Account Moderation Update

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
PegasusRideR wrote:
This one is very interesting. The e-mail lifting the ban tells that the player should be wary of posting long copy-pasted messages in global chat in the future, I mean still. I do not understand the reason of this. I don't think you can give short infos to questions regarding the majority of aspects of Path of Exile, its one of the most complicated ARPG games out there! I will refrain from posting anything to global and trade chats from now on.

Long walls of text are disruptive to the flow of chat and thus disliked. There's a reason why one of the common global chat memes is "GET DOWN MR PRESIDENT"

If you are respondingg to someone at such length, it is better to DM the person

No, because those infos can be helpful to a lot of people. No one is forced to read all the info posted, everyone is free to ignore if they already know it. There is a reason Global chats exist with many channels. This type of mute only disrupts its purpose and functionality. The info shared there is not even a wall of text as well, despite being a long wall of text as you mentioned.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ https://ironhideout.net 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /view-thread/3483665
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /view-thread/3263906
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: pegasusrider
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /view-thread/3447573
if you multiple report any massage person get mute from automatic system anyway xDD
I hope scammer are also being Mute.
"
sirgog wrote:
These are a bad change.

Some things need more moderation than they get now, like character names intended solely to harass.

But these changes as an overall package simply empower trolls, who WILL sit in global 1, post maliciously bad advice, then report anyone who corrects them if that correction can be construed as even remotely harsh.

It WILL be used by people who will aim to start political rows in global by carefully shifting discussion onto public figures with controversial political views. A statement like "Kanye's new album is (musical opinion)" will start political fights. The person making it knows that, and they'll be the one reporting every political comment.

My question is - don't you think trolling in global is bad enough without going out of your way to make it worse with these changes?

Fully agree with SirGog on this issue, trolls will take over global and everybody else will be afraid to post anything that could be interpreted as "offensive" or "ban-worthy". We'll see how this plays out. In the meantime, I'll remain skeptical and turn off chat.
This is such a bad change. It would be one thing if the threshold for being muted was raised, but we still have mods muting players for 90+ hours solely because the text is long.

Why give global chat a character limit and then punish players for using that limit? Helpful text but too long? *mute* Do you see how little sense that makes?

GGG mods have always been overzealous with their punishments and turning mutes into actual soft bans is going to do nothing but suck the social aspect out of this game. Players will be too scared to say anything lest a mod having a bad day come across it.

I just honestly can't believe this was actually approved.
Last edited by Heyitspars on Feb 13, 2024, 8:25:42 AM
"
Heyitspars wrote:

I just honestly can't believe this was actually approved.

Me neither tbh. It's what you would expect of EA in their hayday of being the gaming industry's posterboy for evil. Even as somebody that barely ever posts anything in global, I worry about the consequences of this. And with such general ToS and so forth, mods can take any sentence or word and ban people "just because".

Besides, will it even affect all the bots and RMT accounts? THAT is the real problem the game has. Not the odd user posting a swear word, or making helpful comments in eligible English.
In what world are these changes good? Since when is it a good idea to completely nullify a big part of this game which is trading? You've been getting people on your side because of D4 and now you're gonna end up pushing some people away.
Just revert these changes, they benefit literally nobody. If someone gets muted and they keep annoying you in PMs, just report + mute the person.
Time to ignore global chat to avoid malicious actors 😛. I won't go there "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear", it seems perfect to me that consequences exist and increase for bad actions, Is just seems odd to mute because a discussion regardless of it nature knowing the fact that is easier to see more RMT/scam messages than insults, you have a good eye for one thing but for the other..., which is what truly affects the community and trade.

"
powner1985 wrote:
I hope scammer are also being Mute.

[Removed by Support]
Venezuela es mi barrio, y odio mi barrio.
Amante de las abejas🐝
Last edited by Tai_GGG on Feb 13, 2024, 12:20:36 PM
I'd also suggest a mute duration reset if someone asks for it due to this change. Yes, they'd have to behave from now on but they've been building up for 10 years.
It was completely asinine before and now it's even worse.
Last edited by ThePrimordialTV on Feb 13, 2024, 12:23:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info