3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Buff melee

Remove archnemes ( really no fun )

News craft options

& LOOT ??? ( the most important for all of us )

Well sounds like this doesn't change much, I just hope the new "rarity" isn't as absurd as some of last leagues changes. So far kind of unimpressed.
Interpreted generously, this is no incredible buff, and after... well, just about every league past Ultimatum, I have good reason to believe that my vision of a "fun, good game" and GGG's vision of it are fundamentally at odds, so a generous interpretation seems naive.

But perhaps even the most pessimistic reading of the text as-is is still too optimistic: after last league's Harvest and loot changes, why should I trust even the most pessimistic interpretation of anything said here to be "as bad as it could possibly be"? It seems that GGG knows that what players like me like want and what they want for the game are at odds, and will attempt to deceive me by lies of omission.
Last edited by TheKumquatThaumaturge on Nov 14, 2022, 5:34:28 PM
The changes to add reduced ailment effect to rare jewels mean nothing when an archnem monster still gives you a 40% shock when you have 100% reduced effect.
Last edited by MtNak on Nov 14, 2022, 5:01:58 PM
oh boy i wonder if all the other changes are in the same vein as this manifesto.

"Fixing" non-issues and imaginary problems instead of actually dealing with real game issues. Then proposing RNG and gambling as a solution to said problems.

Classic GGG
"
JetBent wrote:

& LOOT ??? ( the most important for all of us )

well Jewels are loot so that got addressed here .. so u will find a lot less of em
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
What is going to happen to threshold jewels?

Those were often necessary items for builds that underperformed greatly. Dual Strike is in a terrible place but at least Might and Influence gives it some strength, if that jewel now becomes expensive, what's the point of making such niche builds?

Generally, one of the reason for making niche build is that you could get away with a cheaper overall cost because nobody used the items. Now you're making niche builds have rare and costly items just to still be overall mediocre?

There are tons of edge cases of builds relying on jewels to function, you are further destroying creative space for builds within a budget. This is a decision you guys made to enable those skills.

I don't get it GGG.
this is a nerf, dont even try and hide it. Nerf round 1 of 5 complete....
Meh. Would've preferred harvest implicits back
A little hope before the cope....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info