what the fuck is cyberpunk

"
Phrazz wrote:
"

RIP!

Really like(ed) his content.

Dear god that passive tree. Makes the current one look like childs play.

And there is a dude in global who was legitimately excited for three skill gem drops in a room. Man I forgot what this game was at its start.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Oct 29, 2020, 6:25:48 PM
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

RIP!

Really like(ed) his content.

Dear god that passive tree. Makes the current one look like childs play.

And there is a dude in global who was legitimately excited for three skill gem drops in a room. Man I forgot what this game was at its start.

Not gonna lie. The nostalgia nuke hit me hard when I linked it for a lark and then decided to rewatch the whole thing, the video that earned Grinding Gear Games its first major burst of player support. You can't miss how *beautifully* paced it looks, despite the obviously primitive, underdeveloped aesthetics. Note how TB (RIP) says that each hit feels like it matters, as the zombies stagger under each wand strike. I won't ask what happened to that game, because we all know.

But in some other timeline, we reached Steins;Gate and I play that Path of Exile every day.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Torrenz wrote:
can someone give me the rundown
why does everyone give a shit

It's D4 disguised as Santa Claus.
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
Torrenz wrote:

No idea why people are so hyped, it is literally another generic boring RPG with a trail to follow and your hand being held. I am actually shocked people are so excited about it, I am assuming it's because of the famous actor
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
"
wallsh1 wrote:
"
Torrenz wrote:

No idea why people are so hyped, it is literally another generic boring RPG with a trail to follow and your hand being held. I am actually shocked people are so excited about it, I am assuming it's because of the famous actor

For real? That is the first I've ever heard where game sales are due to the voice actors lol
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
wallsh1 wrote:
I am actually shocked people are so excited about it, I am assuming it's because of the famous actor

I've been excited about it since I saw this all those many years ago.

Blade Runner is one of my favourite movies, and Neuromancer is one of my favourite novels, so anything with Cyberpuunk in the title had me hooked.

When they announced Keanu was involved, I was a bit disappointed to be honest. MY first thought was "How many coders/designers could they have hired with the money they paid him?"

I don't really even like Keanu Reeves that much. He made a great Ted, but he's been "meh" at the most in anything else since.

edit:

"
For real? That is the first I've ever heard where game sales are due to the voice actors lol

One of the reasons I bought the first Lands of Lore game was because one of the voice actors was Patrick Stewart.
Last edited by LennyLen on Oct 29, 2020, 11:25:48 PM
"
"
wallsh1 wrote:
"
Torrenz wrote:

There's one guy that hasn't played the Original Thief or Thief 2 :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Oct 29, 2020, 11:24:18 PM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

Why that is correct sir. Sadly not all are gaming snobs, so proceed, enlighten us with your unparalleled historical gaming intellect.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

Why that is correct sir. Sadly not all are gaming snobs, so proceed, enlighten us with your unparalleled historical gaming intellect.

You got that wrong :) It was honest, good-willed teasing quite suitable to your voice actor lol comment :P

Served you right! <3

-Mythabril
Never heard of the game until GGG advertised it.

So a new game and a new expansion come out at the same time. GGG delays release. The other game doesn't. GGG is being beta as hell. For the record, that's the first time I've used that term, and cringe when others use it. But in this case it's true. GGG delaying launch shows total lack of confidence in their game.

I'm not against a delay and would like to see three expansions per year instead of four, along with some events. But doing it because another game came out is lame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info