Lost Ark experience was a total disaster...

la not as good as some ppl here say... sadly but classic lineag or clon wow with anime
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Let me tell you guys something. After change to main story (no more free gold from it) dailu concurrent players dropped from 800k to 600k. Meaning quarter of LA popualtion were bots and gold sellers.
This is just insanity.
"
Aynix wrote:
Let me tell you guys something. After change to main story (no more free gold from it) dailu concurrent players dropped from 800k to 600k. Meaning quarter of LA popualtion were bots and gold sellers.
This is just insanity.

They also did a large ban wave on people buying gold from the gold sellers, but yeah, plus it's not like all the bots are gone.
There always was players who didnt know to play games and what games is all about and its not only for video games. People like advantage no matter which one and if this advantage is easy one gated behind the money people will rather pay because we're lazy or not enough smart for this game or skilled. The most reason why people hate POE is they cant buy power and even if they can aford mirrored gear that doesent mean they can do end content in POE and yes they gonna always say some shits about those kind if games and deffend ther one. So why people who doesent like poe or better said hate waisting time here. Did you guys got paid to talking so much bullshits and comparing a silly game like LA is. Most of those haters never support poe or acc was new on forum. But on the other hand in LA forum is way more shits about LA so why dont you spend more time there where is more fun and deffend your p2w game im just enjoying reading how many people is anoying with lost ark especialy since last patch. At the end there is thousends of people who hate and quit LA right now alot of more then people hate poe so i could say now for sure POE WIN ARK LOST (AL sounds way better now) 😀
"
SneakySanta wrote:
Started it and it was filled with bots all around me and everyone was spamming chinese p2w sites for coins or whatever.

The entire city square was filled with bots called asgdasghqghqwg3245 and variations.

Jesus.. Glad i didnt donated before i tried it..

I heard stories, but the reallity is abysmal.

POE might have flaws ,but Lost Ark is lost indeed...

I really expected valid and significant reasons (which definitely exist)...

but RMT chat spam and bots??? Have you not played POE at all? Both of those things are very very present in POE. Have you really never seen the Tablua brigade in act 4 all stacked on each others because they're on the same pixel perfect scripting? You've never seen "GIT>>YER>>ORBS DOT blahblah in chat? like over and over every league every day all day long?

Lost Ark has one of the most dogshit leveling experiences of any game I've ever played... THATS a reason to dislike LA... its got the UI of a mobile game and the pile upon pile of intentionally un-intuitive collectables and "crafting" systems typical of MMO's that have some years on them.

But that said its also got combat that is worlds better than POE, time to live balance that embarasses POE. And melee is actually good, which GGG hasn't been able to do in 8 years of live development.

SO is LA a perfect top down action oriented RPG type MMO? Nope and its got some seriously dogshit aspects.

But is it doing some basic shit that absolutely blows POE out of the water? Maybe even kinda embarrassingly so? Yep.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
rekikyo wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:
Level 1-50 is a tutorial. True game starts at 50. You didn't give it even a chance.

It’s a long 270-300 hours of perfect play from 1 to 50, if you’re doing the activities that you are supposed to on the way. If you go back and try to complete the adventure logs at 50, you’ll never complete the drop quests, as they have reduced drop rates the higher your level.

PvP at end game is P2W as are raids. You need a guild.

There is honestly just about nothing in your post that isn't untrue or grossly exaggerated:

PvP is normalized, so thats just wrong

Raids can be done by any F2P character and have already been done by F2P non swiping streamers like Datmodz and Donthecrown and many others. Even the one just released a couple days ago has already been done by F2P. So thats also simply wrong.

I have 3 lvl50+ that took a grand total of 10ish hours to level (two of them free passed to 50). 10h in a brand new game BTW. None of whom "needed" a single side quest, and my "completionist" character thats going to clean up the stuff you're falsely calling 300hours (and you're also implying this is normal and required for every character): that character is already done with a fat chunk of it after a couple hours here and there. Not mentioning that tons of it is permanent and "roster" wide (every character benefits), not to mention that most of it is pure fluff and unnecessary.

Damn I could do with POE having "Roster" features...

Skill point potions are basically fractions of a passive in POE strength if you actually look at the math, and then consider that most of your important skills will be maxed out without them. So even this is disingenuous to bring up... they're for min/maxing and fine tuning and most of them can be done while you life skill with one hand on the mouse and the other in a bag of chips. Relaxed collection gameplay is honestly not a bad thing to break things up.

250-300 hours... Maybe if you want every fucking Mokoko seed that literally gives not a single ounce of character power and exist purely as a casual MMO collection activity...

I'm heavily critical of LA (while also really enjoying some aspects of it like it having combat and melee that are light years more tactical, impactful and interesting and also more fairly balanced and signaled than POE).

Its true that there are things you'll "clean up" if you want to be a completion type absolute 100% in every area minmaxer but a huge amount of that 100% will give you absolutely nothing thats actually powerfull. Some of it will (skill point potions, tokens that can buy mats, but then you can just get the mats other ways as well) but mostly its just pets and mounts and fluff for people who can't stand to leave their quest journal at 50-70%. Its stuff that even "pro Korean players" say should only ever be done "over years" (ATK) or "when you feel like cleaning it up" (Saintone)

ALso you'll only ever "have to" to do that one time per account for a bunch of it. Of course "have to" is in quotes because its not actually true.

Unlike say leveling in POE where you'll literally have to (with no quotes) unveil again every 3 months or miss out on power. Also do your lab trials again every 3 months... also set up your atlas, and your betrayal board, and 6 link, and collect your crafting bench nodes, and... a bunch of other RNG gated chores that are either just as unfun and choresome as Lost Ark, or more so if like me: the Lost Ark stuff is at least novel and new and not the same ol same ol.

If you want to dislike LA go right ahead, I have my own criticism, but do it for reasons that aren't misrepresentations or outright fiction.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 12, 2022, 3:29:13 AM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
rekikyo wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:
Level 1-50 is a tutorial. True game starts at 50. You didn't give it even a chance.

It’s a long 270-300 hours of perfect play from 1 to 50, if you’re doing the activities that you are supposed to on the way. If you go back and try to complete the adventure logs at 50, you’ll never complete the drop quests, as they have reduced drop rates the higher your level.

PvP at end game is P2W as are raids. You need a guild.

too much to quote

I just wanted to support this post. The game has problems, the games is P2W by definition (and don't bring me this "pay for convenience" crap), so people should discuss those, instead of coming with plain falsehoods and BS like 270-300 hours of perfect play from 1 to 50... The collections and andventure tome in particular, I didn't give a single crap about untill I reached endgame T3, at which point I just do a bit of collectibles from time to time when I feel like it (and you need to do it only once per account).

Our version of Lost Ark has one huge flaw that overshadows everything else.
Its published by Amazon.
"
Aynix wrote:
Its published by Amazon.

Yeah Tencent is way better... :/
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 12, 2022, 10:42:14 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
Its published by Amazon.

This is one thing I don't get - Amazon has nothing to do with the game's content, only with technology. It performed a technological equivalent of a miracle during the launch by adding a massive data center in the span of a week; the infrastructure handled the launch overall extremely well, especially in comparison to any other game... but somehow, everything is Amazon's fault.

Where does that come from?

Especially when a lot of the problems, like zero innate anti-bot protections, content drought at 1340-1370, quick release of stuff placed behind the drought...etc come from the game's design/content implementation choice, which is clearly on the developer, not the publisher.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info