One year of COVID, a reflection.

"
MrCoo1 wrote:
I'm pretty sure FarmerTed here isn't claiming that vaccines are not supposed to stop you from getting covid, like what you incorrectly claimed in your first post. He is saying IF you get it, as in when you are not in the 95% who gain immunity, the severity is reduced.

i didn't incorrectly claim anything. i know what FarmerTed's post was and i replied to it in kind.

FarmerTed stated
"
All the different shots are beneficial in the fact that if you do get covid they greatly decrease the severity so you stay out of the hospital.

so lets break this down. the shots are the vaccines. so if you get covid, "THEY", the vaccines, greatly decrease the severity so you stay out of the hospital.
yes FarmerTed is saying that the vaccines do not stop you from getting covid. or rather, if you're gotten the vaccines you can still get covid, as has happened a large amount of times already

i edited my original reply because i didn't understand what your post meant at first, but now i see what you were saying.
sorry it just couldn't register to me that someone could question the very clear statement there
Last edited by xMustard on May 20, 2021, 9:02:10 PM
"
I doubt I'll be afforded such a choice, unless they actually don't have any AZ on hand. I don't mind. No clots first time, certainly none the second. Interesting to read a study indicating increased efficacy with an AZ/Pf mix but it does say small study so I'm not going to put too much faith in it.

I was reading some depressing news that vulnerables with reduced B cell count don't always benefit significantly from vaccination. For them, extra boosters and higher doses may be the only way. Thankfully I'm on a TNF inhibitor which doesn't affect B cell production.

There's been ongoing studies in various places. It's good to see that it's looking like it's a likely option. I'm with you as far as AZ goes, I'd have been fine with it.

Seems that boosters are likely anyway mainly because coronavirus has morphed into a number of variants.

Get that juice into me. 👍
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
AstraZeneca hmm, isn't that the big pharma that signed an exclusive contract with Oxford University for their vaccine patent, when they (the Uni) initially promised to create a vaccine that would be open source, available for reproduction by all that could do so (meaning ANY country, including the third world poor countries)? But I guess they must have had their fingers crossed at the time... behind their back, it's the oldest trick, and it always works. Talking about humanitarianism of... big philanthropists and big BIG money.

Gee, I wonder why everybody's so obsessed with the vaccines? Especially all the ruling governments around the world, could it be because governments do the deals? And why nobody's talking about medicines that could help solve (safer, easier and... cheaper) the problem? Only recently the European Medicines Agency (official body of the EU) recommended eight different pharmaceuticals for approval (it's on the official site for anyone interested).
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
Last edited by Nizhidrhamannit on May 21, 2021, 3:51:55 PM
"
Gee, I wonder why everybody's so obsessed with the vaccines?

because people don't want to put in work or take responsibility for their health. its much easier to pop a pill or push the pin instead of changing your lifestyle, diet, stress levels, etc.

cancer as a problem is a perfect example of the failure of the medical community and its "science" but maybe a bit too off topic here.

people don't understand actual health. even if they did, its too much work for them to be bothered. and ya know what? thats their choice. their health, their responsibility.
Covid will not last forever . Hold on!
I am LORD!
Huh. Ya might think this thread would be humming with all the juicy tidbits revealed in Fauci's emails.

*Crickets chirping.*

=0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Ya might think this thread would be humming with all the juicy tidbits revealed in Fauci's emails.
I would be surprised of a single example of someone unironically expecting that.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 5, 2021, 7:55:24 PM
Yes, that would be against the forum rules.

:)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Yes, that would be against the forum rules.

:)

why would his emails be against forum rules?
"
xMustard wrote:
cancer as a problem is a perfect example of the failure of the medical community and its "science" but maybe a bit too off topic here.

Just because you understand how a phenomenom works does not mean you can prevent it (floods, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, radioactive decay, spontaneous mutations - that one's particularly relevant here). Also, fun little fact regarding that "failure", recently (not refering to the last 4 seconds) the edinburgh cancer research center succeeded in destroying cancer cells without harming the surrounding tissue. Not enough studies on that particular one to make it widely available yet, though.

To be more on topic, regarding the vaccine thing... people care because it helps. Shocking, I know. Have a fun little look at some statistics in regards to vaccines and diseases. Herd immunity is a thing. If 99% of people are unable to get infected by a virus, then the last 1% are much more unlikely to be infected as well. If there is no host to spread an illness to, then there is also none that you could receive said illness from.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info