Lost Ark experience was a total disaster...

"
yamface wrote:
"
Apathy1 wrote:
POE IS A GAMBLING SIMULATORRRRRRRRRR compared to lost fucking ark POE is a fucking saint HAHA

did you actually just say this LOL

there are more % people in t3 than there are people doing red maps in poe LMAO. like what did ggg say were ppl doing red maps again, wasnt it something like 1%

please. its easier to go 1370 in lost ark than getting a mirror or crafting mirror tier gear in poe

I agree with you. I laugh at the comments i these threads because its obvious they did not try the game .

Last edited by quodlike on Mar 11, 2022, 5:37:35 AM
"
quodlike wrote:
"
yamface wrote:
"
Apathy1 wrote:
POE IS A GAMBLING SIMULATORRRRRRRRRR compared to lost fucking ark POE is a fucking saint HAHA

did you actually just say this LOL

there are more % people in t3 than there are people doing red maps in poe LMAO. like what did ggg say were ppl doing red maps again, wasnt it something like 1%

please. its easier to go 1370 in lost ark than getting a mirror or crafting mirror tier gear in poe

I agree with you. I laugh at the comments i these threads because its obvious they did not try the game .

I'd be actually shocked if 1% of LA were at T3, I know players like to shit on GGG for having really low numbers at the later end of content but that's because they include all the people who start and quit on the beach etc.

Edit (1.9% for LA I found an achievement for gear lvl 1300)

I think PoE is less gambling tbh but I don't really think you can compare the two they don't share that many similarities :p kinda hard to draw any good points.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Mar 11, 2022, 7:13:34 AM
the game was ok, but it didn't really captivate me like i thought it would. So instead i thought i would try to level my toon to 100 for the first time! and maybe make some $$$ on the way :)
Millions and Millions of people tried the game and now we are to be excluded from that for our comments on the matter lmao.

New content was released which should have been a joyous occasion but as Yamface pointed out Western LA is published by a different company which has changed the way things work.

It has deeply widened the gap between F2P and P2W players. Apparently No other region has done this to this extent making the West version THE most P2W version and casual hostile atm, as if being those two things from the get go wouldn't be enough for certain players.

It has been met with Massive negativity as expected and the Doomsaying you see in these forums from time to time is plastered across their forums and social media. Steamcharts complete with Arrows, Ded Gaem, P2W and F2P screwed over. It goes on and on lmao.

Who is to "blame"? No one? Everyone? Publisher? Developer? Players? Who cares it is what it is and happened. Now is for them to decide if they want to get back to the original idea of bringing LA to Western audiences as promoted. Time will tell.
"
Sadaukar wrote:
well, that's one reason why it's important to play MMOs straight when they launch.

If ur starting late, u'll be pretty alone in the leveling areas and in case of f2p MMOs, the areas are filled with bots instead.

Not really, case in point the elder scrolls online, the early access to the game, just before it launched, filled with bots (ones that tagged dungeon bosses, dozens on every resource node even teleporting to NPC's to do quests, rmt spam to the point that my ignore list was full of them.

All that just before launch and during launch.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
As soon as i saw that you can Invest Real Money and Exchange it into in Game Currency to Buy Player Power like Armour and Materials needed to buff up your item level so your Character gets Stronger which is defacto Pay to Win i know exactly how the Game is shaped .

Just imagine GGG is going to implement a similar thing , the Community would be outraged and many would have left the Game .

Yes you have bots in PoE too but lets be honest il rather take PoE with bots over Lost Arks Disgusting Cash Shop Pay to Win Practices Elements .

Aswell to Mention if someone is trying to make an argument about that Lost Ark is " Pay to Progress " is hella BS , it was some " Genius " who made up that word only to disguise the Pay to Win aspects of a Video Game .

People are overthinking this and going into some ridiculous semantics specially content creators , there is no " eye of the beholder " or " up to each person what he thinks " is just absurdum , its bottom line pay to win period ITS A FACT you cant run around the rousey here .

Last edited by JayceTheAce_ on Mar 11, 2022, 1:29:08 PM
"
YomiSyn wrote:
Millions and Millions of people tried the game and now we are to be excluded from that for our comments on the matter lmao.

New content was released which should have been a joyous occasion but as Yamface pointed out Western LA is published by a different company which has changed the way things work.

It has deeply widened the gap between F2P and P2W players. Apparently No other region has done this to this extent making the West version THE most P2W version and casual hostile atm, as if being those two things from the get go wouldn't be enough for certain players.

It has been met with Massive negativity as expected and the Doomsaying you see in these forums from time to time is plastered across their forums and social media. Steamcharts complete with Arrows, Ded Gaem, P2W and F2P screwed over. It goes on and on lmao.

Who is to "blame"? No one? Everyone? Publisher? Developer? Players? Who cares it is what it is and happened. Now is for them to decide if they want to get back to the original idea of bringing LA to Western audiences as promoted. Time will tell.

The releases in the western regions are exactly in line with the releases in Korea. The difference is in reception, and a slight difference because Steam is not a good portal due to its download/upload throttling.

EVERY Korean MMO which gains regional success has this problem when trying to expand globally, and LA is no exception.

As I said VERY early on: LA already showed signs of extreme game rebalancing in the initial version of the game released on day 1, which meant even Korean audiences had problems with the initial product, and the only thing that saved its reviews was 1) a money machine that paid for propaganda and 2) Smilegate seemed to acquiesce to player demands quite a bit over time, giving it a relateable feel. People give good reviews of games that tend to try to meet their needs (even if it actually makes other problems worse).

Western Audiences simply don't like boring grinds.
"
MECHanokl wrote:
"
rekikyo wrote:

Poe has bots but the majority that are in game are not RMT bots. They are secondary accounts of primary players set up so the player can farm endlessly without interruptions.

Lol, and what do you think these players do with excess currency that their bot farms farmed?

Even simple flipper bots make you a ton of currency, because the trade in this game is unregulated, easily abusable trash that allows making tons of wealth on exchange rate fluctuations alone, something that most real players won't do because of how boring it is to flip currency 24/7. But let's not forget the other types of bots, like hordes of chaos recipe bots. Of course you won't see trains of them like in LA, because PoE doesnt have open world locations like this.

RMT market is absolutely rampant in PoE, pretending otherwise is being extremely delusional.

I think these players keep a lot of very rare items relatively cheap.

Shavronnes don't just drop like candy. Neither do Fleshcrafters or Brass Domes, and often they sell crafted gear with near top rolls for relatively cheap compared to the actual cost of the craft.

Without bot sellers, you'd be paying 20 ex just for the Shavronne Base, unlinked, and probably 30 ex for a Brass Dome.

Now, there is a devil's advocate to this: For those who get a rare drop with high demand, it stymies their ability to generate wealth.

However, I'd defend a flat "averaging" system that include relatively low prices to a market that rewards ONLY spike items, and such a market that rewards spike drops would also reduce the value of getting 20 ex from such a drop, because it would buy less.

I could give a flying F about their wealth. That's a jealous position argued with no insight on how the world works, that simply exhibits how contemptuous a person is and how much they measure their live and decisions by what other people do; a very very poor way to live.

This game is semi regulated. It RESETS. However, a loose regulation is far more amicable than a strict one.

Every popular game ever made has had similar exploits, or even hacks, that people get away with, because they are necessary evils for retaining a healthy player base.

Starcraft Map Hacking existed because the majority of players didn't want to play with Fog of War. The vast majority of people map hacked, and Blizzard didn't actively ban for it.

Likewise, Diablo II didn't crack down on rune farming bots and the generated runewords, because they obviously had to cede that their rune farming system was flawed, and players enjoyed the game better when they existed.

Every MMO has a bot seller program, and they never get cracked down on, because guess what? players are inferior at filling the market.

The only time games actively crack down on hacks or exploits is when it directly affects the gameplay of others in a negative way that outweighs the pros.

-Chat spammers.
-Boss DPS decided drops vs a hacking player who can autobuff P2W buffs and skill cut.
-Bots existing in such numbers grinding that they become detrimental to global map farming and grinding in grind intensive games (Archeage had this problem).
-Hacks that cause global extinction of players or player deaths in safe areas.
-Hacks/exploits/stolen information that steal accounts
I quit POE for Lost Ark and Destiny 2, the thing that made me do it was constant nerfs to my builds , even on standard league. As such, i am playing those other 2 games, i have spend well above 200 bucks in past month on those.
Money that will not come to GGG again. Besides GGG did not took any stance regarding the current international situation like many other gaming companies did , so for me, GGG is whatever now, not even that
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
rekikyo wrote:
Poe has bots but the majority that are in game are not RMT bots. They are secondary accounts of primary players set up so the player can farm endlessly without interruptions.

I hope you're basing these claims on actual insight/knowledge, and not just guessing. Which brings me to why you have such insight/knowledge into the subject.

Anyhow, I absolutely think that the majority of bots are somewhat connected to RMT. Why shouldn't they? Anyhow, I just think, you said "they are not". Hope you have some statistics here.

I'm just one little small person.

However, I do have about 36 "friends" who consistently are top players with day 2-3 game conquers, and 27 of them have a bot seller.

Almost every time I buy an item (and I buy a lot) it's usually following a script of chat that thanks me or something similar, and almost half have the hideout with Noir characters with Waypoints as their ***. Even those are level 95 characters, where the MO of a RMT bot seller is usually a level 2 or level 3 toon.

If a player has a competent secondary toon, intuition tells me that's probably a player alternate account.

I don't know how true RMT generates in POE, but if it's anything like D2, they inject items directly into the game, and have no need to trade for items like Exalts or Chaos to create them. But, I'm generally the one PAYING in Exalt/Chaos, so that would be pretty weird if the actual RMT bot was out farming.

Script farming POE isn't that easy. There's too many ways to die, and too many individual random events per map.

Now..... do I think that real players RMT as secondary traders? Absolutely. I'm not dumb, and I've seen that in every MMORPG I've ever played. If an item is going to lose utility because it's going to go to a different league at the end of play, would there be a market for players to liquidate what they have for $$? Absolutely. TFT could have evolved along those lines and still technically could every day (it's not what it's known for though). Any time there are options for alt tabbing a third party chat community like Discord etc, there's opportunity to sell items for $.

I have NO data on how many people actually do this, but it's different from a RMT bot protocol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info