Corona virus

"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
So any important people died yet? I know a whole bunch were diagnosed, never heard of any deaths though.

Just heard that John Travolta was diagnosed with Covid-19

oh no, sorry correction. He only has Saturday Night Fever.

So, he's Stayin' Alive. =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Is the virus supposed to be female? Now it all makes sense
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
we do need more coronavirus jokes though

Do we though?

I never found Cancer / AIDS / Ebola or similar 9/11 jokes very funny.

I'm with you about needing some levity, but maybe on the nose Coronavirus jokes are not the way to go for now.

Sorry dad
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
we do need more coronavirus jokes though

Do we though?

I never found Cancer / AIDS / Ebola or similar 9/11 jokes very funny.

I'm with you about needing some levity, but maybe on the nose Coronavirus jokes are not the way to go for now.

Sorry dad

Idk man it just seems young people dont take anything serious. Everything is a joke. Many thousands dead, and more people are dying, my parents are vulnerable, my brother is vulnerable.

Mother fuckers are on spring break, saying shit like COVID-19 is a "Boomer Remover".

Its infuriates me, and why it's out of fucking control to begin with.

Spoiler
I seriously pity the desperate fool that tries to break into my house, and finds the owner exercising their 2nd amendment rights
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 20, 2020, 3:44:02 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Idk man it just seems young people dont take anything serious. Everything is a joke. Many thousands dead, and more people are dying, my parents are vulnerable, my brother is vulnerable.

Mother fuckers are on spring break, saying shit like COVID-19 is a "Boomer Remover".

Its infuriates me, and why it's out of fucking control to begin with.

Spoiler
I seriously pity the desperate fool that tries to break into my house, and finds the owner exercising their 2nd amendment rights

There's a whole world of difference between a joke which is just a pun on a film title and laughing at people actually dying.
So I'm supposed to be back at work today, but instead I'm staying at home, because even though I obviously don't have the virus (my symptoms are wrong), it wouldn't be a good look for customers if I'm sneezing all over the place.
You can have the virus and no symptoms at all.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
I am an RN working in an ICU unit in so-cal. I can say for sure our beds at least for in one of the overflow unit is being taken up by covid-19 rule out cases. We have to ration our PPE supply so badly that I have to sign out my equipment to have everything accounted for. We don't have enough rooms to place patients in airborne isolation to filter out the virus/particulates. This puts healthcare workers, ancillary staff at greater risk of contracting the virus.

We even have placed in measures to restrict visitors from coming into the hospital unless it is in dire circumstance. So if your'e a healthy fella or feeling under the weather lately. Please stay at home for the meantime until this blows over. So we can take care some of the most vulnerable population. Play away exiles!

That's me :)
Last edited by Molochmane on Mar 20, 2020, 7:37:01 PM
Three days left on my home quarantine. But like a number of countries in Asia, Taiwan has had a lot of people returning from the US, Europe, and the Middle East with the virus in the past week.

There are still very few local cases though, and any traveler from anywhere that is allowed to enter Taiwan (only citizens/residents/special exemption travelers now) is being quarantined. So there's optimism that broad lockdowns will still be avoided.

It would really suck if my quarantine ends right before a national one starts though heh.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
Molochmane wrote:
I am an RN working in an ICU unit in so-cal. I can say for sure our beds at least for in one of the overflow unit is being taken up by covid-19 rule out cases. We have to ration our PPE supply so badly that I have to sign out my equipment to have everything accounted for. We don't have enough rooms to place patients in airborne isolation to filter out the virus/particulates. This puts healthcare workers, ancillary staff at greater risk of contracting the virus.

We even have placed in measures to restrict visitors from coming into the hospital unless it is in dire circumstance. So if your'e a healthy fella or feeling under the weather lately. Please stay at home for the meantime until this blows over. So we can take care some of the most vulnerable population. Play away exiles!

Thank you so much for your service. I mean that. You're a fucking hero. Thank you.

__

"
The_Impeacher wrote:
W, thank you to your friend Neal for his selfless act. What an amazing opportunity! Also, thank you for the excellent information.

He messaged me last night for a chat, saying he'll probably appear on Australian morning TV and was there anything I wanted him to bring up? Oh boy, did I ever cut loose. Poor guy probably regretted asking, but honestly we got stuck back at two issues: why are our schools still open, and why is our indoors gathering restriction still 100 people?

We Aussies pride ourselves on a great healthcare system, and we're completely flaunting it in the face of just how much forewarning we're ignoring. Not to belabour the point, but pretty much every world leader other than KJL is making our prime minister look like an incompetent moron, including those previously and perhaps currently designated globally as incompetent morons. That's really saying something. After the bushfires, though, no one has any confidence in our PM anymore. I reckon he's still around just because no one wants the job.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 20, 2020, 7:50:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info