Brace Yourselves: Imbalance May Be Coming

"
jcostello1 wrote:
John_Nova I think he was just pointing out that you answered your own question. What's the fun, everyone will be the same? Man that bow is stupid, I can't imagine anyone winning a 1v1 against you. Obviously if the caliber of his gear is so incredibly high, and nobody is near it, how could he be expected to be beaten? Making everyone's gear closer in quality gives him competition, if it is the case that his bow makes him unbeatable.

i guess i wasnt being clear when i said "tier 2 crit chance and tier 2 hybrid, vendor trash. but seriously, that bow is stupid. how did you even craft that in HC? do you one shot ppl with that? i cant see anyone winning a 1v1 against you." first i made a joke, which wasnt made clear because mrenzyme left out the part when i said vendor it, then i asked a series of questions because i was curious on how that bow performs. i have nothing but admiration for that bow. obviously lordsidro put a lot of currency into making that bow and he deserves it. that thing is a beauty. i do not mind getting destroyed by it because he CRAFTED/farmed it. not from some bench ccrafting.

onto my "thats kind of ridiculous. everyone will be the same. wheres the fun in farming for LLD gear then?" I DONT want people to be able to bench a bow similar to his bow, even a tier 1.5 version of that bow from a crafting bench. like i said in my previous post, crafting tier 2 is fine because that will still let people compete and get there foot in the door to the lld scene.

Im not even sure what you're looking for anymore if you say that. Competitive farming? If getting destroyed because you didnt have top tier gear is how 99% of tournaments will end, then I don't think its so competitive in terms of skill level anymore.

Edit: deleted unnecessary comments
Last edited by AleronDescends on Aug 6, 2014, 6:14:12 AM
so good.

finally! progress
This is an rpg first and pvp second. If you want pvp with no item randomization then i'd recommend a fighting game like Smash or a moba like dota 2.

Farming should not be required, your all right. I think benches help with that. But for those who enjoy farming, they have nothing to look forward to if its easy to get T1.

The compromise here is to make benches give T2. I still stand by that argument because i think it is rational and does not in anyway mean that new LLDers wont be able to enter the scene. It WILL be easier to join LLD even with my suggested change.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Aug 6, 2014, 8:33:19 AM
GGG makes a step in the right direction with LLD PVP and MMORPG players complain lol.

Ever realized PVP is more about skill(skill balance issues remain) than gear?

And it's not like the majority of players can run 5-6 links with 20% gems anyway and given time investment might be too much for other players as well.

Beat'm have huge differences in control buttons and special moves and Mobas are Team PVPs.

And you still have High level PVP where you all will be able to use the same mirrored items....
[Removed by Support]
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Aug 6, 2014, 10:37:59 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
This is an rpg first and pvp second.

Not only is Hilbert right on the point of aRPGs having a distinct feeling that separates it from MOBAs, but I see no reason as to why the fact being an RPG and having a PvP option have problems that cause mutual exclusion of certain options. When was farming for low level items an integrated part of the game? Was it part of the design? I would think you would still need to do so, even with this change. Just far less. What separated D2 and D3 PvP was largely a separation of gear accessibility. And GGG found a way to implement that without fucking up higj level PvE or messing woth high level PvP. I personally was very impressed with the direction GGG took LLD in. Bench crafting literally blew me away, and I could not be happier with the change. If there was any plan for grinding, it was mostly for high level and reducing abuse of sustem, while maintaining focus on high levels. Low level items (as seen by the frequency of the unique spawn rate) was definitely more about accesibility.

Shit's hard enough with corruption and gem qualities anyways. And thank god for gemcutter's strongboxes.
Last edited by AleronDescends on Aug 6, 2014, 10:34:01 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I don't know who Hilbert is or what his history is, but discounting any argument point by calling him a QQer (without properly pointing out flaws in his position) seems like a big mistake to me.
Last edited by AleronDescends on Aug 6, 2014, 10:50:35 AM
Wow, that was quick.
Last edited by AleronDescends on Aug 6, 2014, 10:49:57 AM
I was wondering how long it would take hilbert to post :P

On topic though: I'm wondering more, what GGG's thoughts on the subject are. Are we gonna have to wait 2 weeks till release time to find out what they put in the game, or can they at least tell us (any /part of)their intentions or design philosophies regarding lld and craft benches before that?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info