New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Crucible

A question regarding prismatic burst support:

"Deals 100% less damage of each unchosen damage type" - If I use two combat focus so it always chooses lightning damage, can that damage still be converted to chaos damage?

It seems as though "unchosen" only referrs to the ones that can be chosen to begin with - or does unchosen include physical and chaos damage?
Thank you :D
Don't know if this has been brought up, but because prismatic spell support has the prismatic gem tag, you can use combat focus to determine which element it uses.
wOw momentum is so bad lmao
same as onslaught only usable at early game, but it's just worse at early game lol nice job on improving(somehow making something everybody already hate even worse) early game

League and patch overall seems nice tho idk for what exactly reason you decided to just straight up nerf all early game (and call it improvement what? like why would you do that, you know you nerfed so many things why would you call that an improvement) but since it doesn't affect endgame who cares
"
A question regarding prismatic burst support:

"Deals 100% less damage of each unchosen damage type" - If I use two combat focus so it always chooses lightning damage, can that damage still be converted to chaos damage?

It seems as though "unchosen" only referrs to the ones that can be chosen to begin with - or does unchosen include physical and chaos damage?
Thank you :D

I wondered that too. I think, reading as strictly as possible, that all damage types that aren't chosen (including physical and chaos) get 100% less damage (i.e., 0 damage). It would be cool if conversion to chaos works, or if you can still do physical from something like Battlemage, but I think that's not going to be the case.
"
felrasha wrote:
What does "more likely" actually mean on Prismatic Burst?

Seems like a vital bit of information.

I need answers to this as well. This could mean anything.
Could be a fixed value like your highest stat has a 50% trigger chance and the other two stats have a 25% trigger chance.
Or it could mean that with 800 str and 100 dex, 100 int your chances are 80% fire, 10% cold and 10% lightning. Basically percentage of your total stats.

Depending on how this works it could enable some interesting build options.
But i don't feel like gambling on my starter build.

GGG pls help :3
Interesting :D
While i can understand and have seen it coming that they're gradually removing most effects that just make you stronger without using them properly for your build (like fortify, arcane surge, other stuff I can't remember right now), I feel like that's not too good for newer players actually. I feel like finding out all those nooks and crannies to profit from is part of the charm, also ingame. Now Arcane Surge will either be only useful as long as you keep it as a link because you got nothing better anyway (early game) or for builds that use this - but there were nodes to buff arcane surge on the tree before, weren't there? So why nerf it like that...

Let's hope it's all for the better with PoE 2 coming..
Prismatic Burst seems like a mighty fun gem to pair with Ball Lightning

Each ball hits every 0.15sec so that's a lot of hits to maximize the high damage on hit.
It also has high effectiveness of added damage which overcomes 1 of the main downsides of BL itself.
Last edited by FMCspriggan on Apr 6, 2023, 5:30:45 PM
"
Sourgin wrote:
All changes to melee are fine, I don't see a need to improve somethin that only the 10% uses.

LOL!!!
"
FMCspriggan wrote:
Prismatic Burst seems like a mighty fun gem to pair with Ball Lightning

Each ball hits every 0.15sec so that's a lot of hits to maximize the high damage on hit.
It also has high effectiveness of added damage which overcomes 1 of the main downsides of BL itself.

Unfortunately, Prismatic Burst triggers from attacks, not spells. Plus Prismatic Burst has a cooldown, so a high number of hits is less valuable here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info