Tempest Shield

I've been eyeballing that static blows cluster for a few levels now. I'll probably pick it up.

My tempest shield has just been paired with a simple iron will gem, because I cant give up any more mana than I already do for it, since I need the mana for arc totems.

The other thing I wanted to try using it for was IIR, IIQ, and culling, but it might not work as well as I'm imagining when so many things are dying to my molten shell.

It seems like it would be to my benefit to stop relying so much on my mana eating arc totem and instead buff up my tempest shield. Just watched the tempest shield build of the week video for the first time a few minutes ago.
IGN: Iolar
If you use a shield+tempest and MS to deal the damage, you could use a wand with powersiphon, and attach rarity or quantity and chain to it.
Allows you 4-10 culling strikes per second^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I feel the Necromantic Aegis and Tempest Shield text descriptions should be altered. I'm aware of and agree that they shouldn't wokr together, but their text descriptions seem to imply they would;

Necromantic Aegis:

"
All bonuses from an equipped Shield apply to your Minions instead of you

Tempest Shield:

"
Enchants your shield with the power of storms, which lashes out to deal lightning damage to attackers when you block their attacks

So essentially the tempest shield (per description) enchants the shield with the described properties, therefore should apply to minions. The text needs to be altered to avoid this confusion.
Since this spell takes a mana reserve, I am assuming you want it to act like an aura when switching between maps. My Tempest Shield will deactivate its self every time I enter a new zone, unlike like the aura wrath that stays on the entire time I am in a hostile zone.
A rather old topic; Tempest shield actively deals damage, thus it is a buff, not an aura.
Buffs have to be recast.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
There's also a technical reason for this; it flat-out stops working when transferred through area transitions.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 1, 2012, 8:45:42 PM
Yeah, and not only that, TS also deactivates everytime I upgrade certain other gems such as Wrath aura, or the skill itself. Can/will this be fixed?
That's pretty amazing given that not even wrath itself deactivates when you upgrade it, and has to be recast for the upgrade to take effect.
Still, it's a buff, not an aura, so that might be a problem.
Zaanus:

___
"
HAJIMEdj wrote:
Yeah, and not only that, TS also deactivates everytime I upgrade certain other gems such as Wrath aura, or the skill itself. Can/will this be fixed?

This is most likely due to you having those gems socketed on your shield. When you level up a gem, it does something to the item it is in that 'refreshes' it, this causes the game to think you have unequiped your shield for a moment, turning off Tempest Shield.

That is what I have found in any case.
Correct. When an item's properties change (socketed gems change/are leveled up, for example), the item is re-equipped. Socketed gems will thus also be unequipped for a split second, and any maintained gem effects will be cancelled, trap counters and cooldowns are reset, the likes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 12, 2012, 1:51:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info