I've changed my mind on XP Penalty

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
You know the best part? The penalty is still there in poe 2 but even more severe which is amazing.

+ You die the boss respawns completely
+ You die in any where else ALL mobs respawn
+ You can't TP out of a boss literally that's gone.

You will die a lot in that game and it's going to be glorious.

Instead of listening to the complainers you know what they did? THEY AMPLIFIED IT dam right.

Play better a char.
Play better in general.

That's what they want you to do.

They made a POE 2, where they could make the game slower and more punishing exactly cause their actual playerbase has showcased in POE just how much they do not like it. POE 2 is most likely going to be a good once experience and thats it, it is most likely going to be a massive failure in comparison to what POE is and be more a kin to what diablo had become, a play once and forget mess.
"
jeppejack wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
You know the best part? The penalty is still there in poe 2 but even more severe which is amazing.

Instead of listening to the complainers you know what they did? THEY AMPLIFIED IT dam right.

Play better a char.
Play better in general.

They made a POE 2, where they could make the game slower and more punishing exactly cause their actual playerbase has showcased in POE just how much they do not like it. POE 2 is most likely going to be a good once experience and thats it, it is most likely going to be a massive failure in comparison to what POE is and be more a kin to what diablo had become, a play once and forget mess.

This post will age like avocadoes.
Nah, POE2 will do great because POE1 playerbase is super ultra deluxe masochist central. The more punishment that players experience here the more they enjoy it.

Die inexpicably? give me more
Crash my game? give me more
Nerf my drops? nerf them more

POE2 just dials up the pain in each area more, including no rewards. We wouldn't want to reward you to overcome challenges in an ARPG right? No, your reward is pain, pain, and more pain.

You guys will love it, and I hope you have year 2050 quality computer hardware to play it above 5 fps.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Play better a char.
Play better in general.

Heh, even if PoE2 will play at tortoise speeds, it will be a glorious failure business-wise, if players won't see a clear reason to their deaths every time they lose progression.

Poe1 doesn't even have floating damage numbers, much less the death log. We'll see if the Vision will triumph over common sense in poe2.
"
Echothesis wrote:
Heh, even if PoE2 will play at tortoise speeds, it will be a glorious failure business-wise, if players won't see a clear reason to their deaths every time they lose progression.

Poe1 doesn't even have floating damage numbers, much less the death log. We'll see if the Vision will triumph over common sense in poe2.

Gotta bookmark this comment. This will age like milk. :D
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
yeah it isn't the fact that the game is punishing on death itself, it is that there are multiple layers to the punishment all hitting at once.

XP Penalty is one of those 2001 tropes whose day has come and gone. There are aspects of this game I love, there are aspects of this game stuck in a bygone era that have long since learned their lesson and this game has doubled down on the lack of learning.
<3

- Qarni
Literally no reason for this penalty to exist in the game, I'm at 553 deaths and just stay at 0% exp at lvl99 lol, if I could just passively get exp without losing it I would probably be halfway into the level at least. But hey if "the vision" is for me to pay some divines to a legion 5way carry using a headhunter KB wander and aurabot then I'll gladly give my currency to those people.

Or bring back the exp scarab from last league, because at least it made it so 5ways weren't the fastest or only easy way to level up lol

I could also do 50 sanctum runs, but I'd literally fall asleep and its also a waste because I don't get any gold from it which means my town won't be getting more time to function/better workers.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Play better a char.
Play better in general.

Yup pretty much this.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Remember, it is only a game
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Play better a char.
Play better in general.

That all sounds great to me. The XP penalty in particular will probably have the same perverse incentive though - I'll spend the back 66% of my XP bar doing 'safe' content, rather than trying to harder bosses, or pushing the juicier maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info