[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

Newbie question here. Why do we build critical strike chance on the passive tree and get Controlled Destruction as Support?
"
ROGERMICHAEL wrote:
Newbie question here. Why do we build critical strike chance on the passive tree and get Controlled Destruction as Support?

Good question — we are adding a ton of crit but we also want a lot of damage. What we lose in crit is made up on the tree / gear, so it’s a way to get a bunch of damage on the spell. With my “mid game” gear I have a 16.5% crit chance and a 250% crit multiplier. We are still going to crit a bunch.
Hey there, love the build. I was wondering what gems you are using with crackling lance and if you have an updated experimental tree with crackling lance instead of storm brand. Thanks!
"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
ROGERMICHAEL wrote:

Good question — we are adding a ton of crit but we also want a lot of damage. What we lose in crit is made up on the tree / gear, so it’s a way to get a bunch of damage on the spell. With my “mid game” gear I have a 16.5% crit chance and a 250% crit multiplier. We are still going to crit a bunch.

Got it! Thanks bro.
Is there a good way to generate power charges other than power charge on critical? As we take up the +1 to power charges in the tree.

Currently I'm using this tree but I gave up on CL. Using arc instead for much faster clear.

But still running Orb of storm and storm brand for extra single target damage
Haven't played much through delirium, but do cluster jewels provide us any benefit?
"
xentaros wrote:
Haven't played much through delirium, but do cluster jewels provide us any benefit?

They do -- if you look at the "final gear" section in PoB you can see the cluster jewel used. Look for Snowstorm, Disorienting Display, and Overshock (or the best combination possible) in your large jewel. Eye to Eye, Aerodynamics, and Streamlined in Medium. These are focused on helping Spark. I haven't done the work to see what makes best sense for Crackling Lance.
"
Milkbread wrote:
Is there a good way to generate power charges other than power charge on critical? As we take up the +1 to power charges in the tree.

Currently I'm using this tree but I gave up on CL. Using arc instead for much faster clear.

But still running Orb of storm and storm brand for extra single target damage

Instability on the passive tree is right in our neighborhood and grants an additional +1 to power charges.
Which vaals to go with experimental and crackling Lance :D?
Hey, hows it going just wanted to see how you feel about CL. I was league starting a different build similar to this one but now I am strongly considering pivoting to a different skill maybe storm brand, spark, arc, etc.

Overall the skill does not feel great ATM granted I am still only in act 6 and am on a 4 link. I also wanted to go for intensity but it does not seem to work with spell echo or unleash for quick stack generation, not sure if this is a bug or intended. I want to like intensity but it seems too restrictive to be strong against bosses where you have to dodge attacks often. I am also wondering about Archmage's supports potential.

I also saw mbXtreme video who tried League starting as a CL Archmage Necro. I know this is a different class and ascendancy so it is not 100% representative. I don't want to get too locked into a build that performs poorly once reaching end game mapping and have to heavily respec. Just some thoughts I have played several leagues/build before but this is my first true caster build.
Last edited by sipress on Sep 22, 2020, 2:08:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info