RF

"
iamstryker wrote:
Question:

I'm just reading curiously about this topic, I've never done this build and I don't even pvp anymore. Anyways one post recently said an RF guy had 11k health? Does that mean that everyone doing this build is using a legacy Kaoms? Or is it viable without that chest?

it's viable with the new kaom's too, or even without that. ull have less life ( a lot less), but still be able to do insane dmg. with legacy kaom's life is even more strong.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
rf is so fucking op it hurts,

i also startet a rf mara with 7k hp max block (i know low but i dont have old kaoms)

the really only thing what kan kill me is a ranger with puncture and puncture totem

thats all...

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
"
iamstryker wrote:
Question:

I'm just reading curiously about this topic, I've never done this build and I don't even pvp anymore. Anyways one post recently said an RF guy had 11k health? Does that mean that everyone doing this build is using a legacy Kaoms? Or is it viable without that chest?

Are you just trying to re-back your argument pre 1.00 about legacy items breaking the game? This build can be done with new Kaoms/Shavs just slightly weaker, even then its still ridiculously broken. Plus Es based RF builds are slightly superior to Hp based aswell, alot more potential off the tree taking advantage of low life mechanics.

Only way to deal with RF is to understand how it works. Its a sustained degen state that you have to either A. out tank out dps to kill or B. tax their sustained regen vs degen with puncture/vulnerability and win that way by breaking that balance. Also going in blindly without proper gear/flasks you wont last long getting flickered on every 2sec. Take it from people that have better then average gear/stats that still drop to this shit even when it was slightly weaker. I personally haven't even dueled a RF since the dot patch, I can only imagine how stupid it really is now with growth and decay etc..etc.. before I could use half a Ruby flask and out tank/dps Haunts. Really don't think I could now, it was very close even then. I have some other ideas I just haven't gotten around to testing yet. But bottomline is why the hell is this one build requiring people to change their entire character around just to deal with it? Thats the definition of imbalance and I think theres enough proof floating around to prove it.

Btw..legacy items didn't break the game. If we didn't have them the balance of pvp would be even more fucked up then it already is. The economy isn't even destroyed solely due to legacy items either.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 26, 2013, 3:55:33 PM
It was just a question.
Standard Forever
"
trashs1 wrote:
rf is so fucking op it hurts,

i also startet a rf mara with 7k hp max block (i know low but i dont have old kaoms)

the really only thing what kan kill me is a ranger with puncture and puncture totem

thats all...

That's exactly the tactic i used when i challenged one of these the first time. But it works 1-2 times. Then i managed to win only because of my mov speed and damage. I could reach him before he could even cast auras. He wa probably a crappy RF with low block and armor, i was lucky for sure
there is just one point, why RF is Broken.
Even with over over overstacked fireress 300+, 90+max, it will kill you within 2 seconds.

and that is definitely not, how pvp should go.

there is a complet Counter to every build in pvp. Not for RF, even if you have Mirrors in every Slot. (See Google)

either put more damage per second, when you run RF on, or take the precastThing out of the game.

Thats all

Last edited by GuestVI on Dec 27, 2013, 11:25:01 AM
"
Even with over over overstacked fireress 300+, 90+max, it will kill you within 2 seconds.

there is a complet Counter to every build in pvp. Not for RF, even if you have Mirrors in every Slot. (See Google)

either put more damage per second, when you run RF on, or take the precastThing out of the game.

Thats all

If RF did any more damage to the caster then it already does, it'd likely not be very viable. I agree it was just too much to add dot nodes and correct RF the way they did. The precast thing would completely bring this skill back down to a controllable level for someone with the know how to properly gear for it. You're talking 200% extra damage just by weapon swapping. Let me weapon swap to cast Battle Orders and shit so I can get over 100% more hp like Diablo2 then we can be on the same level.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"

Thats all

If RF did any more damage to the caster then it already does, it'd likely not be very viable. I agree it was just too much to add dot nodes and correct RF the way they did. The precast thing would completely bring this skill back down to a controllable level for someone with the know how to properly gear for it. You're talking 200% extra damage just by weapon swapping. Let me weapon swap to cast Battle Orders and shit so I can get over 100% more hp like Diablo2 then we can be on the same level.

i dont know... ppl here do 40-80k dmg with rf, so i think that even without the 200% of redbeak it will still hurt too much, even with 300 fire res and 90% or more max.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
red beak does not increase RF's damage as far as I am aware. It might increase the burning damage but I am not sure because RF is absolute damage based off your life and ES I believe. Spell damage and increase damage dont affect it however the burns caused by RF can be increased by increased burning damage. Its weird because RF says its burning damage but you can dispell the burn it causes and still take the absolute damage from the initial "Burning" affect based of life and ES damage.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Dec 27, 2013, 5:04:10 PM
As i'm playing righteous fire myself i dont know where you guys saw someone having 80k righteous fire damage which sounds pretty impossible to me right now. I'm currently doing 50k righteous fire damage if my calculation is correct and i pretty much decimate anyone that is not using a fire flask in 1 to 2 seconds max. I have 11k energy shield and 1.5k life at the moment and every node/items required for rf and i even use double redbeaks. If i had 80k rf damage i would just 1 shot people to be honest you wouldn't even see your HP pool going down like instantly dead. I dont know where you guys got that 80k DPS info but that's clearly not possible right now as i see it at the moment, i have every thing possible in this game to increase RF's dps and 80k would require me having over 15k+ es pool low life which is pretty impossible, i already have close to 12k and my gear is top notch as well as the tree.

As for righteous fire having no counters well that's pretty much giving up on trying to counter it if you ask me, if i was in you guys situation and i know some of you guys are wealthy enough to create whatever you want in this game. I already have a counter in my head to RF for a sure win everytime, i'm not going to share it of course because i play RF at the moment lol. But it can still be countered but to be honest i agree that having to especially build to counter only 1 type of build is just too much, it shouldnt be like that because building for another build is not what people want and they want to be balanced. Maybe RF needs toning yeah but i strongly disagree to make it unviable and completely destroying it in PvP, they need to balance it but it should remain strong if you know what you're doing with it like any other type of build as the possibility to dominate when you play it properly. I really dont know what should be done to it to be honest i'm still thinking about it everyday and i'm still quite confused on what i think they should balanced out about righteous fire, giving more ways to counter it would be a start for sure.

Hauntworld
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 27, 2013, 5:45:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info