Account Moderation Update

If message length is a problem, then why don't go with max characters ( old SMS style ) to know that users will not get accidently flagged because they send a 1 character longer message that they should?
This game has the worst report system. People just spam report for anything in chat. This game's going to be single player soon or what, because this is silly.

Maybe update chat filters and naming filters. Because this isn't account moderation. This is AI muting people who asked a simple question. That's PoE chat.

AKA: We allow questions in chat but if it's too long (which our system didnt stop) You will get muted.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Feb 13, 2024, 12:28:28 PM
Just gonna stop posting in global chat, actually, no, just gonna stop typing entirely... Go check reddit, real examples of how this is going to fail.

You need to hire better chat mods.

I've been chat muted in the past for the most asinine things..

This isn't going to go great.
Cool I guess, moderation is good.

But every time I've seen discussion of moderation it's always in relation to how nonsensical and inconsistent it is, including the latest "get banned for posting a very helpful message that was too long" because apparently there's a rule written - freaking somewhere - that forbids long global chat message posts.

Which makes no sense as a default since that just tells players "spam lots of short messages instead of a single concise message" and there's no real way for players to know of this rule. And the game straight up allows you to post long messages instead of just capping them.

Hopefully moderation consistency and transparency improves much more, because that's where the primary problem seems to be.
This could be an advantage, but as dampers have been given away in the past, this could just be a way to find a more repressive means.
in general i like it but the banning has to be very accurate
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
I really don't see that the game requires this change at all. The real effect of this is that g1 trolling gets you restricted from playing the game normally.. why is that necessary beyond the general chat mute is odd, people can simply ignore you already if they don't want your whispers..
great change, really fitting for a chinese company :)
Last edited by giully on Feb 13, 2024, 1:32:09 PM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
I worry about the consequences of this. And with such general ToS and so forth, mods can take any sentence or word and ban people "just because".

And they will - because that's how subjective, human 'moderation' works. I'd be embarrassed to put this forward as policy. GGG used to be a company I was thrilled to show monetary support for. Ever since they decided to put streamers and their friends at the front of log in queues, GGG routinely validate my decision to discontinue that support.
We all saw that guy on reddit that got mute for explaining double corrupt.

If he would do it after this update, he couldn't play on trade league FOR EXPLAINING POE MECHANIC IN POE CHAT!

This is insanity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info