3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

all players waiting for just one thing:

what will be the loot mechanism? Will this nonsense continue?
"
These quest rewards now offer a random Rare Jewel. Because the rewards are not static like the unique Jewels were, they may have a better chance of being useful to the receiver or something that may be valuable to trade to others. At the very least, they should be less predictable.

Let's be clear, rare items have never been exciting or good rewards in PoE, we're getting the very least here. The other jewels as quest rewards were sometimes useful.

This is a nerf, a big big big nerf.
"An example of this is the Fireborn Crimson Jewel. It has no values that we could increase to make it more useful; it simply changes the damage type within a radius which has very limited opportunities for use. Any improvements we could make to this Jewel would have to fundamentally change its identity and would therefore essentially remove the Jewel in its current form from Path of Exile."

Yes, because giving it something like "+30% Increased Fire Damage" or increasing its radius to Large would reduce its identity to atoms. Fml, they actually think we're all 60IQ and below.
Remove loot goblins where?
Cool how u say it's best for us to add another mod on jewel so it will be much harder to roll what we really want.
And instead of boosting uniq jewels u remove them. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Nov 14, 2022, 3:12:43 PM
Sounds promising

Have 0 confidence the team wont fined a way to vishion it up though

lets hope I'm just being a pessimist
meh
Honestly, the only thing I parsed from this manifesto was "We've added more randomness to obtain jewels you want to use."

I realize some are recipes, and some are now chase (i.e. impossible to find, easy to buy.)
started out good for me with the ailment stuff but dont think i have enough confidence in you to not screw it up somehow with the latter. hope i am wrong i guess.
"No wonder it's lost.. its in the middle of the jungle!"
More loot nerfs thats what this is, great.
Unique Vaal'd Jewels can't roll Implicit mods and some unique Jewels are only a result of a Vaal roll now.

I don't know tbh has an air of "these changes are more for Ruthless" about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info