3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Remove shield meta. Don't waste time on anything else.

People are not quitting because of jewels or ailments.
Last edited by Tcharq on Nov 14, 2022, 3:28:41 PM
Nice one!
4 meme jewels sold, Harvest
This is terrible.
So what I'm hearing is the few useful jewels like unnatural instinct is going to be as rare as HH and the general way most people get CB immunity which is useful but super common unique jewels is going to get shafted. The idea of making more unique jewels meaningful sounds great but after recent changes I feel like I can only see the draw backs and the upside is much smaller.

Also the story had a lot of really useful unique jewels that can't drop and just having them removed or something you can't count on for something as worthless as a random rare seems messed up. Just because something is unique doesn't mean it isn't special just because a quest rewards it. That is what makes it unique that you can only get it from the quest which is what makes it unique worthy.
"
Wow. Love this change. Seems along the lines of a 'buff' if you can even call it that, definitely a move in the right direction. Hoping new jewel drops aren't too too rare...

I'm now more hopeful for the future balance manifestos. Keep it up, GGG! #MakeWraeclastGreatAgain

I agree! #MaWGA
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
lol
[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support] dilute the mod pool because you hated rerolling implicits with harvest, kill build diversity with less jewels to pick from and undocument changes to make players find out for themselves? neat.
Every unique jewel better be unnatural instinct tier of good to balance this out

inb4: solution, unnatural instinct was feeling too mandatory for certain builds so we reworked it. It now provides 0.1 dex str and int per level
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░ le toucan ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░░░░░░░has ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░░░░ been trade muted ░░░░░░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Nov 14, 2022, 4:01:21 PM
PROBLEM Most unique jewels are bad.
SOLUTION Buffing them so they're worth.

GGG's SOLUTION Removing them :D AAAAND, make the already good ones even more rare to get.

Nice! thats why i stopped playing this.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
What if I don\t want ailment mitigation on my jewels? Am I out of luck because the pool is diluted and I cant harvest spam them as much as before on account of the mechanic getting severely worse in terms of how many crafts we get per encounter?

What about builds that, for example, used a lot of attribute transforming jewels and no other ones, and those attribute jewels were their sole source of corrupted blood immunity? Are we just unable to get CB attribute jewels due to them being corruption only?

With attribute jewels being corruption only, we now have some desirable outcomes in the "corrupted into unique" jewel pool again. Does that mean the odds of getting a unique jewel through corrupting a non-unique one have been made worse?

What about the good, build enabling jewels that were common? Can I no longer expect to see a Seething Fury in my gameplay due to it becoming far harder to obtain/far rarer due to the combination of unique jewels becoming less common and acquisition rate of uniques being significantly reduced in 3.19?
Will the 1-5 chaos jewel that let my shield attack build do decent damage before putting in a significant amount of investment become part of the necessary significant investment?

I'm less concerned about what the manifesto says, and more more about what meaningful information is omitted from it.

It is extremely difficult to look at the future of the game with optimism given Your recent choices, as well as ones that followed them.
The foundation that was laid out for skepticism is rather unshakable, which is why I'm disappointed by the ambiguity and the decision to not open the 3.20 spoiler season with something more obviously positive.
Thank you Kamil Orman Janowski, Michael James Collier, and Armin van Buuren for the impeccable soundtrack. The game would not be the same without you!
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
PROBLEM Most unique jewels are bad.
SOLUTION Buffing them so they're worth.

GGG's SOLUTION Removing them :D AAAAND, make the already good ones even more rare to get.

Nice! thats why i stopped playing this.

200% agreed, this is just butchery not buffs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info