Brace Yourselves: Imbalance May Be Coming

"
john_nova wrote:

this crafting bench benefits melee builds and bow builds imo. casters dont benefit much since casters need +1 corrupted mods. casters are already struggling against melee builds who have tier 2 gear atm.(speaking from personal experience since i play a caster) I dont think anyone has tier 1 gear yet in LLD and thankgod, i wouldnt even stand a chance against them. however with the bench crafting if tier 1.5 gear becomes available to everyone then that would be the end of casters. i guess what im trying to say is this bench crafting will benefit only melee and bow users.

Actually I have arguably some of the best caster gear on hc (some slots) and i'm really looking forward to/interested in bench crafting ES gear. Rounding out some of my high es items would be a huge boon. The main issue with casters is really an issue with elemental damage as a whole atm. Getting reduced so hard by res makes it tough to compete with phy dmg.

BTW
is this T1?

Just trying to let john_nova here know what's up
Last edited by Lordsidro on Aug 6, 2014, 12:24:57 AM
"
john_nova wrote:
I want to see these people with tier 1 gear. im online almost every other night. the queue is dead almost at all times and when i do get matches its against some non pvp build. there are many people in the arena but from what ive seen its mostly the UME guys. those guys are good but i dont think they have tier 1 gear. i would love to test out my caster VS these guys with tier 1 melee gear. i want to see how badly i would lose so i can complain more about how casters need a buff lol

I don't know whether you do high or low level pvp, so here's comments on both. For high level pvp, people absolutely have perfect, mirrored gear to the maximum degree possible. I don't do high level pvp but people that do will confirm this. A simple glance at the indexer and trade forums shows that the gear exists.

For low level pvp it's not quite at that state yet, people aren't using mirrors on things because the pve demand isn't there and far fewer people are crafting things in the first place. There are perfect/effectively perfect items, just a lot less of them.
@lordsidro
tier 2 crit chance and tier 2 hybrid, vendor trash. but seriously, that bow is stupid. how did you even craft that in HC? do you one shot ppl with that? i cant see anyone winning a 1v1 against you.

@mrenzyme
yes im talking about LLD. hmm maybe im not seeing them because of the time zone difference/play hours
"
john_nova wrote:
@lordsidro
tier 2 crit chance and tier 2 hybrid, vendor trash. but seriously, that bow is stupid. how did you even craft that in HC? do you one shot ppl with that? i cant see anyone winning a 1v1 against you.

@mrenzyme
yes im talking about LLD. hmm maybe im not seeing them because of the time zone difference/play hours

You could probably craft it for like 200 Alts and a handful of regals ;)
"
john_nova wrote:
@lordsidro

If this is where your qualms lay, then perhaps you'd look better into balancing some bow skills instead, because even with such perfect rolls, ice shot and burning arrow are still just about complete trash.

Unless you'd prefer arguing to create some legacy items in which case lol.
"
GreenDude wrote:

That's an untrue and unfair conclusion to make. You cannot just make such a statement. Again I gave you the real reason for not allowing T1: It will kill the fun for those who 1. Like trying to get perfect gear 2. who like to farm for that lucky drop. No hidden agenda.

Killing the fun for who again? The PvPers or the grinders? If you like grinding, then grind for something else. Don't force it upon people who just want to compete.
"
If this is where your qualms lay, then perhaps you'd look better into balancing some bow skills instead, because even with such perfect rolls, ice shot and burning arrow are still just about complete trash.

ice shot and burning arrow do need some boost in dmg yes. i would also argue that puncture and puncture traps need a nerf.

"
Unless you'd prefer arguing to create some legacy items in which case lol.

what? where did that even come from? when did i argue about creating legacy? i dont get the reference.

"
Killing the fun for who again? The PvPers or the grinders? If you like grinding, then grind for something else. Don't force it upon people who just want to compete.

stop being toxic ;)
"
john_nova wrote:
but seriously, that bow is stupid. how did you even craft that in HC? do you one shot ppl with that? i cant see anyone winning a 1v1 against you.

"
john_nova wrote:
thats kind of ridiculous. everyone will be the same. wheres the fun in farming for LLD gear then?

"
john_nova wrote:
but seriously, that bow is stupid. how did you even craft that in HC? do you one shot ppl with that? i cant see anyone winning a 1v1 against you.

"
MrEnzyme wrote:
"
john_nova wrote:

"
john_nova wrote:
thats kind of ridiculous. everyone will be the same. wheres the fun in farming for LLD gear then?

"
john_nova wrote:

whats your point? was that supposed to be an insult?
it took a while for the shit talking to start in a pvp thread. only 7 pages. i dont get how you cant keep this discussion civil.
John_Nova I think he was just pointing out that you answered your own question. What's the fun, everyone will be the same? Man that bow is stupid, I can't imagine anyone winning a 1v1 against you. Obviously if the caliber of his gear is so incredibly high, and nobody is near it, how could he be expected to be beaten? Making everyone's gear closer in quality gives him competition, if it is the case that his bow makes him unbeatable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info