New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors

"
melkoriii wrote:
Will Fresh Meat affect minion summoned from Items like Arakaali Spiders?

Raise Spider granted from Arakaali is a skill that summons minions...so it should.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 14, 2023, 10:14:27 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Kanadeara2013 wrote:

i mean isnt the best case scenario the one i gave it? a max duration bleed from puncture? it took it from 27 sec to 3.7 sec duration. it only works for ailments, not other dots so its only poison, bleed, or ignite. the dps gain just seems bad for the playstyle it makes since ailment builds other than poison dont really stack attack or cast speed since it doesnt really effect the dps of the ailment, and to make this feel good you need to constantly reapply it

I did a full mathematical analysis in the feedback section. You are right, its not nearly as big as I thought it was. also good catch on the ailment thing, thats what I meant but I said DoT instead by accident.

It works out to be about a 60% MORE multiplier (TLDR: 4.75x less damage per ailment, apply the ailment 8x more often), provided you have the speed to reapply the ailment 8x faster. That said, it is still EXCELLENT for clearing. You don't need the FULL massive DoT dps to clear mobs, and the faster multiplier simply becomes a clearing machine. Against single targets, the idea of taking double strike and other fast-hitting skills mean that you can easily get the 8x speed needed for the 60% more multiplier.

If you are an ignite build, then you would also pair this with the ignite multiplier support for another quick 200-400% more multiplier on all your ignites (against single targets).

ahh good points, i didnt think about it for that, was just thinking for ST damage. good math!
ahh thats true too, thank you. i guess maybe its just not made for what i thought it would be for. good math though!

They are GOOD supports, damage wise and utility wise. Pretty damn high numbers for support gems...

ahh good points, i didnt think about those uses, was just thinking purely ST. good math!
Last edited by Kanadeara2013 on Aug 14, 2023, 10:15:57 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Kanadeara2013 wrote:

i mean isnt the best case scenario the one i gave it? a max duration bleed from puncture? it took it from 27 sec to 3.7 sec duration. it only works for ailments, not other dots so its only poison, bleed, or ignite. the dps gain just seems bad for the playstyle it makes since ailment builds other than poison dont really stack attack or cast speed since it doesnt really effect the dps of the ailment, and to make this feel good you need to constantly reapply it

I did a full mathematical analysis in the feedback section. You are right, its not nearly as big as I thought it was. also good catch on the ailment thing, thats what I meant but I said DoT instead by accident.

It works out to be about a 60% MORE multiplier (TLDR: 4.75x less damage per ailment, apply the ailment 8x more often), provided you have the speed to reapply the ailment 8x faster. That said, it is still EXCELLENT for clearing. You don't need the FULL massive DoT dps to clear mobs, and the faster multiplier simply becomes a clearing machine. Against single targets, the idea of taking double strike and other fast-hitting skills mean that you can easily get the 8x speed needed for the 60% more multiplier.

If you are an ignite build, then you would also pair this with the ignite multiplier support for another quick 200-400% more multiplier on all your ignites (against single targets).

They are GOOD supports, damage wise and utility wise. Pretty damn high numbers for support gems...

Could you by any chance link that feedback post you mentioned because I can't find it.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
"
MouseAura wrote:
Guardian info would be cool

its already on facebook...
Thanks, but these don't seem useful. Whatever, I'll try flamewood totems. It's going to suck, but who cares.
"
Angrybagel wrote:

Could you by any chance link that feedback post you mentioned because I can't find it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3410300
fire dmg ?
Can we CORRUPT CRY + GCry+bleed attack ? would be cooL
"
Akutaru wrote:
ok now where is the guardian skill info we were promised

Guardian minion skill info can be found on the FAQ page here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3408278#14
corrupt war cry + Raise Spector with a war cry?
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info