Account Moderation Update

rip le toucan spam then if you won be able to trade anymore for getting mute
"
iParadoxG wrote:
Maybe I am seeing things I want to see, but did you guys notice how many people commented that this change is not a good step forward?

You thought that thread was for feedback if they should add it or not? That's cute.
Kinda weird how everyone is against these changes. How about just not getting muted? I don't think it's that hard, just make sure you dont use global1 as a 4chan board.
"
heil_mods_ wrote:
Kinda weird how everyone is against these changes. How about just not getting muted? I don't think it's that hard, just make sure you dont use global1 as a 4chan board.

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1aphrqy/gggs_mute_system_in_all_its_glory_96_hour_mute/

Despite support lifting his mute, he will still serve a 192 hour mute the next time he is muted. It does not remove the new 96 hour mute time that this caused him to reach.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
"
This whole thing is gonna blow up in your faces. This is just 1 step shy of censorship.

Censorship? Sir, this is a video game.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Overall, I find GGG's punishments a bit harsh. But especially, at times it's too harsh for small issues and almost nothing for really important issues. But this happens in life, this happens in law everywhere in the world, there will never be perfection in justice. But still, I think bans handed are overally harsh, which at times becomes defaming if unrightful and breaches rule no:3 in their own Code of Conduct; "Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others". I don't have much info on mutes. And most importantly, when a ban is given, the player who got banned should be auto-emailed or PM'ed on forums telling the reason and the length of the ban. Sometimes it takes days to learn such info from them. This is already present in the muting system, a red ingame chat message tells you how long you have been muted, it still doesn't tell the reason though. I also think the time has come to add phone support to this game since its scale is much larger now, and the mail support team might not be enough all the time. I agree with the following posts:

"
Esubane wrote:
I find any punishments lasting years kinda ridiculous, this is a video game, not a felony in real life to warrant such long sanctions (including permabans). I mean im active on doomworld too and these fuckers still witch hunt SgtMarkIV for shitposts made in early 2010's. A god damn decade later they still don't let it go. This is just unhealthy and signals obsession over petty things.

If anything, it should be structured like this:

1) 30 min mute - hey bro, chill with this shitposting
2) 1 day mute - ok you had your warning and didn't listen
3) 7 day mute - you still didn't listen
4) league mute - mate just take a break, return in new season with a clear mind

Permabans should be handed only to obvious offenders advertising rmt etc.

"
Demental wrote:
"
heil_mods_ wrote:

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1aphrqy/gggs_mute_system_in_all_its_glory_96_hour_mute/

Despite support lifting his mute, he will still serve a 192 hour mute the next time he is muted. It does not remove the new 96 hour mute time that this caused him to reach.

This one is very interesting. The e-mail lifting the ban tells that the player should be wary of posting long copy-pasted messages in global chat in the future, I mean still. I do not understand the reason of this. I don't think you can give short infos to questions regarding the majority of aspects of Path of Exile, its one of the most complicated ARPG games out there! I will refrain from posting anything to global and trade chats from now on.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ https://ironhideout.net 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /view-thread/3483665
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /view-thread/3263906
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: pegasusrider
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /view-thread/3447573
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Feb 13, 2024, 9:40:32 AM
"
PegasusRideR wrote:
This one is very interesting. The e-mail lifting the ban tells that the player should be wary of posting long copy-pasted messages in global chat in the future, I mean still. I do not understand the reason of this. I don't think you can give short infos to questions regarding the majority of aspects of Path of Exile, its one of the most complicated ARPG games out there! I will refrain from posting anything to global and trade chats from now on.

Long walls of text are disruptive to the flow of chat and thus disliked. There's a reason why one of the common global chat memes is "GET DOWN MR PRESIDENT"

If you are respondingg to someone at such length, it is better to DM the person
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
The code of conduct can be literally breached by any sentence, wtf is this change trade ban = Perma ban in softcore so you will apply Perma ban to people that post toucans ? Smeee heeeee
When is 3.24 release? march or april?
"
heil_mods_ wrote:

Saw somebody getting muted for writing helpful comments. Presumably just because the comment was long and thorough. It sounds kinda ludicrous tbh. The intentions may be good, but the outcome can still be bad. Given how support themselves take the worst meaning all the time, even if a comment is not at all meant in an ill way, I'm sure it will be much worse by whoever is moderating chat channels. And if it's bots (how ironic), there's bound to be many false positives.

Thankfully I barely ever make comments or list stuff for trade, but it's going be even less now I reckon. Which may be the intention tbh. Put pressure/threats on people so we are less likely to interact and thereby lesson the workload.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info