Archnemesis Rare Changes (Part 2)

Thanks for the update Chris!
I'd recommend removing or at least massively nerfing build-bricking mods. Overall difficulty is one thing, but an impossible mob is a whole different story.

Why does droughtbringer exist? Wardloop just simply cannot function unless it kills the mob before it gets within range. With the speed and visibility issues of modern poe, you're trolling if you think that players will notice beforehand.

There are other mods such as effigy that utterly meme minion builds.
ugh why does reddit ruin everything even slightly fun

why do you listen to them chris, they don't buy anything and don't play league for more than a week and most joined in the past year
Two or three stats ?
Rares on maps were spawning with six and even seven archnemesis stats ...
remove archnemesis mods

haha
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Fucking boring dude when mobs can actually fight back you all cower and write giant essays of how hard and unfair.

LOL

Actually most people just quit and don't say shit.

I think the 40 challenge, no-life crew, forget sometimes this is a fucking video game. If it isn't fun, and it's a frustrating, stressful slog, people will just go play something else. Not to mention the rewards didn't come close to the risk in fighting the mobs if you even decided to engage with them.

GGG really missed the target this league. It's good they are re-evaluating, but might already be too late for any average poor bastard gamer that tried to play so far.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 14, 2022, 6:21:47 PM
in the last hours since i reached maps i had the most miserable experience in any game ever archnemesis mods are making me quit poe
That's really good to hear, but it comes just a bit late.

I know I quit the league due to the shear frustration of the ridiculous encounters.

I'm not going to play the game and have to reset maps everytime the encounteres become stupidly difficult.

Balance: it shouldn't be an afterthought.

I can understand having to change the mods on rare monsters since they haven't in a really long time but I don't understand why they would make it even more ambiguous and obscure than before. I don't understand the point of shortening the descriptions and then having us open spreadsheets and other tabs in the background so we can tell what the name of the monster description translates to. Which by the way, we don't even have anything we can open currently to reference what the mods on the rares are that you see. So when GGG does release this new pool of mods eventually, do you expect us to just memorize what each shortened word translates to for the mods that the rares have? Are we supposed to look at the word "Gargantuan" highlighted in yellow under a Rare and go "ah, yes, I memorized this one before, it means the monster has x,y,z."? Doesn't this seem counterintuitive? What is the point of hiding information like this? Or is it a part of the challenge for us to not know what killed us or how to learn from our mistakes? Because these were the same points that were brought up during the Baeclast #83. I really don't get what was wrong with the description of mods system before this. So what if it cluttered the screen before, at least we could tell from a glance what it meant clearly, i.e. extra life, more damage, etc. Even though the game didn't clarify what "extra life" totaled to, at least it gave us some general idea of the mod. Now it's even more ambiguous and obscure than before. Can they make it so we can hold alt over the description or something for more info? I don't understand the point of hiding info from the player like this. This reminds me of that episode in The Office where Kevin thinks he'll save time if he shortens the number of words he says in sentences. https://youtu.be/_K-L9uhsBLM. There must be a better solution to this. Keep the mods on the rares more difficult if need be but at least clarify what the monster is doing to us.

🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info