Buff difficulty of regular content

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"Newer" was referring to your Metamorph 4 years comment.

Writing that we don't have the data from either this or last league would be enough instead of digging up irrelevant old stats to current power creep.
But I dont know if we have this data or not.

"
Nomancs wrote:
I bet, that majority of players who have completed campaign have 4 watchstones in their atlas. Those are the players who do regular endgame content. It is safe for me to assume that most players can do it.
Back to the effort thing and the data thing. We likely do have at least partial access to related data. This https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction?fetchmode=Ladder&atlasheatmap=true suggests that there is an API which makes Atlas available. Dont know what kind of data is in there but at least the number of allocated Atlas points should be there. This should be useful for deriving such data.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"Newer" was referring to your Metamorph 4 years comment.

Writing that we don't have the data from either this or last league would be enough instead of digging up irrelevant old stats to current power creep.
But I dont know if we have this data or not.

"
Nomancs wrote:
I bet, that majority of players who have completed campaign have 4 watchstones in their atlas. Those are the players who do regular endgame content. It is safe for me to assume that most players can do it.
Back to the effort thing and the data thing. We likely do have at least partial access to related data. This https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction?fetchmode=Ladder&atlasheatmap=true suggests that there is an API which makes Atlas available. Dont know what kind of data is in there but at least the number of allocated Atlas points should be there. This should be useful for deriving such data.

If you're interested what atlas passives people use - yes, if you want to know how many out of all who completed campaign killed pinnacle bosses, no.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
If you're interested what atlas passives people use - yes, if you want to know how many out of all who completed campaign killed pinnacle bosses, no.
Without the actual data its hard to say. You may be able to deduce from number of Atlas points. If they are "too few" they likely dont have. But without knowing the data this is just speculation. But if you really care you can look at it. And "killed" in SC trade should be "killed or got carried". With "it" or "the data" I mean the original API available data not what poe.ninja shows - if thats not clear.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
Without the actual data its hard to say. You may be able to deduce from number of Atlas points. If they are "too few" they likely dont have. But without knowing the data this is just speculation. But if you really care you can look at it. And "killed" in SC trade should be "killed or got carried". With "it" or "the data" I mean the original API available data not what poe.ninja shows - if thats not clear.

Deducing from poe.ninja lowest level in game would be 89 and we know this is not true ;) Thanks for trying tho.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Deducing from poe.ninja lowest level in game would be 89 and we know this is not true ;)
Dont know where the 89 is coming from. The official site ladders for Classes (not the overall one) have a lot of characters (105k incl private) to derive data from. Its only the upper end but this can still be used to verify (or not) a hypothesis.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
Deducing from poe.ninja lowest level in game would be 89 and we know this is not true ;)
Dont know where the 89 is coming from. The official site ladders for Classes (not the overall one) have a lot of characters (105k incl private) to derive data from. Its only the upper end but this can still be used to verify (or not) a hypothesis.

No, that would be unfair if we would take only the upper end (tho it would be much more in line with what I wrote). For data to be fair it would have to include those who havn't reach higher levels.

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

No, that would be unfair if we would take only the upper end (tho it would be much more in line with what I wrote). For data to be fair it would have to include those who havn't reach higher levels.
Example: You want to know if most players have 4 Voidstones. You look at the data of the upper end. You find out that <50% of these have 4 Voidstones. You then conclude: Likely most players do not have 4 Voidstones. The data is potentially useful for such things.
You cant derive a "fair" number but you can derive a "fair" upper bound for the number. (Whether this is useful or no cant be said without having the number first.)

Edit: typo
Last edited by Zrevnur on Dec 30, 2023, 1:31:51 PM
15% magebloods, 9% headhuntes, 24% are using t0 belts based on that, compared to 8% mageblood and 4% headhunters from last league week 3. I don't want to jump on conclusions here but 2x...

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Right now SC Affliction is showing 97k characters, not players. Many seasoned players will have multiple characters at level 90+ by now so we cannot conflate characters with player accounts.

The 24h peak of players on Steam was just 91k accounts which does not include the standalone users.

Further, private characters do not show on poe.ninja. They'd show on poe-racing with name/level but no gear, but will not be displayed on poe.ninja.

Inconsistencies aside, the top percentile of players is not representative of the overall playerbase. They play more efficiently & invest more time on average. It just isn't a good data point
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
Nomancs wrote:
15% magebloods, 9% headhuntes, 24% are using t0 belts based on that, compared to 8% mageblood and 4% headhunters from last league week 3. I don't want to jump on conclusions here but 2x...

Is that a result of significantly increased HH/MB drops, divine drops from Affliction juicing, div cards for those items becoming much easier to farm, or even a mix?

There's lots of factors that could be at play here than just simply powercreep. You've said already in your 40/40 feedback thread that Affliction was a mistake for offering ridiculous amounts of juice and crazy divine orb drops.

If GGG has suddenly decided to dole out temporary powercreep leagues instead of balanced ones intended to be rolled into core, of course we're going to be seeing an increase in higher quality items. That doesn't necessarily equate to the base game itself being powercrept to the point the game needs to be harder for everyone, especially those who don't even juice maps and yet are still struggling. If anything, we should be demanding more that GGG stop giving us OP leagues.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Dec 30, 2023, 1:47:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info