[3.19] 🔨⚡ Trickster 1-button Lightning Conduit! (Mjolner CWC) ⚡🔨 | 5-15m sDPS - Pinnacles melt!

"
leifus44 wrote:
I like the build alot, but i seem to die a bunch aswell useally from Consuming Thrall mob or whatever their called. Its prob me being bad tho.

Is there by any chance anything we could change to be a bit more tanky without really losing to much dmg?

Tried to get more chaos resist via the mirror rings since i did not really have any to useful stats on them before. I also think i have invested quite abit into it by now.

Anyways keep it up man, might switch to inquisitor if its a big difference.

Aw dang, you have really decent gear and even a sick recoup ring. And even Defiance Banner. I think Life + Str rings are the important choice (since one ring can give over 200 life easily this league but the resurgence of LS Prototype builds probably have driven them up a bit since the guide was made. :/

The Thralls throw out massive lightning damage so gibbing them before they gib you is probably the first layer of "defence"

As for second - making sure armour is up during mapping at all times is key, it's our stand-in for lightning res. A granite with a % increased armour roll is going to do a lot for you (and at low price) and is really cheap. It's easily twice the effect of a Defiance Banner.

Failing which, pathing down to the ES/Armour nodes that also reduce crit damage taken (Sanctum of Thought?) could well be worth saccing some DPS for since you already have Prototype going. Try dropping the entire ES leech cluster to get the points. Then spec into that node that gives you 120% armour while not on Low ES.

This should give you a massive, massive survivability boost from ~500 more ES, and a buttload more armour and crit damage reduction. Swing by and pick up Divine Shield too, that will make up for some loss of ES leech.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Sep 15, 2022, 4:56:10 PM
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Fendi_Gucci wrote:
Looking for some tips.

I'm comfortably doing red maps, aside from ele reflect / no leech / no shock map mods etc. On single target it's a bit low on dps and mana sustain, and it's bad vs big physical slams. I feel like there's something I'm overlooking on itemization or passives.

I started as self cast Arc+Galv and switched to this build pretty smoothly, so I'm playing it as a low life ev/suppress trickster instead of the life/armor inquisitor etc. I'm a long way away from 20-50 divs to fully respec to the doryani prototype version, otherwise not sure what can be changed easily.

Yeah, single target kind of blows before prototype.

- First thing is to check the CWC vs cast speed thresholds to ensure you're not firing LC only twice a second.

- Second: Do what you need to do to sustain RF comfortably on bosses. This means: Larger life/ES pools, Vaal Pact and shifting the leech mastery over to ES, etc.

- Third: Using Ano Shock Nova + Unbound Ailments to cap shock effect if you can't already.

- Fourth: Placing the enemy in your Vortex is huge as it "double dips" (they take more Arc/Shock Nova damage, the shock is bigger, the LC both hits harder and gets scaled harder by the bigger shock.

- Fifth: Sacrificing CWDT etc for the ultimate cheese DPS steroid - a 6 link Galvanic Field in the helmet (using a 6L++ Helmet to drop a massive Galvanic Field that functions like a big DoT. You only need to pop this on juiced essence mobs or map bosses).

Hope that helps!

Finally the sixth is me sorting out the Attack Speed vs Cast Speed shtick that could be destroying this build's DPS, rip. :/

EDIT: Re mana sustain - you have Conduit on Lifetap right? The build shouldn't really be ooming that badly if Lifetap is being used, since the Mjolner spell is free.

Thanks, so:

1. Pretty sure I'm at the right cast speed, unless being too fast is bad too, and I'm popping vaal haste

2. I don't know what gem I'd take out for vaal rf, but I think I can sustain it since I have so much overleech

3. Yep max shock consistently with arc except some bosses, but can try nova

4. Running hextouch galv not the vortex and algors, unless I missed something in pob it looked like similar dps

5. I didn't realize those helms were that cheap, I might give it a shot and see if the higher galv dmg is better than my curse/cull

And I'm at 10% life unres so lifetap would be even less sustain than my mana+clarity etc
"
Fendi_Gucci wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Fendi_Gucci wrote:
Looking for some tips.

I'm comfortably doing red maps, aside from ele reflect / no leech / no shock map mods etc. On single target it's a bit low on dps and mana sustain, and it's bad vs big physical slams. I feel like there's something I'm overlooking on itemization or passives.

I started as self cast Arc+Galv and switched to this build pretty smoothly, so I'm playing it as a low life ev/suppress trickster instead of the life/armor inquisitor etc. I'm a long way away from 20-50 divs to fully respec to the doryani prototype version, otherwise not sure what can be changed easily.

Yeah, single target kind of blows before prototype.

- First thing is to check the CWC vs cast speed thresholds to ensure you're not firing LC only twice a second.

- Second: Do what you need to do to sustain RF comfortably on bosses. This means: Larger life/ES pools, Vaal Pact and shifting the leech mastery over to ES, etc.

- Third: Using Ano Shock Nova + Unbound Ailments to cap shock effect if you can't already.

- Fourth: Placing the enemy in your Vortex is huge as it "double dips" (they take more Arc/Shock Nova damage, the shock is bigger, the LC both hits harder and gets scaled harder by the bigger shock.

- Fifth: Sacrificing CWDT etc for the ultimate cheese DPS steroid - a 6 link Galvanic Field in the helmet (using a 6L++ Helmet to drop a massive Galvanic Field that functions like a big DoT. You only need to pop this on juiced essence mobs or map bosses).

Hope that helps!

Finally the sixth is me sorting out the Attack Speed vs Cast Speed shtick that could be destroying this build's DPS, rip. :/

EDIT: Re mana sustain - you have Conduit on Lifetap right? The build shouldn't really be ooming that badly if Lifetap is being used, since the Mjolner spell is free.

Thanks, so:

1. Pretty sure I'm at the right cast speed, unless being too fast is bad too, and I'm popping vaal haste

2. I don't know what gem I'd take out for vaal rf, but I think I can sustain it since I have so much overleech

3. Yep max shock consistently with arc except some bosses, but can try nova

4. Running hextouch galv not the vortex and algors, unless I missed something in pob it looked like similar dps

5. I didn't realize those helms were that cheap, I might give it a shot and see if the higher galv dmg is better than my curse/cull

And I'm at 10% life unres so lifetap would be even less sustain than my mana+clarity etc

Hmmm Vaal Haste may actually make the problem worse. We've recently started research on how to balance attack speed vs cast speed - at too high attack-speed intervals the proc rate of the LC actually nosedives. I have to make a calculator for this but that will have to wait until the weekend, I'm swamped at work.

TL;DR check the Mjolner spell in "Calcs" of PoB and see the realistic trigger rate, at too-high attack speeds the trigger actually dipped to almost 2 flat, which means a 50% DPS loss from 3 times a second ("syncing" with the CWC).

With Algor's, you need to check "Enemy is in Chilling Area" for you to notice the damage - and do note that Sap is also a fake fortify that's nice to have. It's also larger than the PoB shows because PoB assumes your target is shocked all the time - it isn't, so Cyclone and Arc/Shock Nova are actually hitting for less than the PoB amount. Enemy in Chilling Area, however, is always applied to all of your hits.

But ultimately, low-life does have a damage potential cap relative to Doryani's :<

(by the way when I meant sustain RF, i meant RF itself (40%), not VRF (20%).
Do you know a good way to check/test the trigger rate of mjölner ingame?

My asp should now be slightly below the breakpoint. (slightly below my own calculation and slightly below the results in this sheet https://www.geogebra.org/m/nzz5cc9e)

https://pobb.in/vwEybH8cVSab
"
primaeva wrote:

Hmmm Vaal Haste may actually make the problem worse. We've recently started research on how to balance attack speed vs cast speed - at too high attack-speed intervals the proc rate of the LC actually nosedives. I have to make a calculator for this but that will have to wait until the weekend, I'm swamped at work.

TL;DR check the Mjolner spell in "Calcs" of PoB and see the realistic trigger rate, at too-high attack speeds the trigger actually dipped to almost 2 flat, which means a 50% DPS loss from 3 times a second ("syncing" with the CWC).

With Algor's, you need to check "Enemy is in Chilling Area" for you to notice the damage - and do note that Sap is also a fake fortify that's nice to have. It's also larger than the PoB shows because PoB assumes your target is shocked all the time - it isn't, so Cyclone and Arc/Shock Nova are actually hitting for less than the PoB amount. Enemy in Chilling Area, however, is always applied to all of your hits.

But ultimately, low-life does have a damage potential cap relative to Doryani's :<

(by the way when I meant sustain RF, i meant RF itself (40%), not VRF (20%).

Gotcha, well I'll wait to see if the attack/cast speed stuff changes before I do anything haha.

And yep afaik I had all the chilled/shocked pob settings correct, overlooked sapped for ehp. Will have to test out rf/vrf in the meantime
Last edited by Fendi_Gucci on Sep 15, 2022, 6:43:26 PM
Guys, I'm releasing a massively updated version of the baseline 5 div build. This doesn't solve Skin of the Lords being super expensive (just run a different SoTL as outlined in the post, or a rare ES or Eva/ES chest) but it makes the build MUCH tankier - you now come close to 12k hit pool with Divine Shield - and has comparable DPS, while having a buttload more armour.

https://pastebin.com/UryK0bkJ

Will update main post soon, my lunch hour is just over!
"
primaeva wrote:
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
It is what it is: this build is squishy af at least for the "cheaper budget" Versions. Even with a 10k healthpool you get constantly oneshotted from everywhere. I know thats the signature of this league but it sucks.

Also with the budget (lol) Version you barely can do Bosses. T14 Mapbosses are already not easy, T16 are rippy but doable.

And I write that after spending countless hour of playing POE in the past. Playing since Beta and got several 40 challenges. So dont blame it on my playstyle ;)

This builds mapping is fun though but only to the point when you dont want to level more and dont care about using 4 out of 6 portals every juiced map.

I could give less a hoot about 40 challenges every league - I pointed out to you in a previous post that you did a piss-poor implementation of transitioning (using ES-less gear on a class with literal ES overleech, among other sins). Of -course- a character is going to feel squishy if you build it wrong. [Removed by Support]

And I did upgraded all of it and ended to have better gear in every slot than your POB for 10+ Divines. Still kept dying.
And your insults doesnt change the fact that this build got flaws in defense. If you tell the ppl opposite its just not fair.
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
It is what it is: this build is squishy af at least for the "cheaper budget" Versions. Even with a 10k healthpool you get constantly oneshotted from everywhere. I know thats the signature of this league but it sucks.

Also with the budget (lol) Version you barely can do Bosses. T14 Mapbosses are already not easy, T16 are rippy but doable.

And I write that after spending countless hour of playing POE in the past. Playing since Beta and got several 40 challenges. So dont blame it on my playstyle ;)

This builds mapping is fun though but only to the point when you dont want to level more and dont care about using 4 out of 6 portals every juiced map.

I could give less a hoot about 40 challenges every league - I pointed out to you in a previous post that you did a piss-poor implementation of transitioning (using ES-less gear on a class with literal ES overleech, among other sins). Of -course- a character is going to feel squishy if you build it wrong. [Removed by Support]

And I did upgraded all of it and ended to have better gear in every slot than your POB for 10+ Divines. Still kept dying.
And your insults doesnt change the fact that this build got flaws in defense. If you tell the ppl opposite its just not fair.

My only request was for you to upload videos so we can see where we can help you. This has been done multiple times in the past across various threads and the outcome is always favourable.

I understand that not everyone can be bothered with that process, but I literally had people running triple phys added crit mult maps and then saying the build was squishy.

There's too little information for anyone to diagnose exactly why you are having difficulties in maps. Some accounts here say it is decently tanky, others reply they're being clapped - and then it turns out it's by Lightning Damage, which always has been core to Doryani Prototype.

In view of the very limited information you provided me, saying "don't blame it on my playstyle" is the most self-entitled thing I've heard in 20+ pages of this thread. Imagine thinking challenges equate to experience at all - it just means you flung a bunch of currency or time at the game.

We're not blaming it on your playstyle, we want to diagnose the sentiment.
Last edited by primaeva on Sep 16, 2022, 7:08:42 AM
"
primaeva wrote:

My only request was for you to upload videos so we can see where we can help you. This has been done multiple times in the past across various threads and the outcome is always favourable.

I understand that not everyone can be bothered with that process, but I literally had people running triple phys added crit mult maps and then saying the build was squishy.

There's too little information for anyone to diagnose exactly why you are having difficulties in maps. Some accounts here say it is decently tanky, others reply they're being clapped - and then it turns out it's by Lightning Damage, which always has been core to Doryani Prototype.

In view of the very limited information you provided me, saying "don't blame it on my playstyle" is the most self-entitled thing I've heard in 20+ pages of this thread. Imagine thinking challenges equate to experience at all - it just means you flung a bunch of currency or time at the game.

We're not blaming it on your playstyle, we want to diagnose the sentiment.

Its all good. I already stripped the toon for mental health reasons. Anyway: thx for your willing to help. Over the many years I came to the conclusion: not every build('s playstyle) is for everyone suitable. Better to realize that sooner than later.
Yah, maybe it was a bit hasty to say the build is squishy, but well for me it felt like.
On a side note: I was very carefully watching the mods on the map. That was not the reason.

Thx again for ur time, appreciate it
Today i found out, that action speed is not calculated ingame in tooltip attacks per second - check your attackspeed in pob xD

EDIT:

This means trickster has to go for 6.8-8 aps in path of building, because soul drinker lifts our aps above the first breakpoint.

The first breakpoint would be around 3.1-3.7 aps and you may need to keep in mind that an onslaught corrupt on the weapon skews your trigger rate while clearing :P

9% CDR increases the breakpoint from 3.7 to 4.2 aps

alternatively trickster can increase the breakpoint from 3.7 aps to 4.9 aps by getting 27% CDR

Reminder: CDR works with Mjölner, but not with cast while channeling
this was calculated, to have a higher trigger rate than lvl5 ACWC:

MjölnirCD: 8x33ms = 264 ms
ACWC LVL5: 9x33ms = 330 ms

1000 ms / 264 ms = 3.78 aps or 7.56 aps to maximize Mjölnir trigger rate.
1000 ms / 330 ms = 3,03 aps to ensure that every LC proc is matched by at least 1 LC proc

Sources:

Spoiler
you can play with the sheet to see how things look graphically. But im too bad at math to spot, where the sheet calculates, that poe servers only count things every 33 ms. See the coc guide link for detailed info on how things work.

Reminder: CDR works with Mjölner, but not with cast while channeling

https://www.geogebra.org/m/nzz5cc9e

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/
Last edited by Gamingtwink on Sep 16, 2022, 12:24:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info