One year of COVID, a reflection.

"
"
xMustard wrote:
"
They 100% will not mix doses like that. Because it's one vaccine over time, spread out for maximum efficacy. A friend of mine in the early Moderna trial did get multiple vaccines for testing but they were very spread out and very carefully monitored.

im like 92% sure some areas already have mixed doses exactly like that.

I'm 100% sure you are close to the last person I'd trust on many matters of import beyond above average PoE knowledge and experience, in which case the term "matters of import" is really stretching it.

Mix and match, as I noted, is being trialed and tested but it is not the standard practice. When it comes to a highly adaptive little fucker like a coronavirus, nothing is set in stone. It's going to take years to normalise it, but they will.

If I may chime in on this discussion, I can guarentee you that mixed doses do and have happened, though it's generally in special cases. To my knowledge almost exclusively in cases related to AZ, where it's use was discontinued for certain age groups. Essentially, if you got AZ as first vaccination, there's now a high chance you get for example Pfizer as the 2nd. Over here at least. Source: a close relative had this very thing happen to them.

Other than that no mix cases that I know of. It wouldn't make sense. Although they are supposed to work the same way, their compositions can be ever so slightly different, which could lead complications (you know, allergies and stuff). It's a risk not worth taking, considering that changing the vaccine midway through won't alter the outcome in a significant way. Again, the exception here is AZ where it was apparently said that it's riskier to take AZ than switch. I'm not knowledgable enough to properly judge if that was the right decision or not, but that's why we have people that deal with that kind of stuff for a living.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Don't post disinformation out of Epoch Times and expect to be taken seriously.

Nice strawman. Now refute the story. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
FCK42 wrote:
"

Mix and match, as I noted, is being trialed and tested but it is not the standard practice. When it comes to a highly adaptive little fucker like a coronavirus, nothing is set in stone. It's going to take years to normalise it, but they will.

If I may chime in on this discussion, I can guarentee you that mixed doses do and have happened, though it's generally in special cases. To my knowledge almost exclusively in cases related to AZ, where it's use was discontinued for certain age groups. Essentially, if you got AZ as first vaccination, there's now a high chance you get for example Pfizer as the 2nd. Over here at least. Source: a close relative had this very thing happen to them.

Other than that no mix cases that I know of. It wouldn't make sense. Although they are supposed to work the same way, their compositions can be ever so slightly different, which could lead complications (you know, allergies and stuff). It's a risk not worth taking, considering that changing the vaccine midway through won't alter the outcome in a significant way. Again, the exception here is AZ where it was apparently said that it's riskier to take AZ than switch. I'm not knowledgable enough to properly judge if that was the right decision or not, but that's why we have people that deal with that kind of stuff for a living.

Chime always welcome, friend. I asked my doc the other day (was in getting the flu vaccine, which can't be taken too close to a covid one, for fairly obvious reasons) and he said despite my age group and the vaunted clotting issues, I'd absolutely be getting AZ for the second and final jab come July. Maybe Germany is playing it differently than Oz? We have almost no real impetus for mass vax, as most European countries do. That and the clotting complication happens with the first dose (if at all), so a second doesn't carry the same potential risk.

So I dunno. I did some reading that India's dabbling with mix n match but they're so fucked it's not like they have much to lose by being so desperate.

--

LoL Epoch Times. Really. Talk about not checking the bias of the source...none of the citation links in the Zero Hedge (!!!hahahawhat!!) article worked ("this tweet is unavailable") and the ET article that serves as its actual source flat out calls Covid the "CCP virus".

Yeah, real reliable journalism right there by "Tyler Durden". Funny how roughly the first billion hits for "what is zero hedge" are about how batshit crazy into conspiracy theories a former financial blog has become. Of course, given the ideologically juvenile pseudonym its main author chose to use, that's no big surprise.

So you linked to a story on a conspiracy theory site qouting an article from a staunchly anti-Chinese publication.

Needless to say:

Story fucking refuted.

Try again.

Or y'know, don't.

It's spectacularly poor taste to wax antivax on a thread made by a dude who has been on the Covid frontline for a year fighting to keep people from dying from it but eh, everyone's entitled to their opinion even when it's quite inappropriate to do so. Well, until the moderators deem otherwise, obviously...

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 16, 2021, 10:05:24 PM
Thankfully more of us are willing to make small sacrifices to bring and end to the spread of coronavirus than not, but there are always going to be delusional conspiracy theorists who want it to go on.

It will be a longer battle because of those people, but sanity will win.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Sanity never wins. Madness just nukes itself and sanity briefly pokes its head out of the cave to check the direction of the wind.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
.....sanity briefly pokes its head out of the cave to check the direction of the wind....

...and promptly gets shat on by a passing pigeon. Such is life.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1393022731373973504

Because Big Pharma and Big Gub'mint would never lie to us or behave in a hypocritical manner in order to control our behavior.

Used to be thinking folks questioned authority. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
xjjanie wrote:
"
.....sanity briefly pokes its head out of the cave to check the direction of the wind....

Beats a mouthful of irradiated air.
"
"
xjjanie wrote:
"

Beats a mouthful of irradiated air.

I concede. Too many wackos to win them all. :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Oh look, another wackadoodle source -- that dude's twitter history is a cliched joke. But sure, the video's real. So what? It's no newsflash that the medical industry has its doubters (especially in admin rather than frontline workers), or that people in the US aren't being forced to vaccinate. Were the former untrue you'd just claim the latter is too. That's the fun part about embracing conspiracy over fact: you can always just embrace another ludicrous explanation when reality gets in the way.

60% staff vaccinated tracks: it's on par with the US itself, give or take. Of course some people, a lot of people, are going to wait and see how it pans out if they aren't at risk. The AZ kerfuffle is ample proof that the long road to effective regular vaccination of a new, unpredictable virus we must learn to live with bumpy and yes dangerous.

But some of us, to whom Covid would be absolutely a serious threat, have to walk it anyway. So, to the fence-sitters and the naysayers waiting to see how we necessary guinea pigs handle these early, problematic attempts at vaccination, I say just this: you're welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info