Baseline map running: Awful.

Loot drops are as bad now as they were in 3.2.4 (last patch) and there were plenty of complaints that were clearly ignored by the devs, or said scarcity is intended unless you play 26 hours a day or "make clever use of mechanics".

I'm talking about standard (not juiced wisp league) affliction patch comparison to standard necropolis patch comparison to standard SOK (now) patch comparison.

My personal non-fun highlight from last patch was opening the same T16 rare strongbox 5 times in a row with all strongbox atlas nodes and not a single item appeared on the ground for my semi-strict loot filter setting, like not even a consolation price of jeweler/chromatic orbs. It sure gives a clear message of "this game isn't for you buddy."
Last edited by mnieradko on Aug 1, 2024, 8:01:09 PM
Completely agree. I was excited for this league, but reality has set in.
I agree with the "I don't really know why I'm still playing this league" post. Just look at the trade sight. Everything is either many many divines more expensive now or complete garbage for 10 chaos, which you may not even have yet because drops suck.
"
Relationship wrote:
I dont remember the last time the baseline mapping experience felt so bad/barren. Not comparing it to fully min maxed t17s either. Been running maps in SSF and it feels awful. Feels like 3+ years ago. I don't get it.

I finished TOTA league campaign with 50+chaos, this league I barely got 10c from campaign. I dont even want to continue if the next loot bomb is at t17 lol.
Last edited by FransCap on Aug 1, 2024, 11:45:25 PM
"
Kunibertos wrote:
I can understand the reason why Quant gear was removed,

But the loot is not even remotely “good” or balanced

The reason it was removed was precisely because the base experience was so horrible without MF. I raised this concern many times while testing out drops without the league mechanics like Affliction by ignoring it. They have constantly nerfed base drop rates and alters to try to reign in MF and group play. Since Sentinel league.

Hopefully, they revert those nerfs now and we can all have fun on w/e build. Instead of being forced into MF for solo play or into a group for anything else with an MF culler.
Last edited by Moregaze on Aug 2, 2024, 3:08:30 AM
duplicate and cant figure out how to delete.
Last edited by Moregaze on Aug 2, 2024, 3:08:52 AM
Just jumped back after affliction, played necro, but not much. The ship is junk, 1/2 shipment robbed so I get 1/2 as many bad uniques, yellow gear and glassblower baubles? 1/2 as much garbage arbitrarily? The ship brought back the equivalent of a less than a mid tier map run. Currency exchange was a nice idea, the rest of it is window dressing over a bad league. Affliction was probably op, but cutting it as much as they did was a pretty horrible adjustment. Not impressed at all.
The base game drops need to be increased. Base game drops absolutely nothing and I don't think its good for the game when majority of raw currency necessary for crafting comes from few select league mechanics like expedition and sanctum. Sanctum is especially outrageous in this regard as it plays like entirely different game.
"
Bosscannon wrote:
The base game drops need to be increased. Base game drops absolutely nothing and I don't think its good for the game when majority of raw currency necessary for crafting comes from few select league mechanics like expedition and sanctum. Sanctum is especially outrageous in this regard as it plays like entirely different game.

I hated sanctum. I even made a totem heiro in affliction just to try it out, since I could actually afford to try things out in affliction. I beat a couple runs and then ditched it.
Base game not rewarding? you must be kidding me.

And this is just base drop from the ground, not counting Tujen, ships or other stuff. What are you doing if you can't find anything? It is literally absurd amount of loot.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info