3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Honestly, removing unique jewels and moving its "atributes" for another ITEM and not a jewel is a pretty well damn nerf in my sight, some builds use specific jewels also mandatory for it...

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Nov 14, 2022, 5:20:12 PM
"
To help make jewel drops special, we've designed a new set of unique Jewels that are powerful chase items.

So... another set of items which will drop extremely rarely for no-lifers only?
Why are you not posting these announcements yourself on the largest single Path of Exile community anywhere, which is the subreddit?
We will see how good those jewels are when we will see them. With GGG now its hard to be hyped anymore.
So they just nerfed jewels?

1) The types of jewels have different types of ailment mitigations. because ailment mitigations usually do nothing except at 100% it means you are disincentivised to mix and match regular and abyss jewels.

2) Attribute stacking unique jewels drop corrupted. This means you can't get a corrupt implicit on one, reducing their power, and removing an item progression step.

3) Conquerors efficiency is reduced chance of being found, and the corruption chace for it will be significantly harder

4) The survival instincts jewel that gave increased flask duration, which was build enabling, and in general useful for many levellers is possibly gone entirely...

Sounds like these are major jewel nerfs.
Last edited by whyBish on Nov 14, 2022, 5:23:51 PM
well they are more like nerfing everything else and putting the ailment avoidance on jewels to compensate. also removing implicits from most jewels by making them corrupt only, and also lowering the drop rate of jewels. nothing of this is a buff to anything
We already had a working solution for ailment immunity: harvest implicits.

With this change the mod pool on normal jewels just becomes more deluted.
Nice changes. Don't forget to save your money from microtransactions for the first 2 weeks in case archnem is released in the same state it has been for the past 2 leagues. They won't care about the league if 90% of the sales are preorders before people see the horrible balancing in practice.

Also loot in general is still.... not good. So reducing drop rates of build enabling unique jewels is probably another massive nerf.

Reworking the stats on jewels won't matter when monster are impossible to kill, drop almost nothing when killed, and will kill you in .5sec with a mirror investment. GG I don't have enough hopium for a proper fix for archnem and loot
Last edited by danielborders99 on Nov 14, 2022, 5:30:59 PM
I NEED that flask duration survival jewel. If that's removed, it bricks 3 of my MELEE builds.
Last edited by funplayer on Nov 14, 2022, 5:26:14 PM
Quite honestly, I'm not too excited for this change, at least for what one would expect to change.

Niche unique jewels that were dirt cheap and could be used to cheaply do niche builds might now become immensely more expensive because you need to vaal into them - that's just not a good solution in my opinion.

Replacing unique jewels from quest rewards with random rare ones could be okay, but so far the quest reward rares i've gotten from acts were SO bad compared to other drops one gets usually they're only useful for the links. So if you already got an item with good links, they were vendor trash (bad at that) in what feels like 99% of the cases - and that feels bad if you need the links but you gimp your stats for that. If rare jewels turn out the same way, I'd have preferred the unique ones, at least you knew exactly what you were getting that way.

Ailment mitigation being on abyss jewels feels a bit weird to me. How is e.g. "40% reduced freeze duration" gonna help if that still keeps you frozen for 1+ sec and you'll die regardless of it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info