Archnemesis Rare Changes (Part 2)

I think that not balanced risk and rewards.
Strong enemies are OK, but need more valuable drop.

Also, I want to delete invulnerable MOD...
Last edited by yudouhuhuhu on May 15, 2022, 3:31:02 AM
Huge ty!
TBH i think the issue is simply the system is desinged based on end game and was done is a number nerf to fit it in to the acts. the rare in maps feels fine because the build is already together
I was enjoying those powerful rare and magic monster in the sentinel act level.. it was fun although i die many times because last few league, the act monster was boring .. i can speed run the act without even caring my resistance, defenses and level.. This sentinel league give a new experience in the monsters in the act level .. I need to level up well and build my defenses... Suddenly the boring act level was getting exciting in Sentinel

Thanks GGG for the surprise
You will never listen to this, but the real solution is not watering down the mechanic, but make it worth it to engage.
Atm killing those mobs gives you back nothing. Reinstate in some way the old archnemesis rewards and you can have the best of both worlds: a content that's challenging, or even hard at times, and a reason for us to slow down.
The Narra-Tor
Ok, no more 2 mods mobs by default. Although I've been seeing 4-7 mod rares more often than 2 mod ones but let's go with your assumption.

So now they have 1 by default. what is the functional difference between rare and magic mobs now? Cause up to this league, the difference was that a rare is a mob with more hp/dmg, has several mods from a given pool that empowered it, and it was always a single entity, while magic mobs had more hp/dmg than regular mobs but less than rares, had one single mod from the same given pool as rares, but compensated by coming in packs instead of being single entities.
Enter 3.18 rares changes part 2. The default state is that both rares and magics spawn with 1 archnem mod. One is a single entity with a bit more hp/dmg and the other comes in packs. Which takes rares from always being more dangerous than blues, to having the potential to sometimes be more deadly.

I dont really like the design of this new system.
Great changes! And im so pleased to see all this tears from casual people trying to play hardocore game. So beautiful.
Nice
This is the first time i had to make sure to be capped on my resistance. It was fun and sometimes alittle frustating :) Even tho there was yelling on disc, not only from me, we all agreed the hard difficulty was a good change.
Still get one shot by rare monsters so not sure it has changed that much.

Also some of the mob mods are way to powerful. Literally can't do anything and you get a ripped map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info