Archnemesis Rare Changes (Part 2)

"
0mmr wrote:
"
Popieluszko wrote:
So we finally had something fun and challenging and now you decided to cater to bad players... smh

That's why you are playing trade SC, challenging player. With meta summoner build. Lul.

HAHAHAHA, exactly!!! Even good racers/streamers who play HC SSF are complaining about the changes, but the SC trade dude playing a meta build feels entitled to call other players bad hahahaha.

But you roasted him real good @0mmr
Last edited by Tobiasbr on May 14, 2022, 7:40:15 PM
gonna be real here, headhunter is an item that was giving you 50,000 life, 40,000,000 damage and 50% movespeed.

theres no way it should have existed in its previous state.

The mods feels stupid, tbh. What bothers me the most is that the mods are hardly implemented in your face and yet the purpose was for players to encounter a bit of challenging encounters from time to time. But this update has blown all over your face even at mudflats. Its pretty hard to tell whether the devs did a serious testing with regards to the updates. I understand if by any choice you make and face the mobs in front of you can be rewarding, but only to see not even a single item that dropped from that very challenging encounter. Its very rare that you'll get something valuable at this point. And that to me is just a rather stressful than fun anymore. Its only like a day since the league started but it feels very exhausting already.
well now at least i can do a yellow map did a t10 with deliriun and rares started to die ty god i play poe for have some dopamine with good loots not for suffer 20 minutes each map to feel the weight

now i just need pray for dont appear a 3 mods rare

hope with the masochist mode this gameplay mentality disappear from the softcore game
Last edited by Mokurp on May 14, 2022, 8:06:12 PM
Looking forward to seeing this change, thanks Chris and GGG for pulling out the stops on a weekend. Hopefully this will make a big difference.

I'm hoping magic/blue mobs also get tuned down quite a bit, HP and DPS. At a wild guess it feels like early campaign and late maps' balance has led to a difficulty spike in between.

I get the idea of rares being a challenge, but I do think it'd help if they were therefore rare (say, 2-3 per area), more of an event. And blue pack size and frequency also shrank massively. XP and average loot value per second invested also feel like they need to be elevated proportionally to keep the earning curve at least the same as skipping them, and ideally better.

I'm also getting the feeling you would like us to read the rare's mods, say "oh, that's interesting", and plan around it. That actually sounds fun to me (ideally in a world where we had some active countermeasures to use beyond positioning and increasing APM), but given PoE pacing right now, it doesn't feel feasible to stop and read the mods. Since by the time you could have moused over and read 2-3 lines of text and thought "oh, that's interesting", either you're dead or you didn't need to worry about the mods after all.
"
Fracture333 wrote:
feels like nothing changed.... every blue pack and rare still one shots me

as they said over the weekend when big boys are in the office.

i quess meantime we take break from poe

plus. i hope they wont forget map tab. lot of maps cant be converted to base tier.
fk archnemesis.
Last edited by SuperDrop on May 14, 2022, 8:08:12 PM
pog
Thank you for having some sanity and mercy.
NO. It is still not enough. Just revert to 3.17. And before people with less challenges than me and less progression tell me that I should be glad that the company is doing something: NO, these changes have made me not want to play at all and not only me: the numbers are worst than past 5 leagues. You may think if you do not criticize GGG it will be fine, but just think of how many people are going to be playing/trading 1 month from now.
fk archnemesis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info