Lost Ark experience was a total disaster...

Even Chris acknowledged the bots and called them a “necessary evil”. That sounds like at least tacit approval to me.
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
Even Chris acknowledged the bots and called them a “necessary evil”. That sounds like at least tacit approval to me.

Can you please cite that one? Not that I find it unbelievable but it'd make an interesting addition to my collection of My How Things Change things, given I once sat and watched him murder bots on a laptop in his spare time.

As for this thread:

https://steamcharts.com/app/1599340

Them's some mighty big numbers, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess YMMV is quite the understatement here and that the game experience is far from a 'total disaster' for a lot of people. I'd go further and say most of them know better than to expect a Korean-aimed p2w MMO barely repurposed for Western tastes to feel anything like a Chinese-owned Kiwi-made ARPG aimed at galaxy-brain gamers eager to flex their intellect in a computer game.

Cue 'popular does not mean good' rejoinder missing the point here in 3..2..1...

So hey, is there some sort of new minigame where people try to see how long their obviously off-topic threads stay in Path of Exile General Discussion? Had some surprising stayers of late but they all get flushed to OT in the end...
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 8, 2022, 6:36:41 PM
Level 1-50 is a tutorial. True game starts at 50. You didn't give it even a chance.
"
FedeS wrote:
Level 1-50 is a tutorial. True game starts at 50. You didn't give it even a chance.

True game is it means time when you need to spend money?

I like to read when people talking how end game in poe is untouchable but would be more fun to read same thing about LA, but hey cuting the tree or rolling some stones could be fun too and in the same time watching your p2w guild mates playing guild war. To cut this shit even TERA looks better
imglad you didnt donated eether
"
MECHanokl wrote:
"
SneakySanta wrote:

DO NOT even compare those.
The automated responses for currency and fragment trades arent farming bots like in the chinese simulators.

Lost Ark is absolutely pay to win garbage. Where here a farming bot cannot do shit ... The rmt advertisement is almost non existant in Poe and in lkost ark you get 200000 pms per second from multiple bots in game from the trade sites which is disgusting.

Also in the VERY BEGINING of the game every chat Possible is infested with spam of RMT sites. And it is ABSOLUTELY obvious that the company has no intention of stopping them at all.

Lost Ark is a body already dead of cancer.

I can compare and I will. A flipper bot literally makes you currency in afk mode purely on the exchange fluctuations, since there are no regulations or proper automated trade, while the person just plays the game. This is completely broken but nobody cares, because the game loses most of it's population after one month of league and everything is re-set soon after.

RMT in PoE is absolutely rampant, I dont know what kind of world you live in. And unlke LA, where you need to at least raid for the best gear, in PoE you can just buy a full meta build, all the maps you need and faceroll the game. Can buy all challegnes, buy your way to 100, buy the best gear and all boss clears, as long as you have enough currency. And I dont know whether they changed something now, but when I played the chat had almost constant RMT spam.

Quite a rant, yet nothing coherent.
"
dragomirrr wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:

True game is it means time when you need to spend money?

I like to read when people talking how end game in poe is untouchable but would be more fun to read same thing about LA, but hey cuting the tree or rolling some stones could be fun too and in the same time watching your p2w guild mates playing guild war. To cut this shit even TERA looks better

Oh no, many many free to play people is on Tier 3 already. You can earn gold in-game and with that gold you can buy diamonds.
I log in to get my daily log in reward, laugh at the gold seller spam, think jesus was a crap game, and quit out.
"
superbomb1967 wrote:

Quite a rant, yet nothing coherent.

You are calling what I wrote a "rant" that is not coherent, yet you can't even explain why it's not coherent?

If it's so nonsensical, you should be able to easily tell where I am wrong or what is incorrect. Yet you can't, because nothing I wrote is incorrect. The trade is filled with bots, the game is filled with bots that run chaos recipe or do some other crap to make currency, and RMT is rampant. And I am not saying that RMT or bots are some huge oversight by the developers, those problems are incredibly difficult to deal with. With RMT in particular, there are always people present who want to spend real money to gain power, and they will do it either through official or non-official means if no official option is present.
However, calling out another game a bot-infested mess with RMT spam in chat while being a PoE player... That's just hilarious. If someone is so intolerant to bots or the existence of unofficial sites that sell in-game power for real money, you would think this person would quit PoE a long time ago.
"
SneakySanta wrote:
"
MECHanokl wrote:
"
SneakySanta wrote:
Started it and it was filled with bots all around me and everyone was spamming chinese p2w sites for coins or whatever.

So like PoE right? PoE is infested with bots hardcore, and all kinds of ones, but the most common ones we meet are trade flipper bots that make afk currency for their owners. There is a very high chance most "people" you trade currency with in PoE are bots. Most "people" I traded currency with were bots for sure.

And RMT sites? When I googled PoE store (I wanted to check out prices of certain cosmetics), the first result I got was a google sponsored ad for a PoE RMT site.

Lost Ark (at the very least the EU/NA version) has a bot problem, that is absolutely true. However, a PoE player complaining about a bot\RMT problem in a different game is the pot calling the kettle black.

DO NOT even compare those.
The automated responses for currency and fragment trades arent farming bots like in the chinese simulators.

Lost Ark is absolutely pay to win garbage. Where here a farming bot cannot do shit ... The rmt advertisement is almost non existant in Poe and in lkost ark you get 200000 pms per second from multiple bots in game from the trade sites which is disgusting.

Also in the VERY BEGINING of the game every chat Possible is infested with spam of RMT sites. And it is ABSOLUTELY obvious that the company has no intention of stopping them at all.

Lost Ark is a body already dead of cancer.

Everyone that says Lost Ark is p2w clearly hasn't played Lost Ark to end game (T3 1370+ item level) and shouldn't be posting.

To make things simple. f2p players in KR & RU are in the same content any whales are. People who whine that it's p2w are people who don't want to invest the time into the game to get there so they complain others are getting there first.

I've been a f2p player in RU since day 1, and am ALWAYS ahead of where I need to be before a raid release. Leaving me at times with 1-2 weeks (or longer) waiting for more content.

Also to clarify, these days any online game is pay 2 win whether that be via illegal means, account sales or other shenanigans so stop living in the past as it's 2022 so get a reality check.
Last edited by firenovix on Mar 9, 2022, 2:00:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info