New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors

This is not just disappointing, this is actually sad and pathetic. New gems are to be blunt straight up trash beside one or two exceptions. [Removed by Support] Corrupting cry has a 1000% mana and reservation cost MULTIPLIER???? 1000% !!!!OMFG and you spend life instead of mana. For what damage???? 4x CB debuffs. This is pathetic.
Last edited by Vinky_GGG on Aug 14, 2023, 9:53:23 PM
"
This is not just disappointing, this is actually sad and pathetic. New gems are to be blunt straight up trash beside one or two exceptions. [Removed by Support] Corrupting cry has a 1000% mana and reservation cost MULTIPLIER???? 1000% !!!!OMFG and you spend life instead of mana. For what damage???? 4x CB debuffs. This is pathetic.

[Removed by Support] Look at the content they are adding, they don't "owe" you anything. These skill gems open up a bunch of possibilities for builds.
Last edited by Vinky_GGG on Aug 14, 2023, 9:55:25 PM
Hyped for challenge rewards tomorrow!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How many league/core supporter packs in a year when POE1 & 2 coexist?
Seems like the new gems mostly share a theme. Ambiguous "actual" numbers skewed by needlessly confused wording or limiting mechanics. New supports mostly cater to a very small amount of builds, going against GGG's whole philosophy of trying to introduce support gems that have wide reaching effects beyond simple multipliers.
"
Kanadeara2013 wrote:

i mean isnt the best case scenario the one i gave it? a max duration bleed from puncture? it took it from 27 sec to 3.7 sec duration. it only works for ailments, not other dots so its only poison, bleed, or ignite. the dps gain just seems bad for the playstyle it makes since ailment builds other than poison dont really stack attack or cast speed since it doesnt really effect the dps of the ailment, and to make this feel good you need to constantly reapply it

I did a full mathematical analysis in the feedback section. You are right, its not nearly as big as I thought it was. also good catch on the ailment thing, thats what I meant but I said DoT instead by accident.

It works out to be about a 60% MORE multiplier (TLDR: 4.75x less damage per ailment, apply the ailment 8x more often), provided you have the speed to reapply the ailment 8x faster. That said, it is still EXCELLENT for clearing. You don't need the FULL massive DoT dps to clear mobs, and the faster multiplier simply becomes a clearing machine. Against single targets, the idea of taking double strike and other fast-hitting skills mean that you can easily get the 8x speed needed for the 60% more multiplier.

If you are an ignite build, then you would also pair this with the ignite multiplier support for another quick 200-400% more multiplier on all your ignites (against single targets).

They are GOOD supports, damage wise and utility wise. Pretty damn high numbers for support gems...
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 14, 2023, 10:06:11 PM
Can someone explain the corrupting cry cost multiplies by 1000%? for example Enduring cry at lvl 20 costs 19 mana, 19 x 1000 = 19000... 19k life to cast a cry? or am I stupidly off with the math?
1000% = 10X, NOT 1000X
"
Darshaku wrote:
Can someone explain the corrupting cry cost multiplies by 1000%? for example Enduring cry at lvl 20 costs 19 mana, 19 x 1000 = 19000... 19k life to cast a cry? or am I stupidly off with the math?

1000% is 10x, not 1000x
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
Will Fresh Meat affect minion summoned from Items like Arakaali Spiders?
POG Thank you GGG for this amazing game!
🔮 Embracing the Exile's Path | Crafting EPIC Adventures 🔮 | Master of Builds Someday... 🛠️ | My journey through Wraeclast knows no bounds! 🌟 | Check out my profile for a realm of creativity 🌐 | Unleashing the true potential of the Atlas, one build at a time! 🌌 #PathOfExileFanatic 🎮

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info