3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

In short, Huge nerf to already near-unobtainable jewels.

Let's just call it what it is..
Of the 3 jewels that could drop that had any value but were very rare, they still drop but have been made even more rare now. any added jewels that are added as "chase item" might/will be even more rare. ( think mageblood rare ).

The line of destroying loot continue's it seems.

and the fanbase learned nothing of the last couple of months it seems.
( it's a buff!! POG.........)
Last edited by DemoNMasteR2486 on Nov 16, 2022, 10:38:40 AM
First ever Buff i see since 3.15 maybe GGG started to understand that Diablo 4 might be what path of exile player needed and are starting to make a move to please their player base
"
Azmoog01 wrote:
First ever Buff i see since 3.15 maybe GGG started to understand that Diablo 4 might be what path of exile player needed and are starting to make a move to please their player base

Lol this ain’t a buff, my guy. The only question to ask is, “Is this more RNG or less RNG?”

Yep this is more RNG. A nerf.
"
In short, Huge nerf to already near-unobtainable jewels.

Let's just call it what it is..
Of the 3 jewels that could drop that had any value but were very rare, they still drop but have been made even more rare now. any added jewels that are added as "chase item" might/will be even more rare. ( think mageblood rare ).

The line of destroying loot continue's it seems.

and the fanbase learned nothing of the last couple of months it seems.
( it's a buff!! POG.........)

I made a similar note of this change earlier in this forum post and it got removed for being "hateful or needlessly negative". The most charged language I used was that "this change is deceptive". Hope this feedback sticks around so it can be reflected upon later. I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong when the changes go live, that's only good for us!
Darn. So no more OP jewels with 4 damage mods and 1 implicit, but useful jewels are going to be more common. Oh well, its a trade off.
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
lllolll15 wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

Doubt they will change anything...things drop in bulks.
Alot of random crap has been removed, uniques fall less often.
All in all, its better..
even with reduced loot, then 3.19 has been extremely rewarding in loot.
So i dont see why a boot in loot would benefit the game ??

Define rewarding. I dont understand how this is better and rewarding. Spending hours of time a day farming and chasing the goblin? Picking every items and identify them? Nah,this is not rewarding.

Could print mageblood, squire, headhunter, unnatural instinct, etc everyday before 3.19. The player base numbers already reflect the situation. Many didn't like it. Not everybody can nolife and put 10hours a day to play poe.

Maybe for you dropping raw currency is more exciting but not for me and many other people.

The game became to easy..i guess that was the issue.
If you could get your hands on the best item, without puttin in hard work..then the game is certaintly to easy.
I dont get why youre bothered by the lower drop rates..for me it was refreshing. Felt like i was playing diablo 3, where things are basically
handed to you.

The game is harder now. But alot of ppl are still making/ getting the best item in the game in a short period of time. You just have to use different methods..You werent promissed that you could do your same old routine every single league.

To quote Barney Stinson - NEW IS ALWAYS BETTER -
Try and stay positive :-)

Easy for who? I play games for fun.
Old PoE was about freedom. Play skill what u want, make build what u want, do content what u want. Now? I say it here 100x times ... everyone just copy meta builds (more easy then use own brain ofc), use logout macros, trade macros, trade everything, buy currency for real money and more ...
So what is easy? There isnt option to play HC or SSF? Ppl want harder game? So dont use macros, dont use trade ... omfg. You have that choice. Why is HC playerbase stil lower? Many HC players run on SC just bcs incredible hard challenges for HC and casual player.
PoE today? Play meta build, buy top items and everything - challenges including.
And GGG solution? Make game still more and more harder for lower and lower casuals? So still more force to play content what u dont like, play builds/skills what u dont like, just for succes in league? Where in fun and diversity?
Ok, I am reading through that, and I feel this stir of optimism...
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~

The game became to easy..i guess that was the issue.
If you could get your hands on the best item, without puttin in hard work..then the game is certaintly to easy.
I dont get why youre bothered by the lower drop rates..for me it was refreshing. Felt like i was playing diablo 3, where things are basically
handed to you.

The game is harder now. But alot of ppl are still making/ getting the best item in the game in a short period of time. You just have to use different methods..You werent promissed that you could do your same old routine every single league.

To quote Barney Stinson - NEW IS ALWAYS BETTER -
Try and stay positive :-)[/quote]

Easy for who? I play games for fun.
Old PoE was about freedom. Play skill what u want, make build what u want, do content what u want. Now? I say it here 100x times ... everyone just copy meta builds (more easy then use own brain ofc), use logout macros, trade macros, trade everything, buy currency for real money and more ...
So what is easy? There isnt option to play HC or SSF? Ppl want harder game? So dont use macros, dont use trade ... omfg. You have that choice. Why is HC playerbase stil lower? Many HC players run on SC just bcs incredible hard challenges for HC and casual player.
PoE today? Play meta build, buy top items and everything - challenges including.
And GGG solution? Make game still more and more harder for lower and lower casuals? So still more force to play content what u dont like, play builds/skills what u dont like, just for succes in league? Where in fun and diversity? [/quote]

Is anyone forcing you to:

-play meta builds ?
-to buy currency for irl money?
-to do what everyone else is doing ?

the answer is NO.
POE is about freedom - play the skill you want, the class you want, do the content you want. Trade macros is just convinient, it is what it is.
Log out macros works like shit, ppl that use that often die anyway.
Why do you care if some ppl cant do anything besides copying whatever build they find on, lets say, poeninja?
No one if forcing you to do anything besides what you want.

I joined poe in 2016. Then game has evolved since then, it has to evolve, otherwise it will die out. Are all the changes of equal high quality, ofc not!
But the majority of changes are good -> in my opinion.

My message to you: Do what makes you happy, dont worry so much about everyone else.
Who is this for? Did unique jewels hurt someone? What makes them rigid in design? Just slap some %fire damage onto Fireborn and stop lying to us... Why can't this company just leave some things alone? Why only apply this philosophy to unique jewels instead of all unique items? What's the point of all of this fluff change?

Also for the LAST time, stop putting stuff in the CORE drop pool and calling them CHASE items! It's NOT a CHASE item if it's impossible to know who you gotta CHASE to get it!
Problem:
People even post-mana reservation nerf try to run more than 2 auras.
Solution:
Let's take out Conqueror's Efficiency so the only way for them to do is cluster jewels, we will delete them later on too after EXTENSIVE TESTING.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info