South African server down?

"
HoloKasT wrote:
Did more testing with a few maps, it seems now it is my ISP that is the issue? As if I play on mobile data I am on the low latency South Africa Realm all the time.

But when I switched back to my normal internet I have Frankfurt Latency even though it says South Africa and then every few maps the latency goes down to under 50ms for the whole map.

That's interesting. I'll test on mobile data later. This would suggest something to do with routing from (fibre?) ISPs to the SA server IP?
I have tested a bit further and it may be a routing issue between Seacom and the DC where the server is hosted. If anyone who has an ISP that routes through Seacom could test.

I think this is just for the current issue as before when the server was down during the evenings and weekend I tested with Mobile Data and it still did not work.
I'm on Telkom VDSL and getting 23ms on SA realm at the moment. Smooth gameplay.
"
Veraclus wrote:
I'm on Telkom VDSL and getting 23ms on SA realm at the moment. Smooth gameplay.

I can confirm that Telkom is not on Seacom.
played all day on perfect ping of 5MS.

All of a sudden at 19:50 got kicked from game and back to 180MS ping.

Just as i got excited again

SUCKS
Can confirm,server died again..back on Frankfurt.
"
SabreWolfy wrote:
That's interesting. I'll test on mobile data later. This would suggest something to do with routing from (fibre?) ISPs to the SA server IP?

Mobile data also redirecting to Frankfurt.
"
SabreWolfy wrote:
"
SabreWolfy wrote:

Mobile data also redirecting to Frankfurt.

It will, the server going down in the evenings is a different issue then the one I was having during the day.
servers offline again sadge :(
Yep, 4AM local time, still perma Frankfurt. The lack of response thus far is not promising =/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info