New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Crucible

RIP MS and VMS...
3.14 - Removed Harvest from the game.
Prismatic Burst looks super cool!
Some questions about prismatic burst:

1. If I keep my dex, str, and int close together will I consistently proc all the elements?
2. How would it work together with elemental hit and wild strike?
3. If I wanted to run a lightning based attack, stack strength, and then add cold damage, would that mean I would be doing all 3 elements at once?
4. If I use something like Vaal Rain of Arrows with prismatic burst, would it count as one single usage of the skill(each barrage doing say cold damage) or would it count each barrage of arrows as a separate instance potentially triggering a different element?
Last edited by noctemdracone on Apr 5, 2023, 4:27:00 AM
"
noctemdracone wrote:
Some questions about prismatic burst:

1. If I keep my dex, str, and int close together will I consistently proc all the elements?
2. How would it work together with elemental hit and wild strike?
3. If I wanted to run a lightning based attack, stack strength, and then add cold damage, would that mean I would be doing all 3 elements at once?
4. If I use something like Vaal Rain of Arrows with prismatic burst, would it count as one single usage of the skill(each barrage doing say cold damage) or would it count each barrage of arrows as a separate instance potentially triggering a different element?

1. Prismatic burst says it chooses one element. If your stats are close together, the chance for each will likely be very similar, but it will still only choose one element.

2. Because Prismatic Burst is its own spell, it does not interact directly with the effects of the triggering attack. So, it seems, Elemental Hit or Wild Strike will operate normally, choosing its own element, then one hit from that will trigger the spell. The spell should then choose its own element.

3. Prismatic Burst says it does 100% less damage of the non-chosen elements, so if it chooses fire because you have high strength, the spell shouldn't do any cold or lightning damage. But, the triggering attack may take the cold damage as you might expect. If you are running a lightning skill (say lightning strike) then in total you should deal fire, lightning, and cold damage, but Prismatic Burst itself would only do fire damage, since that's the damage it chose.

4. Prismatic Burst has a .8s cooldown and says that it triggers on hit, not skill use. So, if Vaal Rain of Arrows lasts longer than Prismatic Burst's cooldown (which appears reduced by gem levels), then the next hit it does should trigger Prismatic Burst again (at which it chooses an element as normal).
Last edited by incobalt on Apr 5, 2023, 4:39:36 AM
"
incobalt wrote:

3. Prismatic Burst says it does 100% less damage of the non-chosen elements, so if it chooses fire because you have high strength, the spell shouldn't do any cold or lightning damage. But, the triggering attack may take the cold damage as you might expect. If you are running a lightning skill (say lightning strike) then in total you should deal fire, lightning, and cold damage, but Prismatic Burst itself would only do fire damage, since that's the damage it chose.

But if we take the -100% elemental damage to only apply to the prismatic burst itself, if the lightning strike is doing the cold and lightning damage, wouldn't it be unaffected by this?

NVM: Reread what you wrote and realized it already answers my question. Headaches make thinking hard lol
Last edited by noctemdracone on Apr 5, 2023, 4:41:23 AM
Melee Splash Support that 1% sure looks sweet! vey much needed buff that will be so very super inpactfull when clearing packs!
"
noctemdracone wrote:
"
incobalt wrote:

But if we take the -100% elemental damage to only apply to the prismatic burst itself, if the lightning strike is doing the cold and lightning damage, wouldn't it be unaffected by this?

Yes, that's what I meant. The triggered Prismatic Burst spell won't do any cold or lightning damage, but the triggering attack should deal its lightning damage and get the cold damage.
rue prismatic burst
it's sad that either one of the bow supports couldn't have been changed to support wand attacks.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
no info on spark proj speed ?
www.youtube.com/@DesmoSaze
Watch me live at https://www.twitch.tv/desmosaze
Follow me on X https://twitter.com/DesmoSaze

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info