3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

replacing useful jewels in the acts with alch shards from the trash rare jewel, good job!
..lol?

ailments - most people here dont understand the effect of this change:

'reduced duration/effect' is ~USELESS stat. you need FAR more than 100% for it to WORK. 100% reduced shock effect is NOT the same as 'unaffected by shock'

i bet youll need THREE rolls on a jewel to reduce ONE ailment fully.
same stuff for duration. chill duration = 0 != unaffected by chill
people happy for this change wont ever use it.

the only stat that matters is 100%+ AVOIDANCE. and this is one of 145 mods on an abyss jewel with weight of 5 :) good luck.

oh and btw - forget unique jewels exist. count how many have you dropped in a week in 3.19, divide that by 20. you want Magma Orb threshold jewel? here, 15div :) are you having fun? no? why?

nerf to attribute conversion jewels is pretty much removal not nerf. on one hand - it is good, attribute stacking is out of control, on the other hand.. there are far more elegant solutions (like removing synth implicit that for some dumb reason roll sick %increases)

ailments: NERF
item availability: NERF

farm more, play longer, ruthless is good for you
"
Kanye_West wrote:
"
Ravagraid wrote:

I have, but if there's gonna be a LOT less unique jewels to spam vaals on AND the amount of outcomes will have a greatly increased amount of -transforming into another gem, I can see scarcity driving up the prices by a lot. It's just another thing that raises the entry bar for the more casual players.

things like cheap energy from withins to boost people's builds will also be a thing of the past (if it's even allowed to stay)

We'd have to see how the amounts that drop and what stays looks first but, I don't really see that much of a net positive.

Rare jewels can turn unique from corruption, I'm assuming that still applies.

yeah but nobody's gonna spam hundreds of vaals on hundreds of shit rares to try and get decent unique jewels. There's simply better value in using them elsewhere.

Which from the looks of it will be hitting the rare few uncorrupted unique jewels that'll drop that aren't worth selling
Does this change any of the div cards that give unique jewels, or are those still unchanged?
I dunno 3.19 was pretty much dookie It's kinda hard to expect good things from this really.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
ArtaEva wrote:
Really good change (especially build enabling like Combat Focus/Primordials), interesting how it will come out and affect game.

Hope that Ghastly jewels will have mitigation rolls for minions as well. (especially Corrupted Blood). PLEASE (Hoping for as corruption outcome of Vaal orbs. X cannot be inflicted to you, instead will have you and minions wording.)

Neither way, will be interesting to see what 3.20 will have for player enjoyment =).

I feel like a lot of people whinging here missed this stuff. or they don't understand how mechanics work.
I am not sure abt that last change ...
Random rare jewels almost never been better than the unique ones given by quests when it comes to adding or fixing an interaction in a build.
if a rare jewel doesn't have %life + %dmg its gonna be even less desirable than the old unique ones.
Don't get baited guy. These are all nerfs
Interested to see exactly what jewels have been removed, but overall this all seems really good! I am a little worried that now there will be a constant power struggle between damage mods and defense mods on jewels. Overall happy to see some changes that sound interesting and I am very excited to see more!
As an experienced player i'd say that i agree that unique stuff should matter when drops and that all of these changes are nerfs to players at the same time.

I wouldn't mind them if you would tone down the monsters, like substantially.

Also, like Sidtherat mentioned, why ruining even more fun in the process of making changes?
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Nov 14, 2022, 3:12:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info