What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

Soooooo

Grasping vines, are now remove them as well ?? since leapslam also have the travel tag
Can we have this list please ingame?
We already have that sexy little "i"-Button that everyone ignores to use and it would make a PERFECT place for a list of all mods like these.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
TLDR: Rares should be reverted. The center of attention for maps should be the boss

A thought would be that a random rare monster should never be where it's 10 times harder than the map's boss. You spend 2-3 minutes killing some beefed up archnem, then spend 10 seconds killing the boss. It should be the other way around if anything.

I think the effort to make the map bosses feel engaging and unique would and switch the rares back to how they were would be a lot better for the game. On any given map we know there's a boss, we can look up what they do and prepare our builds and characters for it. We can choose to not do a specific map if we don't like the boss. We can clear the map, and just skip the boss if we want. By putting in this random grab bag of mods on mobs spread all throughout the map, and depending what mods you get on that roll of the dice, it can ruin the map or make it feel very annoying. With 80ish mods and now upto 3 mods on each rare, this makes it so we can't prepare for all these combinations, let alone keep track of them all.

As for uniques, add new attacks, mechanics and such. Don't add "damage immune" phases, as it feels like a cheap way to make a fight "last longer." It could be things such as a knockback or stun that doesn't necessarily do damage and acts as an indicator for the bosses next attack. By making the boss the "highlight" of the map, getting mediocre drops from rares doesn't feel bad as you only spent a few seconds killing them. Spending 3 minutes on a random archnem and getting bupkis feels bad. Oh, on that note, I did arakali touched and got 2 rares, and no div cards.... What's up with that? I'd use the touched recipes last league, kill 4 archnems, and walk out with 80-120 stacked decks. I didn't even get a "The Fool" card this league from Akrakaali.
"
Fatknacker52 wrote:
It's a shit show pure and simple, enjoy trawling your new player retention stats.

From one of the most enjoyable leagues I've had in years, you've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Those AN mods are ridiculous when you have absolutely no power to control them, I play a league to engage with content, not openly skip it...

+1
"
Drought Bringer
Removes a Power, Frenzy or Endurance charges on Hit.

This is totally destroying my character which is based on endurance charges to be 100% up :( Earlier i have just never used that mod, and all being good.
Last edited by SiegFuse on May 15, 2022, 5:41:42 AM
Just waiting for part 4, part 5, part 6 and so on when i can actually play this game like it was before, not work in it without any salary even in drops.
Whilst I have noticed that the rares are in general more rewarding than in previous leagues, some of these mods are beyond a joke. I consider myself an average gamer, like most of the player base. And I had some serious WTF just happened moments with some rares. From regen rares regenerating way more EHP than I could DPS in Act 1, to Einhar mobs with rebirth and failing the mission. And the ever fun Drought Bringer which I think is the biggest build breaking mod out of the lot, at least in the early stages of the campaign. Granted, I didn't play a great deal of Archnemesis so never got to grips with all of the various mods.

Things need to be curved out, and there needs to be a set of counters when rares are Einhar rares so they don't break the mission. Especially if I decide to use scarabs for bestiary in my atlas.
3.17 start league - 150k steam players peak

3.18 start - 131k
day 1 - 101k
day 2 - it looks like next -10k

So, it is -40k players for 2 days.

Rly nice vision Chris. U do it rly well ...
haha
Each Archnemesis mod should grant 1 additional guaranteed item drop and should divide the effect of the rest of the applied mods.

So that way if you kill a rare with 5 archnemesis mods you'll get a basic pool +5 extra items as a reward, and if each applied mod would grant 50% increased damage on the mob it would only apply 10% so a total of 50%. Same for the rest of their mechanic which adds HP/Def/Whatever.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info