GGG what's the point of having any stats in the game if they don't do anything?

From what I can see you have just fine elemental mitigation. Even phys max hit isnt terrible or anything. Should really cap your chaos res.

Its just the EHP category where things like block/spell block and armour that is lacking defensively for some 1 shot possibility.

You arent scaling any of these things so you end up on the bit more squishy side. Evasion is ... sort of being scaled I guess if I throw on perma eva flask you are at 21k. But then you have all these pieces of gear with 0 evasion on them. Shapers + grace + your flask and only ending up with ... 6.5k effective health out of it.

Honestly I would drop the jade flask and pick up a granite and drop grace and go with determ. I dont know if there is some interplay with evasion that is necessary here for your build, but it has less tank than Determ+Granite by legit just swapping them. I did this in your current POB and it brought up your effective health, could be even more if you scale with base types, again not sure what pieces of armor are needed.

I would also try to get a tanky AF chest piece and ditch the ivory tower, ditch the prism .. get an aegis maybe build up some block somehow, re annoit out of that silly one you have now and get charisma, as well as take the mana reservation efficiency nodes up top left rather than increased aura effect (or all depending on trait tree pressure) as well as the mana mastery node for reservation efficiency.

This is all to say if you are following a build guide than just stick to that if this build, which I hope, is unfinished. Stats do matter, you just have to have them. Which your current build does not outside of elemental damage resistance.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways. Probably shouldn't abuse it though, could get you in trouble 😊.
"
"
FutureFear wrote:
"
Your build is a leaf and you wonder why it gets blown around in the wind? LMAO

And how does telling me this help improve my build?

The fact that it's still a leaf with those stats is what's wrong lolz.

Recovery is the number one defensive layer, especially when you have very little mitigation like in this setup. Take any leech wheel and then take the instant leech mastery and watch yourself die 5% as much as you used too.

I have the instant leech mastery, one of the first things I did on this build. :)
I'm done for the league. Got a lightning arrow ranger into maps and rerolled my own arc/crackling lance crit and while it was fun for the campaign (which is usually the worse part of the game for me) once I got to maps the enjoyment just dropped the fuck off.

See you all next league if its any good. Peace.
"
Chickenwink wrote:
From what I can see you have just fine elemental mitigation. Even phys max hit isnt terrible or anything. Should really cap your chaos res.

Its just the EHP category where things like block/spell block and armour that is lacking defensively for some 1 shot possibility.

You arent scaling any of these things so you end up on the bit more squishy side. Evasion is ... sort of being scaled I guess if I throw on perma eva flask you are at 21k. But then you have all these pieces of gear with 0 evasion on them. Shapers + grace + your flask and only ending up with ... 6.5k effective health out of it.

Honestly I would drop the jade flask and pick up a granite and drop grace and go with determ. I dont know if there is some interplay with evasion that is necessary here for your build, but it has less tank than Determ+Granite by legit just swapping them. I did this in your current POB and it brought up your effective health, could be even more if you scale with base types, again not sure what pieces of armor are needed.

I would also try to get a tanky AF chest piece and ditch the ivory tower, ditch the prism .. get an aegis maybe build up some block somehow, re annoit out of that silly one you have now and get charisma, as well as take the mana reservation efficiency nodes up top left rather than increased aura effect (or all depending on trait tree pressure) as well as the mana mastery node for reservation efficiency.

This is all to say if you are following a build guide than just stick to that if this build, which I hope, is unfinished. Stats do matter, you just have to have them. Which your current build does not outside of elemental damage resistance.

Funny when people try to fix a build they don't understand.

First of evasion:
Yes I don't have any pieces with evasion -> only my boots could potentially be an evasion base, the rest of my items are UNIQUE and required lolz.

-> Why grace over determination?
Look at shaper's touch gloves... what do you see...
-> 2% increased evasion per 10 intelligence
What is this build stacking... oh right intelligence.
That's why I'm using grace + a jade flask to get flat evasion that is scaled with the % from gloves.
Sure I could switch up my boots, but that's kind not easy to roll STR and INT on those boots... (just try)
Swapping to determination + granite flask would give me 10K armor, which to my understanding is basically nothing when it comes to armor and phys. mitigation.

The ivory tower, gives me quite some ES since almost all my life is reserved and helps with chaos damage mitigation. Prism guard helps with that actually thanks to life costs instead of mana and % reduced life reservation so I can take eternal blessing and get a free aura basically. Since nothing is reserved on my mana. For now that aura is purity of elements for ailment immunity and help cap some resistances, which eventually will be replaced with zealotry according to the build guild... although haste or determination could help too. Still the ailment immunity is nice.

Why no mana reservation... well look at indigon I NEED my mana to deal well 2000% increased spell damage... and to be able to cast my shock nova.
This makes any extra mana reservation node or mastery just useless for this build. I do take sovereignty for the life reservation mastery though with the extra aura effect nodes.

I did not make this build, I'm just following someone's POB and I'm well aware it needs a lot more investment still...
Not sure about anyone here but I haven't had the luck to get 7 mirrors in the first week of the league so...

"
FutureFear wrote:
"
Chickenwink wrote:

First of evasion:
Yes I don't have any pieces with evasion -> only my boots could potentially be an evasion base, the rest of my items are UNIQUE and required lolz.

That's why I'm using grace + a jade flask to get flat evasion that is scaled with the % from gloves.
Sure I could switch up my boots, but that's kind not easy to roll STR and INT on those boots... (just try)
Swapping to determination + granite flask would give me 10K armor, which to my understanding is basically nothing when it comes to armor and phys. mitigation.

The ivory tower, gives me quite some ES since almost all my life is reserved and helps with chaos damage mitigation. Prism guard helps with that actually thanks to life costs instead of mana and % reduced life reservation so I can take eternal blessing and get a free aura basically. Since nothing is reserved on my mana. For now that aura is purity of elements for ailment immunity and help cap some resistances, which eventually will be replaced with zealotry according to the build guild... although haste or determination could help too. Still the ailment immunity is nice.

Why no mana reservation... well look at indigon I NEED my mana to deal well 2000% increased spell damage... and to be able to cast my shock nova.
This makes any extra mana reservation node or mastery just useless for this build. I do take sovereignty for the life reservation mastery though with the extra aura effect nodes.

I did not make this build, I'm just following someone's POB and I'm well aware it needs a lot more investment still...
Not sure about anyone here but I haven't had the luck to get 7 mirrors in the first week of the league so...

Funny when people take advice as combative comments. I dunno I even said for the most part ele and phys is fine its just the EHP category thats a bit squishy. I dont know how more clear anyone can be there. Sorry you felt offended? I guess?

On the evasion note I am aware of what your gloves did I even highlighted that when I was speaking about it. And even wondered how "required" all these uniques are.

What doesnt make sense is why you HAVE to go for evasion. I literally swap out grace and jade with determ and granite and you gain overall in every category. Maybe at SOME POINT that may not be true with better gear, but for RIGHT NOW that is not the case.

Spoiler

With jade and grace

With granite and determination

Flask used

I mean its completely night and day.

The uniques with ivory tower and prism and all your mana reservation. I was giving suggestions because I DONT KNOW how required those uniques are for your build. At a quick glance I want to lean on them not being required at all(per my comment on reservation nodes, annoint, and other option for ES recovery from block Aegis.

Again this is not to hate on your build or anything but there is an extremely quick fix to your overall tankiness just by swapping out an aura and flask. The rest is a bit more advanced and can take some playing around with. I get you are following a build guide or someone elses build. Maybe those uniques(prism, and ivory tower) are required, I just see options on the tree though that make up for what they give you. In exchange for more stat freedom and tankiness.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways. Probably shouldn't abuse it though, could get you in trouble 😊.
Spoiler
"
Chickenwink wrote:
"
FutureFear wrote:
"
Chickenwink wrote:

First of evasion:

"
Chickenwink wrote:

Funny when people take advice as combative comments. I dunno I even said for the most part ele and phys is fine its just the EHP category thats a bit squishy. I dont know how more clear anyone can be there. Sorry you felt offended? I guess?

On the evasion note I am aware of what your gloves did I even highlighted that when I was speaking about it. And even wondered how "required" all these uniques are.

What doesnt make sense is why you HAVE to go for evasion. I literally swap out grace and jade with determ and granite and you gain overall in every category. Maybe at SOME POINT that may not be true with better gear, but for RIGHT NOW that is not the case.

Spoiler

With jade and grace

With granite and determination

Flask used

I mean its completely night and day.

The uniques with ivory tower and prism and all your mana reservation. I was giving suggestions because I DONT KNOW how required those uniques are for your build. At a quick glance I want to lean on them not being required at all(per my comment on reservation nodes, annoint, and other option for ES recovery from block Aegis.

Again this is not to hate on your build or anything but there is an extremely quick fix to your overall tankiness just by swapping out an aura and flask. The rest is a bit more advanced and can take some playing around with. I get you are following a build guide or someone elses build. Maybe those uniques(prism, and ivory tower) are required, I just see options on the tree though that make up for what they give you. In exchange for more stat freedom and tankiness.

Well my friend, I guess you caught me at a bad time where apparently telling GGG their defensive system sucks for POE, seems to be my build's fault. Where it gets bashed... XD
I did not post here to get advice for my build; it's that simple.

Sure any build's defenses can be fixed with enough investment. I'm not here to discuss how or what to invest to next for my build.

With the numbers and current layers this build has I simply would expect it to be better than it is. Even regardless of my current build the fact the game requires you to have so many different defensive layers to mitigate all types of damage to be able to survive even only in white or yellow tier maps... is insane... (my opinion).
It's getting to complex and in same cases impossible for the majority of the player base to actually get all those layers covered... with only 123 skill points IF you get lvl 100 to spend it's no easy feat... most players barely reach 97 that's only 120 points now.

That said on your build advice:
In this game nothing is mandatory I could reroll the entire build if I wanted... For me though, playing a game is about having fun. Constantly dying to stupid one shot mechanics isn't fun to me...

Sure switching auras could give me some more phys mitigation... but the flask you showed doesn't have bleed immunity... so I would still die to.. well physical damage over time... because armor doesn't mitigate it.
Rolling bleed immune though it would lose the 50% amour so the stats you display would be quite different without that.

On that note evasion though also helps to reduce stun until my awakened cast while channeling is lvl 5. Cycloning and getting stunned often result in death... stun is annoying.
I could also add 60% evasion instead of bleed immunity.. like your flask... perhaps even add an enchant for increased effects, same for prefix... increasing my evasion to 37K
Still I'll lose the bleed immunity which I have to cover somewhere else...
I could use another flask... but I lose movement speed or poison immunity...

As for all the unique items for my current build... well check any other mana stat stacking build with indigon as their powerhouse... ALL of them use these:
- Ivory tower
- Shaper's touch
- prism guard
- Indigon (obviously)

The only thing not mandatory is mjölner and could be swapped to a rare wep... probably sceptre or wand depending on the main skill.
However for the lighting conduit of heaven build, mjölner is best in slot.

Eventually this builds specs into mageblood... so it would change my flask setup anyway if/when I get one eventually.
Last edited by FutureFear on Apr 8, 2024, 5:40:42 PM
"
FutureFear wrote:
Well my friend, I guess you caught me at a bad time where apparently telling GGG their defensive system sucks for POE, seems to be my build's fault.

These complaints come with context though. Your experience.

Yes stuff is more rippy than ever. But not adapting to it is just adding to the problem. GGG has made it a pattern of increasing difficulty in this game, (remember the old -60% chaos res days?), so you gotta change with the times.

"
FutureFear wrote:

I simply would expect it to be better than it is.

Well you need to start changing your assumptions then. Its good but missing that extra kick in EHP.

And its not like builds like this DONT work. There are plenty of builds that are absolute squish factories. Deep delve (several thousand) is still done by people that understand how all the mobs attack and run PURE offense and 0 defense, relying on positioning properly to avoid all attacks. This is more advanced play though, these people probably dont "follow build guides" if you get what I mean.

"
FutureFear wrote:

but the flask you showed doesn't have bleed immunity

I am .... very much struggling to continue reading the rest of your post. Bleed immunity can be obtained in so many different areas.... just your mana flask alone is good enough, you dont need remove curse in this game....

Similarly if you would just cap your chaos res you dont need remove PSN....

And if you are such a stickler for HAVING remove curse or poison on your flasks... than just get a jewel with the implicit for corrupted blood on it. You are playing trade, its not hard to get.

Very sorry but something has to give, Good luck!

I guess that mean we don't have enough defense layer and those we have are too good.

-GGG probably
Why am I still here
Last edited by Warvald on Apr 8, 2024, 6:13:29 PM
"
I guess that mean we don't have enough defense layer

The longer I spend in endgame with a variety of builds, and the more I watch guides and videos and read these forums, the more I come to the conclusion that these are the only intended "defensive layers" in modern POE:

1) Have expert precognition skills to anticipate all enemy types and incoming damage before they appear on your screen

2) Be able to expertly distinguish what is happening, and identify all enemies (including those off your screen), in near complete darkness, which encompasses 95%+ of mapping gameplay, including in outdoor areas, since this game loves its BLACK AND BROWN AND GRAY and has no gamma (brightness) correction in 2024

3) Mix together points 1 and 2 above to kill enemy (and bosses) before they can attack or cast a spell at you

Based on those points, are even playing an ARPG anymore? What's the point of gear? Why not just give me a pass/fail frogger game with some character model jumping around with a sword and shield?

Why do I have armor if physical damage reduce and endurance charges and phys to ele/chaos conversion is required/ Why do I have resistances if suppression is required? Why do I have attack block if 99% of threatening garbage is a spell or degen? Why do I have evasion if most threatening things can't be evaded? Why do I have a health pool when 10k life might as well be 1k life as a wet paper cup that crumbles to anything?

It's sad to see that all of these mistakes (unless they are intended) are being repeated in POE2 design, or worse.

The build variety from combining the passive tree and ascendancies and items in this game is a great thing, but holy moly most of the mapping experience is the equivalent of a fist coming out my monitor to punch me in the face saying "ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET?", like when some death ranged blob shoots me from offscreen.
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 8, 2024, 6:25:07 PM
"
Chickenwink wrote:
"
FutureFear wrote:
Well my friend, I guess you caught me at a bad time where apparently telling GGG their defensive system sucks for POE, seems to be my build's fault.

These complaints come with context though. Your experience.

Yes stuff is more rippy than ever. But not adapting to it is just adding to the problem. GGG has made it a pattern of increasing difficulty in this game, (remember the old -60% chaos res days?), so you gotta change with the times.

The entire purpose of this post is that I don't agree with GGG's changes and don't want to adapt, because their changes are in my opinion not fun even bad for the game's future. Hence my feedback lolz.

We as players don't have to agree with everything GGG does. They aren't perfect in what they do, neither am I. However from my experience as a player I raise my concerns and ask for answers why they made certain choices in regards to how defenses work now. Simply because in my opinion they can be improved a lot so it's easier for everyone to understand them and less complex for well newer players or returning players.

The fact that we need a third party plugin like POB to create builds is the perfect sign of bad game design. Name any current other ARPG that needs that?

"
Chickenwink wrote:

"
FutureFear wrote:

I simply would expect it to be better than it is.

Well you need to start changing your assumptions then. Its good but missing that extra kick in EHP.

And its not like builds like this DONT work. There are plenty of builds that are absolute squish factories. Deep delve (several thousand) is still done by people that understand how all the mobs attack and run PURE offense and 0 defense, relying on positioning properly to avoid all attacks. This is more advanced play though, these people probably dont "follow build guides" if you get what I mean.

Read the above, same thing here. I don't have to agree with GGG's methods.

True builds like this work with quite a steep hill of investment before they work. I'm well aware of that as I mentioned several times.
But as I stated that's part of the problem... why does skills X and skill Y with defense X or Y do much better than defense Z or W?
Not to mention the strange behaviors of some defenses that I pointed out.
Best example though WHY doesn't fire resistance help (enough) against something like burning ground... there is no logic here. Things like this make the game even more complex and just confusing.

Also the fact that you have to mention proper positioning, we are humans not robots. We can't calculate and react in milliseconds to move our character... however that's exactly what a lot of boss fights need these days. Even worse on T17 where bosses don't have pattern in their abilities to learn... it's just random.

"
Chickenwink wrote:

"
FutureFear wrote:

but the flask you showed doesn't have bleed immunity

I am .... very much struggling to continue reading the rest of your post. Bleed immunity can be obtained in so many different areas.... just your mana flask alone is good enough, you dont need remove curse in this game....

Similarly if you would just cap your chaos res you dont need remove PSN....

And if you are such a stickler for HAVING remove curse or poison on your flasks... than just get a jewel with the implicit for corrupted blood on it. You are playing trade, its not hard to get.

Very sorry but something has to give, Good luck!

Kind of pointless arguing if you're not reading the points to argue about.

Yes plenty of ways to get bleed immunity, that doesn't mean it fits in this build without sacrificing something else or bricking the build. Yes eventually this build can out leach/regen bleeding. I'm not there yet.

Yes capping my poison res would help... do you happen to have boots with:
T1 Str
T0 Int
T1 (or 2) life
T1 mana
30% - 35% movement speed
35% Chaos resistance
Freeze & chill immune

Well I don't either... I sure could buy some for 19+ divines...
happen to have those? -> I don't.

So yes, plenty of ways to improve my build, I know, I'm working on it with the time I have available to play. However, dying and losing entire maps in the process because of clunky mechanics you can't defend against doesn't help either.
A 5th map slot locked behind T17 uber content also doesn't help in maximizing my profit on lower tier maps. I can handle T16 just fine so... T17 is another story.
Last edited by FutureFear on Apr 9, 2024, 8:11:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info