Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

The end of repetitive builds.

I liked it
I have 2 kids with autism and run my own business. I manage to do Sirus, or get very close, each league in SSF so whoever is complaining about end game being impossible for casuals is either not good at time management while playing or just bad at the game in general. Surprise, casuals aren't SUPPOSED TO be able to do all the end game and of course you can't go super deep into all the content as a casual each season(delve, heist, syndicate, etc). Pick a single goal, or maybe two and accomplish them.

I don't mind the nerfs at all. Will make Sirus feel that much more of an accomplishment this league!

Bunch of whiners just want to complain more about their FREE GAME. Typical.
It's fine, adapt or die.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
Smurfstefan wrote:
Just some random global Steam stats about your game:

This is all according to this official link, in case you're wondering.

Atlas of Worlds
Complete every map on the Atlas. - 1.4% completion

Breachlord
Kill every Breachlord. - 2.0% completion

Sacrifice of the Vaal
Kill Atziri in the Alluring Abyss. - 2.1% completion

Ruler of the Court
Defeat the Pale Council. - 3.0% completion

Master Cartographer
Complete all of the red maps on the Atlas. - 3.0% completion

Shaper of Worlds
Kill the Shaper. - 3.3% completion

Journeyman Cartographer
Complete all of the yellow maps on the Atlas. - 4.3% completion

Releaser of Souls
Kill the Eater of Souls in the Core end-game Map. - 4.8% completion

Well-Connected
Create an item with six linked sockets using an Orb of Fusing. - 5.1% completion

Apprentice Cartographer
Complete all of the white maps on the Atlas. - 5.9% completion

Diminishing Returns
Reach level 90 as a non-Hardcore character. - 6.2% completion

Raise the Bar
Have at least 90% resistance to any Element. - 6.7% completion

New World Order
Socket a Watchstone into any Region of your Atlas. - 8.3% completion

ETC

So these are your global Steam players stats related to POE major achievements.
So you're telling me a game that has 1.4% all maps completion and 6.2% level 90 out of the entire player base is in dire need of continous nerfs and such an agressive attitude towards the 'power creep' that you feel you're seeing? How is this not delusional?
I used to be very much inlove with the game and have supported you guys for giving us something I could play and enjoy, but you're taking this so off the charts it's scary.
Stop it. Please. This is getting ridiculous. Your game is not gonna die if you let people enjoy it. It is A VIDEO GAME, that's the point!
The places you're getting your info from is so wrong it's so mesmerizing for those of us that actually play this for more than 10 hours/ month.

If this has turned into 'it's my philosophy before everything else' and it stopped being about the players, let us know so we can have our leave, no matter how many hearts it breaks.

I really think you should at least take into account that PoE is a free game. Using your method of gathering info one would realize that only 52.7% of people who play on steam have killed Brutus, and 14.2% for kitava. That would mean that nearly 43% of players who have beaten kitava have reached level 90
If you want me to take more risks and invest more time, you should also give me more rewards as well. Nobody likes taking risks and investing for nothing, right?
Do they even test stuff if it's playable before releasing this huge nerf? (larf)

Funny stuff is people still praise it (larf x2)

I think I can take a chance migrating to D2R or FFXIV now (larf x3)
"
xyeno wrote:
Will need to see patch notes to decide if I want to play the league for more than 2 weeks or to switch to D2R. As for now, it seems like switch to D2R seems more reasonable (getting a "new" and "well made" game for $40 USD seems like a much much better option compared to buying a shitty supporter pack for $90 USD).

Bro, you're getting the same game as 20 years ago with updated graphics and no more muling. Also one game is free the other isn't. Some wild ass comparison IMO.
I wonder what people just now joining POE will do
"
Smurfstefan wrote:
Just some random global Steam stats about your game:

This is all according to this official link, in case you're wondering.

Atlas of Worlds
Complete every map on the Atlas. - 1.4% completion

Breachlord
Kill every Breachlord. - 2.0% completion

Sacrifice of the Vaal
Kill Atziri in the Alluring Abyss. - 2.1% completion

Ruler of the Court
Defeat the Pale Council. - 3.0% completion

Master Cartographer
Complete all of the red maps on the Atlas. - 3.0% completion

Shaper of Worlds
Kill the Shaper. - 3.3% completion

Journeyman Cartographer
Complete all of the yellow maps on the Atlas. - 4.3% completion

Releaser of Souls
Kill the Eater of Souls in the Core end-game Map. - 4.8% completion

Well-Connected
Create an item with six linked sockets using an Orb of Fusing. - 5.1% completion

Apprentice Cartographer
Complete all of the white maps on the Atlas. - 5.9% completion

Diminishing Returns
Reach level 90 as a non-Hardcore character. - 6.2% completion

Raise the Bar
Have at least 90% resistance to any Element. - 6.7% completion

New World Order
Socket a Watchstone into any Region of your Atlas. - 8.3% completion

ETC

So these are your global Steam players stats related to POE major achievements.
So you're telling me a game that has 1.4% all maps completion and 6.2% level 90 out of the entire player base is in dire need of continous nerfs and such an agressive attitude towards the 'power creep' that you feel you're seeing? How is this not delusional?
I used to be very much inlove with the game and have supported you guys for giving us something I could play and enjoy, but you're taking this so off the charts it's scary.
Stop it. Please. This is getting ridiculous. Your game is not gonna die if you let people enjoy it. It is A VIDEO GAME, that's the point!
The places you're getting your info from is so wrong it's so mesmerizing for those of us that actually play this for more than 10 hours/ month.

If this has turned into 'it's my philosophy before everything else' and it stopped being about the players, let us know so we can have our leave, no matter how many hearts it breaks.

Ever since the game became more popular on Twitch the game has been tuned according to streamers…
For some reason I don't give a damn this league (or this game), all these nerfs really bother me and the current direction of this game is dumb imo, so gl with the league see you in 3.16 or 2.0.
Last edited by nighter32 on Jul 20, 2021, 12:31:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info