Infernal Blow

Melee splash and multistrike,one of them or both really make this skill shine.
My Facebreaker is awesome using this setup.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Kiran04 wrote:
This skill is bad. Low damage, low explosion damage, small AOE, it does everything wrong. It has no place among the POE active skills. Easy fix, make Infernal Blow a support gem that links to a melee skill. Problem solved.

Troll?
Try to link it to melee splash, then decide, whether it's worthless or not.

Why bother when double strike is easily superior? Cast on Melee kill plus Corpse Explosion looks good on paper too, but in practice it's underwhelming. Infernal blow is no exception. It pales in comparison to other AoE skills or other single target skills linked to melee splash.
I'd like to see IB get a buff with group play. Currently the mechanics of it cripple it severely in group play.
Single player is fine but when in full group it simply doesn't scale.
I'd love to here from a dev on the whys it hasn't been changed or any plans to change it for party play.
Cleave also doesn't deal more damage in groups; why should IB?
"
Kiran04 wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Kiran04 wrote:
This skill is bad. Low damage, low explosion damage, small AOE, it does everything wrong. It has no place among the POE active skills. Easy fix, make Infernal Blow a support gem that links to a melee skill. Problem solved.

Troll?
Try to link it to melee splash, then decide, whether it's worthless or not.

Why bother when double strike is easily superior? Cast on Melee kill plus Corpse Explosion looks good on paper too, but in practice it's underwhelming. Infernal blow is no exception. It pales in comparison to other AoE skills or other single target skills linked to melee splash.

Double Strike is single-targeted skill, while Infernal Blow is AoE. Obviously, AoE skills do inferior damage to single targets, but superior damage to packs.
Infernal Blow with melee splash makes incredibly powerful AoE skill. When you kill an enemy with this combo, it explodes and deals enough damage to finish all other enemies you hit with melee splash. They all explode, too, dealing damage even outside normal melee splash radius. If there is a rare mob, surrounded by normal ones, you need only to kill one normal mob to wipe whole pack and deal heavy damage to rare mob (or even kill it). When you have quality Melee Splash, Infernal Blow and some increased AoE passives, as well as some increased fire damage, curses/fire penetration gem to bypass resists, and perhaps some chance to burn, this combo upgrades drastically, wiping half-screens of mobs with just one kill, all rares and even bosses caught within are easily wiped too.

Dont underestimate properly built Infernal Blow. Detonate Dead + Cast on kill is just a joke compared to it.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Kiran04 wrote:

Youre so silly. I use IB as my main attack and I solo 76maps easily with it. 21k dps 5.4k life max res. You have no rightto speak bad about this skill when you've never been high enough level to use it properly. No I'm not running avatar build.

Even at 76maps ib does enough to make huge packs of mob go boom boom.
I'm not sure what's going on but I'm missing almost half the hits even though I have RT. Compared to GS the skill is just bad, as it's very clunky to get near the mob, then swing, then watch him miss, then swing again, then try to click on another mob next to him just to realise he's not in range, so you make two steps and swing, and in the meanwhile the mob has moved and you are swinging in air...

Loved the skill at low lvl, hate it now that I'm lvl 60+.

Edit: using it with
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 13, 2013, 3:19:58 PM
I have a question about the Explosion on this skill. If we link it with Life Gain on Hit, will the explosion trigger it? Sorry if this has been answered before. I couldn't find it
Life Gain on Hit explicitly only applies to Attacks - the explosion is not Attack-Damage. No dice.
Best attack skill in the game imo. Blowing maps with it.
Only downside to me is the leech from physical attacks, which is reduced by 50% with this skill.
Otherwise, attack animation and sound are awesome :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info