One year of COVID, a reflection.

"
FCK42 wrote:
Herd immunity is a thing.
I thought that was Debunked™.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
Herd immunity is a thing.
I thought that was Debunked™.

Herd immunity through natural infection and herd immunity through mass vaccination are different things.
Last edited by awesome999 on Jun 7, 2021, 9:42:07 PM
"
awesome999 wrote:
Herd immunity through natural infection and herd immunity through mass vaccination are different things.
Thank you for clarifying!
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Yes, that would be against the forum rules.

:)

why would his emails be against forum rules?

As long as you don´t mention the country Faucis plane is flying over atm or as long as he doesn´t intent to run for politician in the future you´re pretty ok to discuss his emails as long as its not promoting the ungovernmental lableaktheory or else you get attacked by rabid forumchihuahuas which smell your blood and want you to be impeached or smth.

Words are mightier than the blade, remember, unless you get attacked by someone wielding a blade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
FCK42 wrote:
Just because you understand how a phenomenom works does not mean you can prevent it (floods, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, radioactive decay, spontaneous mutations - that one's particularly relevant here). Also, fun little fact regarding that "failure", recently (not refering to the last 4 seconds) the edinburgh cancer research center succeeded in destroying cancer cells without harming the surrounding tissue. Not enough studies on that particular one to make it widely available yet, though.

To be more on topic, regarding the vaccine thing... people care because it helps. Shocking, I know. Have a fun little look at some statistics in regards to vaccines and diseases. Herd immunity is a thing. If 99% of people are unable to get infected by a virus, then the last 1% are much more unlikely to be infected as well. If there is no host to spread an illness to, then there is also none that you could receive said illness from.

are you seriously comparing illness to natural disasters like floods, tsunamis and volcanos?
do you see how badly you're misunderstanding health?
and just for the record, mainstream medicine has never understood cancer and probably never will. yet there are dozens of alternative sources which completely prevent cancer to begin with (this plays into understanding health) and/or cure it, including doctors being JAILED for curing cancers, since in multiple places in the world its actually illegal to treat cancer outside of their "approved" (and vastly ineffective) treatments. surgery, chemo and radiation.

if you think vaccines work then take as many as you want, but the concept of herd immunity is about the most stupid scientific and logical concept i've ever heard in my life. its just like the "fate" concept.
"if people don't get sick, then people won't be sick!" wow, brilliant!

you should stop blaming your poor health on other people and maybe start looking to your own lifestyle.
again, health has drastically changed in its understanding, but fortunately it seems like more and more people are starting to realize the important roles in healthy living.

do you know what the MOST critical and urgent ingredient for health is?
i'll give you a hint, it isn't injecting purposefully poisoned (adjuvant) foreign biologicals from other species into your body

oh right and you talk about herd immunity in relation i expect to covid, again failing to realize that the covid vaccine is not and has never been expected or designed to stop you from getting covid, AKA not being "immune", merely not experiencing the symptoms.

so here is another question. what is getting or being sick? if you have covid, but do not have symptoms, are you still sick? or are you only "sick" when you experience the symptoms?
do you think you're only "sick" when you don't feel good?
"
xMustard wrote:

so here is another question. what is getting or being sick? if you have covid, but do not have symptoms, are you still sick? or are you only "sick" when you experience the symptoms?
do you think you're only "sick" when you don't feel good?

Medical Science is totally political. People don't even agree on how people get sick. This is Bizarre but maybe people shouldn't even talk to each other if they are being this difficult to talk to.
More conspiracy theorists have arrived. Goody!

*returned, rather*
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Jun 8, 2021, 9:43:27 PM
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
More conspiracy theorists have arrived. Goody!

*returned, rather*

whats the difference between conspiracy theory and truth?
Spoiler
6 months
I got away with never wearing a mask.

When I needed groceries, I ordered them online, and scheduled them for pickup about a week ahead of time. Someone met me outside, and we loaded the up into the car. Nobody complained I didn't have a mask. If they did, I'd say they were more than welcome to take these back into the store and restock them. I can live on Chinese takeout.

Mask mandate was gone weeks ago, and now about 1/2 the bars and restaurants and grocery stores no longer require them. I give my business to the ones that don't.

Doctor visit? I did that remotely.

Work? I work for myself now.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 9, 2021, 1:35:19 AM
You're not supposed to be going in places without being fully vaccinated. Are you lying to the owners?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info