Account Moderation Update

I preface this with saying that my account is from 2013, and I've never been muted. Mainly because I'm old and don't troll or flame.

With that said, it will be a HUGE! slap in the face to get "silenced" because of an error or ctrl-v into the wrong chat. After all the hours invested, and a decent bit of money, it will feel like I was cheated on. My entire outlook of GGG and POE would be changed in an instant.

I personally believe that's the biggest threat in this whole situation. There's big potential to alienate 100% loyal POE fans that have good intentions, and don't feed into the derogatory.

For those thinking " It will only be a one minute/one hour mute". It doesn't matter if it's one minute or one year. The initial realization that after 10+ years of "good behavior" and money spent, I was then treated like a freeloading leech that is deserving of some form of punishment will trigger my simple brain to think that this is not the community for me. It's just how a lot of people's brains are wired.

If this whole system isn't revamped to keep these kinds of things from happening, and making sure moderators are help accountable, this will be big. I'm talking 10% of the community not putting up with being treated like a child while paying to support GGG payroll. I say community, and not player base. It will be 10% of the people who have bought multiple supporter packs, play every league, watch youtube videos, and support POE streamers. It's that 10% that you will be losing to this questionable (at best) implementation.

"
lordofsoup wrote:
the whole account moderation situation is already bad and you guys are making it worse.
I mean hundreds of people still gonna be buying 10k worth of pixels next league. Why would they care?
It's a step in the wrong direction. Let people have their fun, stop the fascism over mutes. Toucans are healthy for the community, but then we already got rid of those.

The only mutes I want to see are ones flaming, being toxic, and selling RMT.

Everything else you should NOT have your game access (trading) removed.
I'm all for getting rid of the annoying people. But muting someone for guessing 666 on a facebreaker unidentify is just absurd. Guessing facebreaker values is one of the oldest traditions. And beeing disciplined for the number 666 in a game where we slay all kinds of demons is just weird.
Or what's up with the other guy getting a mute for explaining a game mechanic?

You need to get rid of the people spamming crap and slurs, but regular players should not feel afraid to type in allchat. I expect more from ggg in that regard.
Wer nichts weiß, muss alles glauben.
If you are going to prevent interaction with game systems while muted, just suspend the account.

Imagine getting locked out of trade and all social interaction for multiple leagues because you accidentally ctrl+V an item into chat instead of POB...
This is honestly pretty weird and feels heavy-handed.

Like sure, mute/suspend ppl that abuse the announcement system. Removing their ability to abuse the system they abused makes sense.

But coupling the doubling mute duration regardless of infraction, with essentially forced SSF, is what's crazy to me. Sure it attaches a real penalty to not being a dickwad, but given how easily mutes are handed out it's just kind of wild to be disconnected from the ecosystem too not just chat.

Fully agree with Arakki.
>let me just post some helpful game tips
>oh muted for 8k days

nice 'we changed nothing' status update besides clarifying the obvious (that old mutes don't apply, becuase the flag isn't set). I'm absolutely convinced that if someone wanted do, they would have run an update against the entire database (lol) and start crashing out the game as people join (lol) just so they could flag old mutes and trade chat ban people.
"
furycury82 wrote:

For those thinking " It will only be a one minute/one hour mute". It doesn't matter if it's one minute or one year. The initial realization that after 10+ years of "good behavior" and money spent, I was then treated like a freeloading leech that is deserving of some form of punishment will trigger my simple brain to think that this is not the community for me. It's just how a lot of people's brains are wired.

Accurate stuff right here.
These changes make me LESS INCLINED to report people. I don’t know how long their next mute is, so I’m potentially banishing them to SSF for the duration. This change sucks.
OH wow they really wnet through with it

[Removed by Support]
Why am I still here
Last edited by Timothy_GGG on Feb 13, 2024, 5:24:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info