What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

People whine and nerfs come. The way the mods shipped was perfect, finally some difficulty.

It was hell of fun, exactly like Delirium pre-nerf was. Before it got nerfed...

Why do we have to cater to people having the need to cruise and faceroll through the game on Day 1 ? I will never understand that.

Sad
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
People whine and nerfs come. The way the mods shipped was perfect, finally some difficulty.

It was hell of fun, exactly like Delirium pre-nerf was. Before it got nerfed...

Why do we have to cater to people having the need to cruise and faceroll through the game on Day 1 ? I will never understand that.

Sad

And you never got more than 24 achivs. Looks like you are always looking for some difficulty :) Summoner/Absolution/DD/ST+Ex build abuser, am i right?
I just do not understand this ''vision'' for the game to be ''hard'', and by hard they mean mobs that kill you win one shot, if you keep pushing this vision most of the people will give up from Act 1.
Also this pretty much kills the options you have to play the game the way you want. If people enjoy the game they will play it more naturally, wasting their time is not good long term vision.
just because you explain how item drops work does not mean its a good system or that the current state of rares is right
Can i have my old (3.17) monster back pls .
plans to make the game playable for the non "DIFFICULTY ENJOYER GIGACHAD" playerbase soon? I don't mind waiting, I wanted to try something new this league but if you don't want casuals around maybe I'll try next league? Surely you'll do better then
Adding a chance for Damage reflect, No Regen, No leeching, Flask AND Mana drains to spawn in all levels of content on rare monsters. (Effigy, Rejuvenating, Vampiric, Drought Bringer, and Mana Siphoner respectively)

Signalling to players that there would be no balance changes and our builds from last league would be expected to work the same now. Doryani's prototype VS Mana Siphon? Coruscating elixir, Poisonous or Explosive concoction vs Drought Bringer? Any melee relying on mana leech or self damage build on regen. Trying to level a build thats tight on mana with flasks... These aren't complex edge cases.

Drastically changing the power scaling on monsters without addressing all the ways League content was designed to make monsters challenging despite the outdated nature of the old rare system.

You set a challenge for 600 delve, did anyone on the testing team play delve with the new magic monster scaling?

This is the patch that has made me lose faith in the handling of the game. Despite the messaging and historically getting things right eventually. This cycle of breaking things and fixing them later is becoming extremely tiresome. The same mistakes are made every time.

I can't in good faith continue to support the game until this cycle of mismanagement is properly addressed.

The game is entirely about killing monsters and getting loot. We constantly ask for improvements in trade, crafting, and loot drops. To respect our time and physical health. But are told those changes must be done with utmost care or risk destroying the fundamentals.

Monsters should have been given that level of care here. This isn't something that can be fixed in a single league cycle. It ripples throughout every system that was built over the last 8+ years. Every patch spent balancing league content to make them engaging and rewarding.

It will take years for you to address every edge case. This is something that should have been in the oven until Path of Exile 2.
Last edited by jerot on May 15, 2022, 11:02:32 AM
Basic maps are okay with super-powered builds now. Haven't tried juicing.

But the league content interaction is just busted.
Is it possible to make a metamorph that doesn't just 1 shot?

When bestiary and essence and possession stack I always thought it was a bit too brutal in terms of power spike. But it was mostly avoidable- that boosted essence could just be left alone if it looked too terrible.

This adds an extra stacking that's just on everything. It needs to be some sort of log function instead when there's too much stuff multiplying together.
Suggestion: remove the 25 most bullshit mods and give them back in form of scarab like items people can use if they want.
Now the "easy mode crowd" can enjoy the game and dare to pick a off meta build and the "where is hard mode crowd" can run these 'scarabs' and have fun in their own way.
I wasn't nearly as down on these changes as everyone else but I will say there are a few areas that definitely felt like nobody thought about them. For instance I am wholesale ignoring Tane right now because every single metamorph is INSANELY overtuned with how many Archnemesis mods carry over. Also Essence and Ritual can be particularly painful with the compounding of Essence mods with these more powerful Archnemesis mods and Ritual dropping so many auras into an area.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info