Infernal Blow

I did some test yesterday with a crit based char to see which melee skill works best with a staff.Why does the 7% crit chance Infernal Blow has the same crit chance with the 5% crit chance
skills like Double strike,Lightning Strike etc ?
To crit or not to crit ?
Is it intended that increased elemental damage with weapons doesnt work with the 50% fire damage given to attacks from infernal blow ?
Last edited by JPK_ on Mar 11, 2014, 9:40:45 AM
"
Slagmaur wrote:
I did some test yesterday with a crit based char to see which melee skill works best with a staff.Why does the 7% crit chance Infernal Blow has the same crit chance with the 5% crit chance skills like Double strike,Lightning Strike etc ?

Double and Lightning Strike aren't "5% Crit Chance Skills". They don't have a Crit Chance at all.

Attack Damage uses your weapon's Crit Chance. That's why it's there. Infernal Blow doesn't deal exclusively Attack Damage though - the explosion has to have its own Crit Chance.
Any news on different explosion effects?

I still find it really odd that carpets and golden statues explode into bloody giblets.

A normal fire explosion with ash trays in the air would look pretty good on non-organic enemies.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Mar 13, 2014, 1:29:00 AM
"
Diablo1reborn wrote:

I still find it really odd that carpets and golden statues explode into bloody giblets.

A normal fire explosion with ash trays in the air would look pretty good on non-organic enemies.
they'll eventually add graphics for different sizes of corpse removal, but decoration edits happen constantly, coding edits have more focus for games typically. same silliness happens when something like a bear is frozen and shatters into a minute amount of shards or a zombie being summoned from a ghost or a tiny ribbon.
Is the explosion affect considered an attack or a spell? I've heard it can't get evaded, but I'm wondering if you could block or spellblock reflect...
It is neither Attack nor Spell Damage, typically referred to as 'secondary' damage. You cannot Evade, Dodge or Block it in any way. That's why its Reflect can be fairly deadly - it's harder to prevent than usual.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 17, 2014, 11:38:26 AM
if i use Life leech gem, will the Explosion work for leech ?
Ingame name: Jinxedtotem / FearTheMonkeys
The explosion Hits, so, yes.
"
Diablo1reborn wrote:

You hit them so hard they come to life, like Pinocchio, hence the gore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info