3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

btw they are removing most comments that arent "pog" or "hype". that says enough about how well intentioned this balance manifesto is. hopefully some big dick streamer will say on youtube what i said here and got deleted
Well this doesn't sound bad or anything. More """buffs""" for everyone.
first off most unique jewels used to be good until you guys nerfed them into oblivion, especially threshold jewels. so once again solving problems you created for no reason.

as for ailments, it seems to me that jewel slots are already way to crowded for this to be much of a solution to ailments. it'd be like if you guys added alot more very powerful ailment avoidance/reductions to belt modifiers... like yea that's cool and all but that slot is already so heavily competitive with other items that it's not a real solution. unless we're going to get more passive points on our skill tree it's going to be very hard to fit much of anything into most builds unless these jewel mods are crazy powerful (like 1 rare jewel prefix giving 50% chance to avoid shock). if theyre not that powerful, most ppl are still going to get ailment avoidance from the same places they are now, and very little will change other than you just watered down the jewel mod pool for like the 10th time.

on that same note you guys did something similar a few patches ago with life recoup and flat life regeneration, and it had almost no effect on actual gameplay because of the same issues as above (noone really uses these stats because theyre not anywhere near powerful enough to warrant use). yes life recoup/regeneration is a great stat but the reality is that the mod pool is already so overcrowded with other much better modifiers that you're not really changing anything.

in short i really dont see the ailment changes doing much of anything unless the new stats are insanely powerful (which they wont be because ggg is ggg)

as for the unique jewel changes, making good items extremely rare only makes the game less approachable for more ppl, and it again conflicts with your changes to ailment mitigation. like how many jewels are you expecting ppl to be able to run? if you make every unique jewel really really powerful, then ppl wont be able to fit in ailment rare jewels on top of watchers eyes, forbidden flame/flesh, core functionality jewels, and the new great unique ones. again you're running into the same issue. the jewel slot is just wayyyyy too crowded right now and making trash unique jewels amazing and rare is only going to make that issue worse.
Last edited by Titoisagod on Nov 14, 2022, 5:38:16 PM
Sounds like good changes :)
To help make jewel drops special, we've designed a new set of unique Jewels that are powerful chase items. These can drop from the core pool. You can learn more about these Jewels in our upcoming announcement livestream for the 3.20 expansion.

i love this part. powerful, extremely desirable and rare pls

i like this ty
I hope there's a rework to lioneyes fall or its drop rate since a whole weapon usage depends on it, Great change regardless hope the upcoming changes are just as exciting as this one.
Cassia supremacy
The devil is in the details, but I like the general idea. of course there is gonna be some jewel that is deleted that everyone will whine about.
many threshold jewels were desirable until they were nerfed into oblivion
This is a giga yikes. Making common unique jewels corrupted only has two negative side effects

1) Builds that relied on these previously common jewels will become out-of-reach for your average player. It will inherently reduce impact the number of starter builds that rely on these uniques.

2) These unique jewels will no longer be able to provide corrupted implicit modifiers such as corrupted blood immunity. Common unique jewels were a staple target for corruption to gamble for these corruptions.

Cool, will wait to see the jewels themselves though to see if this is interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info