected chain to work but then that would be a mess with the AoE but anyway appears not to work even if I seen letter on icon.

"
Jennik wrote:

The balls are a bit slow and clunky, plus they aren't guaranteed to hit everyone you want to hit.

It's more of a windup skill,you build up the balls like Spectral throw.It can in fact if doing a air attack form a firewall that is great against melee attackers killing them before they get to you.

Anyway it certainly seems a fun skill but again hard to know it's full potential till building around it.
Considering this is aoe + projectile I know I can get some insane dps out of it... will be trying strike+ ele prolif +conc effect + added burn damage. Will be using dual daggers for crit chance... probably going to ko myself but hopefully scaling burn damage and keeping physical low will help.

ps this skill is insanely survivable with just a 8+ life on hit claw due to the molten balls.
Last edited by heyyous on May 1, 2014, 6:18:00 AM
"
kchow123 wrote:
It's slightly better than Infernal Blow in almost all areas because the bombs don't reflect, where as Infernal Blow outright kills you if you do enough damage.

Wait, the bombs don't reflect?! Then...if you focus on scaling the projectiles (like scaling them on Lightning Strike), maybe you can do really good DPS while being immune to reflect?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info