New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors

"
Kanadeara2013 wrote:
oh i know, the point is that it gains ok dps, BUT at the cost of 20 sec duration, so you needing to constantly reapply it over, and over, and over. That usually doesnt lend it self well to the DoT playstyle and makes if feel really un fun to play. i took it further and got all skill effect duration on the tree and got it to 3.7 sec, which seems really bad (imo) for puncture. typically to scale the damage you use snipe, which you need to channel. would be like having to constantly use bane or ED to reapply dots.

only good use i can think of is with the new controlled blaze? since you are constantly reapplying ignite so the duration doesnt matter and fits that playstyle? idk seems like the gem wasnt designed very well or maybe im missing something.

Double Strike. Applies a bleed, provides a benefit for hitting a bleeding target rapidly. The duration of the bleed only needs to last long enough to proc another one. Normally the bleed part of double strike is fairly minimal and hard to do anything with while still taking advantage of the extra damage to bleeding targets aspect of it. Sadism seems like it was designed specifically as a buff to Double Strike, but might also be useful for skills like Lacerate which have built in bleed procs but are meant more as spammed skills.

I think you could get Double Strike working with Sadism and Crimson Dance well enough at high attack speeds. It's very hard to PoB this because PoB has had serious issues calculating DoT damage for a while.
"
Astasia wrote:
"
Kanadeara2013 wrote:
oh i know, the point is that it gains ok dps, BUT at the cost of 20 sec duration, so you needing to constantly reapply it over, and over, and over. That usually doesnt lend it self well to the DoT playstyle and makes if feel really un fun to play. i took it further and got all skill effect duration on the tree and got it to 3.7 sec, which seems really bad (imo) for puncture. typically to scale the damage you use snipe, which you need to channel. would be like having to constantly use bane or ED to reapply dots.

only good use i can think of is with the new controlled blaze? since you are constantly reapplying ignite so the duration doesnt matter and fits that playstyle? idk seems like the gem wasnt designed very well or maybe im missing something.

Double Strike. Applies a bleed, provides a benefit for hitting a bleeding target rapidly. The duration of the bleed only needs to last long enough to proc another one. Normally the bleed part of double strike is fairly minimal and hard to do anything with while still taking advantage of the extra damage to bleeding targets aspect of it. Sadism seems like it was designed specifically as a buff to Double Strike, but might also be useful for skills like Lacerate which have built in bleed procs but are meant more as spammed skills.

I think you could get Double Strike working with Sadism and Crimson Dance well enough at high attack speeds. It's very hard to PoB this because PoB has had serious issues calculating DoT damage for a while.

yeah i could see that working, seems really niche still. will have to let some of the big brains make builds and test it out but im just not sold on it yet
So when is PoE 1 going to get fun stuff like we used to for everyone? And not one gem out of a dozen plus and two keystones out of almost 20 that might be used?
GGG can we get confirmation on if Flamewood Support counts as OUR damage or the totems damage as far as ancestral bond is concerned?

And does the controlled blaze less damage per ignite recently effect the skills ignite damage or just the hit damage?
New gems looking good exactly what I was expecting balanced and meta shift through new gems and items way better approach. Already brewing some builds friday can't come soon enough.
seems legit
kek
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mirror service

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2833366
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
hey there
Need a detailed explanation of the locus mine support.
Will Corrupting Cry affect attacks from Minions spawned from Generals Cry?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info