One year of COVID, a reflection.

"
xMustard wrote:

its a pretty risky business to be complacent with allowing the government to dictate what you have to inject into your body, and how often.

Meh I wouldn't look at it that way. Comes across as paranoid & defiant for reasons that are not really supported by anything in reality, or history generally speaking. (I mean like is every doctor across the world involved in a mass conspiracy? C'mon)

Personally, I think its way more relevant to the significance of what the vaccination is for. Most people are just fine preventing Polio or Smallpox with a vaccine for example. In the case of COVID, it can be dangerous to those with comorbidities, but much less so to otherwise healthy people. Thus helping do your part to prevent unnecessary deaths of vulnerable folks, might be a consideration you view from a moral standpoint.

If a virus had a R0 in the 4-6 range with a 25% mortality rate, I think there would be a lot less people on their high horse about personal choice, freedom, or some other sign of your individual value system.

Getting the vaccine is small ask imo, so you are not inadvertently spreading a disease that is more than capable of killing someone less fortunate than yourself.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 4, 2021, 4:13:56 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

its a pretty risky business to be complacent with allowing the government to dictate what you have to inject into your body, and how often.

Meh I wouldn't look at it that way. Comes across as paranoid & defiant for reasons that are not really supported by anything in reality, or history generally speaking. (I mean like is every doctor across the world involved in a mass conspiracy? C'mon)

Personally, I think its way more relevant to the significance of what the vaccination is for. Most people are just fine preventing Polio or Smallpox with a vaccine for example. In the case of COVID, it can be dangerous to those with comorbidities, but much less so to otherwise healthy people. Thus helping do your part to prevent unnecessary deaths of vulnerable folks, might be a consideration you view from a moral standpoint.

If a virus had a R0 in the 4-6 range with a 25% mortality rate, I think there would be a lot less people on their high horse about personal choice, freedom, or some other sign of your individual value system.

Getting the vaccine is small ask imo, so you are not inadvertently spreading a disease that is more than capable of killing someone less fortunate than yourself.

you should look at it that way.
what other medical procedures, or any other procedures are you going to be complacent with the government forcing upon the populace? its a slippery slope for sure.

you're not just talking about personal freedoms and choices, you're talking about INJECTING SUBSTANCES INTO YOUR PERSON. you can't get any more "up in your business" than that.
to "mandate" that you HAVE to do so, or else, is ridiculous and has nothing to do with health.

im sorry but the "justification" that its for other peoples well being goes right out the fucking window when you realize we just acknowledged (and finally so did the rest of the world) that the vaccine does NOT prevent you from getting covid OR spreading covid.
so your ending sentiment there,
"
so you are not inadvertently spreading a disease that is more than capable of killing someone less fortunate than yourself.

holds no water, since this can still happen even if you're fully vaccinated, and even if the other person is fully vaccinated.

the entire 20 months of this two week pandemic, or whatever we're up to now, has always been about politics and make-shift morals. why? because it clearly isn't about health. never has been, never will be. you can think otherwise all you want. more power to ya.

"
Comes across as paranoid & defiant for reasons that are not really supported by anything in reality, or history generally speaking.

i could go off on who really is the paranoid ones in this scenario. and not supported by history?
name me one time in history that government has taken power/control by way of laws and such....then rescinded them.
the entire LIE that this will be temporary should be sinking in for many by now. i called it out since the very beginning, in march 2020 that this would never be temporary, so you'd better be careful what you're willing to give up and comply with.
^ I mean ok. You do you.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
xMustard wrote:
"
It's also worth noting that for any vaccine to do its job, you actually have to first catch the disease it's protecting you from. It's a basic principle.

this is also ridiculously wrong.
but again people can believe whatever they want.

Here's the basic rundown of how a vaccine works:

get the vaccine
learn how to produce the correct antibodies
catch the disease
produce the correct antibodies
stop it before it infects you

How is your body going to fight the disease if you don't catch it first, even for a short period?
"
xMustard wrote:
"
but I have never heard anyone official actually claim that the vaccine will stop you catching or spreading the virus.

are you for real? man i wish i had the ability to put a huge collage of media clips, articles, promises, etc. it would probably be 40 minutes long of people promising this very thing over and over
for you to say you haven't heard anyone official actually claim the vaccine will stop you catching or spreading the virus, makes me think you're lying or you just live so much in the moment that you can't remember 15 minutes ago. because that claim is insane.
maybe you just don't pay any attention to things.

I probably should have mentioned I have no TV, so I only read print media (also online I generally read; I don't watch video if I can help it). I'm also not in America so don't get the same media coverage you probably do.
"
xMustard wrote:

im sorry but the "justification" that its for other peoples well being goes right out the fucking window when you realize we just acknowledged (and finally so did the rest of the world) that the vaccine does NOT prevent you from getting covid OR spreading covid.
so your ending sentiment there,

Is this the part where we can claim you are anti-vaxxer and probably unvaccinated so that we treat you like an social outcast?

"
LennyLen wrote:

How is your body going to fight the disease if you don't catch it first, even for a short period?

mRna Vaccine work differently from the traditional vaccine; by simulating an attack or tricking it is under attack. Using mRna messagers to produce viral spike protein and getting the person’s immune system to generate antibodies.

Last edited by awesome999 on Nov 4, 2021, 8:15:25 PM
"
awesome999 wrote:
mRna Vaccine work differently from the traditional vaccine; by simulating an attack or tricking it is under attack. Using mRna messagers to produce viral spike protein and getting the person’s immune system to generate antibodies.

Yes, I'm aware of how this vaccine is different, but the principle is still the same. The antibodies won't protect you from covid until you actually catch covid. That part is the same for all antibodies, they never do anything if you don't catch the disease they're targeted for.
Last edited by LennyLen on Nov 4, 2021, 8:48:07 PM
By definition its not a vaccination, more of a flu shot that needs annual updates. I mean, if we are vaccinated against polio, chickens and measles: We cannot contract them. While being vaccinated against the big C (not me) doesnt prevent infection.

People need to remember, you have every right to do with you own body/gender as anyone else. But you cannot project your beliefs on to another, especially when it comes to medical and penetrating the body.

Ive been around bad neighborhoods where ppl push drugs, even hung out with those who sold. But big phrama/gov has the biggest peer pressure type bs ive ever seen. Even the "bad guys" arent pushin as hard as they are.

Imagine getting jumped for not doing drugs. Modern society (social media) is becoming puzzling.

"
Chadwixx wrote:
By definition its not a vaccination, more of a flu shot that needs annual updates. I mean, if we are vaccinated against polio, chickens and measles: We cannot contract them. While being vaccinated against the big C (not me) doesnt prevent infection.

People need to remember, you have every right to do with you own body/gender as anyone else. But you cannot project your beliefs on to another, especially when it comes to medical and penetrating the body.

Ive been around bad neighborhoods where ppl push drugs, even hung out with those who sold. But big phrama/gov has the biggest peer pressure type bs ive ever seen. Even the "bad guys" arent pushin as hard as they are.

Imagine getting jumped for not doing drugs. Modern society (social media) is becoming puzzling.

pUshing drugs, why not? Vaccines are perfectly legal.

They can, that is what advertising and promoting products is all about. They can persuade you to vaccinate with ads, bribe you with beer, donuts or icecream, peer pressure or guilt trip you into doing it. What they can't do is tie you up on a stretcher, carry you off and forcefully inject you with a vaccine.

Last edited by awesome999 on Nov 5, 2021, 9:22:09 AM
"
awesome999 wrote:
Is this the part where we can claim you are anti-vaxxer and probably unvaccinated so that we treat you like an social outcast?

you can assume whatever you want

"
awesome999 wrote:

and lets not forget, you cannot turn this off. so even though people continue to believe covid stuff is temporary, they're willing to alter their body functions permanently to avoid the off-chance they get covid, and the off-off-chance its severe enough they die.

and i do mean off-chance. in my large area the population approx 4.4 million people. to this date, the official statistics are that the TOTAL of covid deaths over 20 months including eldery with multiple comorbidities is....3100.

there have been more suicides. there have been more substance abuse overdoses. there have been many more....basically any other medical condition.
as the other guy said, "you do you". and he's completely right.

"
awesome999 wrote:
pUshing drugs, why not? Vaccines are perfectly legal.

They can, that is what advertising and promoting products is all about. They can persuade you to vaccinate with ads, bribe you with beer, donuts or icecream, peer pressure or guilt trip you into doing it. What they can't do is tie you up on a stretcher, carry you off and forcefully inject you with a vaccine.

i couldn't agree with this any more. they can't actually force you. and coercion, or sketchy marketing, is not "force".
nobody will be able to say the devil made them do it. people are still making their own choices even if its the choice they don't want to make (if its not the choice you want to make, then why did you make it?)

if anyone is in the position where they are still justifying all this stuff, just stick around! because i guarantee things will get worse. worse as in, way more obviously ridiculous. it'll continue this trend until even the most willingly ignorant are snapped out of their trance.

quick poll. anyone here from AUS or NZ still under that trance? you know, basically not being allowed outside? for your health guys. anyone?
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 5, 2021, 9:43:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info