[3.19] 🔨⚡ Trickster 1-button Lightning Conduit! (Mjolner CWC) ⚡🔨 | 5-15m sDPS - Pinnacles melt!

"
primaeva wrote:
UPDATE:

When fiddling with the Inquisitor I realised just how much the Attack Speed vs Cast speed discrepancy matters.

Having too much attack speed brings the number of times Arc/Shock Nova applies shock to like, 2, when our LC is firing 3x a second.

This is a 50% decrease in potential DPS.

This is also why adding Galvanic Field feels so good = it ticks on the boss at full efficiency and lies outside of the restrictions.

I apologize to everyone for not investigating this relationship further and will come up with some charts / solutions on how to min/max this part. Any assistance will also be greatly appreciated.

Also, I want to reiterate, if you have like 50+ Div to blow, absolutely roll Inquis, the damage potential is just way higher.

NEW RESEARCH GOAL:
Spoiler

What is the most efficient way to bring up the trigger rate of Arc/Shock Nova so that it matches the CWC cooldown on Conduit?

Also, maybe something like Ball Lightning (which hits multiple times independently of proc) will work better?

Storm Call + Cascade??

Bruh... I alrdy spent like 25 divs on the trickster..
if at some point i want to swap to inq, the items are almost the same right? i see the timeless jewel for inq is not corrupted soul, why is that?
Last edited by BasedDong on Sep 14, 2022, 11:41:41 AM
"
BasedDong wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
UPDATE:

When fiddling with the Inquisitor I realised just how much the Attack Speed vs Cast speed discrepancy matters.

Having too much attack speed brings the number of times Arc/Shock Nova applies shock to like, 2, when our LC is firing 3x a second.

This is also why adding Galvanic Field feels so good = it ticks on the boss at full efficiency and lies outside of the restrictions.

I apologize to everyone for not investigating this relationship further and will come up with some charts / solutions on how to min/max this part. Any assistance will also be greatly appreciated.

Also, I want to reiterate, if you have like 50+ Div to blow, absolutely roll Inquis, the damage potential is just way higher.

NEW RESEARCH GOAL:
Spoiler

What is the most efficient way to bring up the trigger rate of Arc/Shock Nova so that it matches the CWC cooldown on Conduit?

Also, maybe something like Ball Lightning (which hits multiple times independently of proc) will work better?

Storm Call + Cascade??

Bruh... I alrdy spent like 25 divs on the trickster..

Well, you'll be glad to know with anything less than 50-60 div the Inquis is straight up worse. Polymath restore, ES overleech, One Step Ahead made me forget I was playing PoE.

The Inquisitor absolutely dishes out the damage but at grave cost to survivability / QoL.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Erikthethird wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
UPDATE:

NEW RESEARCH GOAL:
Spoiler

Storm Call + Cascade??

There is a guy named RicoKGB that used to do Mjolner builds with all sorts of ascendancys for multiple years, from patch 2.x all the way to 3.1x i know he did alot of research on how to balance cyclone attack speed with Mjolner and CDR, back when it was played as Arc/Discharge before GGG killed trigger Discharge, i know it might not translate exactly into Conduit cast speed calculations since its so new, but maybe you can find some info in one of his old threads that could be helpful, this is one of them: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362 - theres a section named About target APS for Cyclone.

Holy crap, thank you. This will save a lot of pain.

In theory at least the change in ASPD vs Cast Speed nodes was critical. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLDDD47p6U8

And then, realise that that was a 44% less damage taken from Criticals map - and I didn't RF.
ignore my crap in the spoiler

Spoiler
EDIT: i found a COC APS/CDR calculator, where you can play around:

https://www.geogebra.org/m/nzz5cc9e

we surpass the breakpoint at about 4 aps, so i think we wanna be a bit below 7.5 aps (0,13)

Edit Edit:

7.4 aps 0% CDR = 3.7 Novas
4.2 aps 9% CDR = 3.7 Novas
4.9 aps 27% CDR = 4.9 Novas

I dont think we need maximum trigger rate, but optimal trigger rate for LC

Edit³:

Awakened CWC has 0.3 sec CD, which would translate to approx 3.33 casts/sec
with 7.0 aps (0.14 attack time) and 0% CDR we get about 3.5 novas / sec, but i have no idea, if this leaves too much or too little time for server ticks

Edit 4:

I think i got it - you calculate Novas/Arcs per second and use the cast rate as attackspeed for a second calculation with your CWC cooldown:

with 0% CDR and lvl 5 ACWC
5.8 aps 0.25 CD = 2.9 Novas/Arcs per second
2.9 Novas/Arcs per second = 2.9 LC Triggers per second

EDIT: Cast while channeling doesnt work with cooldown recovery rate. It can only be used to optimise Mjölnir cooldown with attackspeed

see https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

Example:
COC CD: on gem 150 ms / Tickrate 33ms
150/33=4.5
33ms x 5 full ticks= 165 ms

1000ms / 165 ms = 6,06 aps - this lines up with the reddit post :D

MjölnirCD: 8x33ms = 264 ms
ACWC LVL5: 9x33ms = 330 ms

1000 ms / 264 ms = 3.78 aps or 7.56 aps to maximize Mjölnir trigger rate.
1000 ms / 330 ms = 3,03 aps to ensure that every Mjölnir proc is followed by a LC proc

If we get one or two Ticks off the Mjölnir CD with CDR Gear it would improve the arc trigger rate and possibly shift the asp closer to to the inflated asp of trickster.

Mjölnir CD: 7x33ms = 231 ms
1000 ms / 231 ms = 4.32 aps (Breakpoint around 9% CDR)

Mjölnir CD: 6x33ms = 198 ms
1000ms / 198 ms = 5.05 aps (breakpoint around 27% CDR)

Last edited by Gamingtwink on Sep 14, 2022, 6:23:01 PM
Why did you change corrupted soul for eternal youth tho?
"
BasedDong wrote:

Timeless keystones arent displayed on the passive tree of the official website.
"
Gamingtwink wrote:
ignore my crap in the spoiler

Spoiler
EDIT: i found a COC APS/CDR calculator, where you can play around:

https://www.geogebra.org/m/nzz5cc9e

we surpass the breakpoint at about 4 aps, so i think we wanna be a bit below 7.5 aps (0,13)

Edit Edit:

7.4 aps 0% CDR = 3.7 Novas
4.2 aps 9% CDR = 3.7 Novas
4.9 aps 27% CDR = 4.9 Novas

I dont think we need maximum trigger rate, but optimal trigger rate for LC

Edit³:

Awakened CWC has 0.3 sec CD, which would translate to approx 3.33 casts/sec
with 7.0 aps (0.14 attack time) and 0% CDR we get about 3.5 novas / sec, but i have no idea, if this leaves too much or too little time for server ticks

Edit 4:

I think i got it - you calculate Novas/Arcs per second and use the cast rate as attackspeed for a second calculation with your CWC cooldown:

with 0% CDR and lvl 5 ACWC
5.8 aps 0.25 CD = 2.9 Novas/Arcs per second
2.9 Novas/Arcs per second = 2.9 LC Triggers per second

EDIT: Cast while channeling doesnt work with cooldown recovery rate. It can only be used to optimise Mjölnir cooldown with attackspeed

see https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

Example:
COC CD: on gem 150 ms / Tickrate 33ms
150/33=4.5
33ms x 5 full ticks= 165 ms

1000ms / 165 ms = 6,06 aps - this lines up with the reddit post :D

MjölnirCD: 8x33ms = 264 ms
ACWC LVL5: 9x33ms = 330 ms

1000 ms / 264 ms = 3.78 aps or 7.56 aps to maximize Mjölnir trigger rate.
1000 ms / 330 ms = 3,03 aps to ensure that every Mjölnir proc is followed by a LC proc

If we get one or two Ticks off the Mjölnir CD with CDR Gear it would improve the arc trigger rate and possibly shift the asp closer to to the inflated asp of trickster.

Mjölnir CD: 7x33ms = 231 ms
1000 ms / 231 ms = 4.32 aps (Breakpoint around 9% CDR)

Mjölnir CD: 6x33ms = 198 ms
1000ms / 198 ms = 5.05 aps (breakpoint around 27% CDR)

Hmm I got a bit lost in those last two lines - isn't going for 3.03 APS the best case scenario here so it's completely synced or only desynced once ever, say, 10 cycles? (fewest skips)

Or is that only possible if we had DECREASED cooldown reduction that made Mjolner trigger as close to 0.3 as possible?

(A 3.03 APS with 100% accuracy would seem to work best as, while the Mjolner is ready to go again every 0.25 sec, the attack doesn't come in till 0.04/0.05 later, allowing for a "syncing" for the next 25 cycles when the 0.01 desync costs you a LC proc.)
"
BasedDong wrote:

Hey yeah, I rolled an Inquis version too and lifted the gear off the Trickster, so if you're just looking at the char page, you're going to get outdated information.

You can check out the Inquis but the TL;DR is - a TON more damage, but SO many more deaths. I barely die on Trickster even in ultra-juiced maps. I didn't realise how much the Polymath keeps you pretty invincible. And HOW GOOD is One Step Ahead, it's a mini temp chains.

I think we made the right call to start this build off Trickster for the first 60 div or so, then once you have the money to fling at individualslots, Inquisitor is bearable to play. I can see budget inquisitors just dying to a stiff breeze in juiced content.

EDIT: That said, the Inquis is pretty strong against Ubers because passive recovery beats out having to overleech.
Last edited by primaeva on Sep 14, 2022, 11:52:30 PM
"
primaeva wrote:

Hmm I got a bit lost in those last two lines - isn't going for 3.03 APS the best case scenario here so it's completely synced or only desynced once ever, say, 10 cycles? (fewest skips)

Or is that only possible if we had DECREASED cooldown reduction that made Mjolner trigger as close to 0.3 as possible?

(A 3.03 APS with 100% accuracy would seem to work best as, while the Mjolner is ready to go again every 0.25 sec, the attack doesn't come in till 0.04/0.05 later, allowing for a "syncing" for the next 25 cycles when the 0.01 desync costs you a LC proc.)

I think you want to be between 3.03 and 3.78 aps. if you optimise for mjölnir and ignore LC you will always have shocked enemies for LC to hit.

CWC triggers constantly and doesnt care, if the previous trigger missed. So bad attackspeed cannot cascade LC casts out of control. If you have bad attackspeed rates you cascade Mjölnir trigger below the desired trigger rate for LC DPS, because there are no shocked enemies. This means we only have to focus on good Mjölnir trigger rate and can ignore Conduit for the sake of optimal aps.

the last two CDR lines:

As trickster with cyclone you overshoot the breakpoint at 3.03 aps to 3.78 aps. So i tried to see what other breakpoints are possibly in range.

also: i took the values for the required CDR from a sheet in my spoiler, that calculates with the stated cdr (250 ms) so take those with a grain of salt. it may be off by a few %.

EDIT:
i think it may also be good to have a bossing mjölnir without onslaught, because it pushes you into a very bad asp if active xD
Last edited by Gamingtwink on Sep 15, 2022, 3:26:44 PM
It is what it is: this build is squishy af at least for the "cheaper budget" Versions. Even with a 10k healthpool you get constantly oneshotted from everywhere. I know thats the signature of this league but it sucks.

Also with the budget (lol) Version you barely can do Bosses. T14 Mapbosses are already not easy, T16 are rippy but doable.

And I write that after spending countless hour of playing POE in the past. Playing since Beta and got several 40 challenges. So dont blame it on my playstyle ;)

This builds mapping is fun though but only to the point when you dont want to level more and dont care about using 4 out of 6 portals every juiced map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info