Infernal Blow

Block triggers against Attacks, Spell Block against Spells.
IB's explosion is neither Attack nor Spell.
I was thinking of making an IB character on nemises, If i can get my fire resist to 79% will I still insta kill myself on reflect packs?
.15 *.21 = 0.0315 or 3.15% of foes' hp in damage to self due to damage reflect, per mob hit.
that however is only counting your own resistance, the foe can have fire resistance too.
edit: this is also not counting if damage modifier works on the explosion part, which i think it does but i don't remember nor can i tell...
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 5, 2013, 10:03:31 PM
I had a question about Infernal blow and life leech with vaal pact.

Let's say i hit (and kill) 100 full packed mob with elemental reflect with a infernal blow + lifeleech, and i have vaal pact.

What is happening?
1) Mob 1 is dealing to me the reflect, then i leech life, then mob 2 deals reflect, then i leech life, mob 3, etc.... = Each reflect is negated by the insta leech just after if the first reflect doesn't kill me?
2) Or Mob 1 deals reflect, mob 2 deals reflect, mob 3.... Mob 100 deals reflect, then i leech life from mob 1, from mob 2, etc = I insta die because i leech right after the full reflect?
"
Keyen wrote:
I had a question about Infernal blow and life leech with vaal pact.

Let's say i hit (and kill) 100 full packed mob with elemental reflect with a infernal blow + lifeleech, and i have vaal pact.

What is happening?
1) Mob 1 is dealing to me the reflect, then i leech life, then mob 2 deals reflect, then i leech life, mob 3, etc.... = Each reflect is negated by the insta leech just after if the first reflect doesn't kill me?
2) Or Mob 1 deals reflect, mob 2 deals reflect, mob 3.... Mob 100 deals reflect, then i leech life from mob 1, from mob 2, etc = I insta die because i leech right after the full reflect?

If you deal enough damage to oneshot all mobs with Melee Splash damage (You have it, right?), then second scenario works.
But usually, you kill just one mob with direct hit (or few others), causing explosions to occur and kill other enemies (which can explode too and kill even more enemies). In that case, first scenario apply. Note as well, that life leech is actually applied BEFORE reflect, and is wasted if you were at full life/ES. You still get all possible leech from single explosion before reflect occurs, but since there is some kind of chain reaction, you will recover life from subsequent explosions before taking reflect damage from them
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Fine, thanks. So Vaal pact is a solution, but far from perfect (i can still die often with that, right?)

Edit: And if i understand well:
Let's say i have a lvl 18 melee splash.
I have a mob pack, all with same hp and fire resist.
I hit a mob, i deal 100 damage on him. I deal 80 damage on other targets (100/0,83*0,67).
When i kill mob 1 (i dealt 100% of his life), i dealt for 80% life of the mobs around him. So, the 25% explosion kill them all. So, the reflect from every mobs apply AFTER i leeched, and so, i die?
Last edited by Keyen on Nov 7, 2013, 12:09:03 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
Fine, thanks. So Vaal pact is a solution, but far from perfect (i can still die often with that, right?)

I hit a mob, i deal 100 damage on him. I deal 80 damage on other targets (100/0,83*0,67).
When i kill mob 1 (i dealt 100% of his life), i dealt for 80% life of the mobs around him. So, the 25% explosion kill them all. So, the reflect from every mobs apply AFTER i leeched, and so, i die?
you already leeched from the primary hit, if that was a reflect, then you lost a bit of hp. the splash portion of hit would "bounce" your hp bar if your leech is high enough. then the explosion damage reflect would only damage you but wouldn't be for much unless there were still a lot of foes left over.

however the main hit and splash might happen at same "time". additionally didn't factor in the full res situation. if you delt EXACTLY all of foe's hp (this would be harder to do than waiting for kole/brutis/hiltok to hit a pure evasion block acro character), then you take .15 *.25 = .0375 times the damage you delt which is the unknown amount of hp the foe had. for the splash (i don't know what your number meant but i'll use it) it'll be you taking .03 times the number of foes hit (0.8 *previous). if you used the leech support gem, only then would you regain life at this point via the explosion damage. that would be .2 *.15 *.25 *.25 = 0.001875 (or 0.19% damage to self, very negligable), of which the .25 is done a second time due to foe's resistance which didn't need to be calculated in the first two moments. adding leech means the explosion both doesn't heal you for much but also means that even withOUT vaal pact, the reflect damage is negligible.
"
Keyen wrote:

Perfect solution is ruby flask + arctic armour. And if you oneshot yourself with just one hit while being res-capped, reconsider your HP/ES pool - it's just too low.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
So I have a question about the damage conversion from physical to fire in comparison to physical damage boost stats.
Let's say I have +10% physical damage passive and my damage is flat 100. The Infernal blow is 125 with some of it now being fire damage.
Because it's a damage conversion, does the passive first boost the damage then convert it into fire? Or does it get converted first and then the physical damage boost won't help it?
I know I worded it badly but pls try to understand
IGN: iAmForiel
"
arman276 wrote:
So I have a question about the damage conversion from physical to fire in comparison to physical damage boost stats.
Let's say I have +10% physical damage passive and my damage is flat 100. The Infernal blow is 125 with some of it now being fire damage.
Because it's a damage conversion, does the passive first boost the damage then convert it into fire? Or does it get converted first and then the physical damage boost won't help it?
I know I worded it badly but pls try to understand
order won't matter... but only for your situation of no fire or elemental increases.

100 *1.1 (the phys boost) *1.25 (the damage effectiveness) = 137.5 with 68.75 being fire and another 68.75 being physical.

if you had 20% inc fire damage, then the phys boost would after conversion because otherwise it wouldn't be correct to "do it anytime".

100 *1.25 = 125
125 *.5 (the convert) *(1 +.1 +.2) [sum of boosts] = 81.25 fire
62.5 (phys post conv) *1.1 = 68.75
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 15, 2013, 2:34:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info