RF

"
Varanice wrote:
Its not a bug, its how RF is working since the latest DoT patch

How is it that people with high 90's fire res are killed within 2 seconds then? It doesn't make sense.

10k hp killed within 2 seconds at say 98% fire res?

That's what... 250k dps? That's impossible with rf.
IGN: _Firebitch
you know whats also impossible? having 98% fire res up all time.

with 87% fire res (max i can reach with ruby, I can't use a shield) i die within 2 seconds. with 10k life.
Last edited by Xantaria on Dec 25, 2013, 1:25:17 PM
"
Xantaria wrote:
you know whats also impossible? having 98% fire res up all time.

with 87% fire res (max i can reach with ruby, I can't use a shield) i die within 2 seconds. with 10k life.

Ya, just saying. From reports I've heard, and correct me if I'm wrong guys but I heard Googlefromdiablo and Aimlessgun were still dying rather quickly at 98% fire res while rubies were popped?

That just sounds fucked up and bugged. Maybe I heard wrong or got misinformation.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Dec 25, 2013, 2:17:08 PM
google is the RMT guy who mirrored almost all his gear right? hmm if even he dies that fast, maybe it is broken? ... just ... maybe?
im not sure if this is what they are doing, but i saw a post on reddit linking to an RF build and his main strategy for making RF very powerful was he would cast RF while he had 2 redbeaks on, then switch to his real weapon set afterwards. to me this sounds like a bug and it should be fixed immediately.....
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
just charge them before they cast all the auras
ign: farmfarm_
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
im not sure if this is what they are doing, but i saw a post on reddit linking to an RF build and his main strategy for making RF very powerful was he would cast RF while he had 2 redbeaks on, then switch to his real weapon set afterwards. to me this sounds like a bug and it should be fixed immediately.....

Thats what they do, if its not redbeaks they will searing touch offhand. It shouldn't work that way, thats like casting auras offhand and having them stay active on main. Rf is still ridiculously strong though for what it is, you have to know you're going up against it to prepare via flasks/shields/gems/etc.. even then its still not like you countered it or anything.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 25, 2013, 6:13:22 PM
Damage modifiers:

Righteous Fire sets its damage at its time of casting, as do all spells. If you swap, the effective damage per second will remain unchanged, since that value was set.

Which means righteous fire imprints multipliers from the items you use the time you cast it which is why redbeak or searing touch is working with it. Same thing applies to the burning nodes that you take from the tree or anything else you're equiping and any gems you have linked to righteous fire the moment you cast it. No it's not a bug and they wont remove it because it's how righteous fire works, if they remove the imprint effect from it that means every damage modifier wont have any effect and burning nodes and support gems and any item you use will be completely useless. To add up it's even how it works with the current ES that you have, if you cast RF with 8k ES and switch back to a higher ES item boosting you up to 10k es it will not have any effect since righteous fire imprinted the damage from the 8 thousand energy shield.

Damage depending on resists:

The calculation is very easy to do and here it is.

my current rf DPS is close to 50k so it should look like this

Total DPS * (1 - Resistances) = real total DPS

50000 * ( 1 - 90% Fire resists ) = 5000 burn damage per second.
50000 * ( 1 - 99% Fire resists ) = 500 burn damage per second.

Hauntworld
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 25, 2013, 9:00:51 PM
You can defend your loved RF as long as you want, but Im sure GGG will notice this is totaly unbalanced and change it for PVP. Doing nothing other then cast a aura to deal 5000 or much more damage per second that can not be countered in any way is the greatest crap I have ever seen in this game. This skill should even not exist cause it dont make sense in a hack n slay game. But we will see what happens ... till then, if I see RF user in PVP, I quit, easy as that.
"
MrDigital wrote:
You can defend your loved RF as long as you want, but Im sure GGG will notice this is totaly unbalanced and change it for PVP. Doing nothing other then cast a aura to deal 5000 or much more damage per second that can not be countered in any way is the greatest crap I have ever seen in this game. This skill should even not exist cause it dont make sense in a hack n slay game. But we will see what happens ... till then, if I see RF user in PVP, I quit, easy as that.

Cool bro, we're far from having a balanced PVP atm. I dont really give a shit if they nerf righteous fire, with the current setup i have i'm sure it will still do enough damage for me to kill people with it or i'm just going to create something else i really dont care whatever they do to it.

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 25, 2013, 9:25:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info