Infernal Blow

I was actually hoping that the skill did that when I started using it. While I really wish it did work that way, my guess is that this would create way too much lag to safely implement.
I noticed that when using this on skeletons, they explode into guts. Is this going to be fixed so that the explosion matches the enemies killed?
This skill needs a cool designed attack animation like Glacial Hammer.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
I have mentioned this before, multiple times, but since I am very fond of the visuals of this skill, and a feel of it, I'll mention it again.

Reading through the comments, I can see that I am not the only one who thinks the skill is underpowered - I propose increasing the initial damage and leaving splash damage the same or even decreasing it in DPS (depends of testing results).

If the spell is going to be spammed, it needs adequate initial damage, and splash damage should be icing on the cake - something to tip you over in the battle.

Currently, you cannot spam it because the mana cost is too high for its (small) DPS, and splash damage, although currently a satisfactory, does not make it worthwhile, especially considering the fact that monsters do not come in a group od dozens, so there is really no cool way to abuse it.

And I guess that after a while of hitting them with initial damage, you pretty much did the job already, so the splash is kind of an overkill as it is.

You could also increase area of effect.

I hope you do something to the skill, because the way it is, is unplayable.

Thank you.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

I love the skill it's fun to watch.

I'd like to see a little higher splash damage (and/or AoE range) so it's more viable for AoE situations, I'd rather use this than the other AoE skills just because it's more fun.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Dec 23, 2011, 12:33:58 PM
"
Epicurwin wrote:
I noticed that when using this on skeletons, they explode into guts. Is this going to be fixed so that the explosion matches the enemies killed?

I have to agree here, the animation of the skeleton getting hit is great but the explosion seems abit off with the flesh from the skeleton.
"It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but the act of murder" - Albert Einstein.
It needs a buff if you ask me, that's for sure

Unavailable

Currently, it is severely outclassed by Flicker Strike in terms of single target damage.

It is even outclassed by Cleave in terms of both damage AND AoE.

Granted, the base mana cost is 2 lower than those other two gems, but it quickly skyrockets when combined with elemental boosting or other support gems. And to be honest, the 20% corpse explosion bonus tacked on feels like little more than a triviality in its current state, being considerably weaker than cleave spamming unless you're killing a blue or boss monster; then it becomes just short of 'ooo, nifty'.

It feels like this skill wants to be a finisher, but doesn't deal anywhere near amounts of finisher-level damage. Perhaps make it consume power charges to create a bigger/cause a chain reaction of explosions on a kill?

If the aim is to make it a spammy, elementalier version of cleave, then i feel it would be a better idea then to just make every hit affect nearby enemies instead of just the killing blow.

In its current state, it tries to be both at the same time and fails in either category. I think that adding a touch of rebalancing and creativity could give this skill the potential to go many awesome ways.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
First, let's not compare this to Flicker Strike, as Flicker is blatantly overpowered.

But yeah, after enjoying Lightning Strike, I want to enjoy this skill also. Therefore, just like Lightning, why not have this skill trigger on every attack? Obviously not %health-based, but based on the fire portion of the attack. I used this for phys reflect monsters... but with Lightning Strike available now? Don't think it'll make the cut.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info