[3.19] 🔨⚡ Trickster 1-button Lightning Conduit! (Mjolner CWC) ⚡🔨 | 5-15m sDPS - Pinnacles melt!

I like the build alot, but i seem to die a bunch aswell useally from Consuming Thrall mob or whatever their called. Its prob me being bad tho.

Is there by any chance anything we could change to be a bit more tanky without really losing to much dmg?

Tried to get more chaos resist via the mirror rings since i did not really have any to useful stats on them before. I also think i have invested quite abit into it by now.

Anyways keep it up man, might switch to inquisitor if its a big difference.
Last edited by leifus44 on Sep 15, 2022, 10:07:26 AM
"
leifus44 wrote:
I like the build alot, but i seem to die a bunch aswell useally from Consuming Thrall mob or whatever their called. Its prob me being bad tho.

Is there by any chance anything we could change to be a bit more tanky without really losing to much dmg?

Tried to get more chaos resist via the mirror rings since i did not really have any to useful stats on them before. I also think i have invested quite abit into it by now.

Anyways keep it up man, might switch to inquisitor if its a big difference.

Looking at your profile i see a few options, but i would also be interested, if there are other easy to fit defensive layers.

If you die to physical damage you can try to get the betrayal craft and/or eldrich helmet enchant for %physical damage taken as elemental. Edit: your shield already has max fire res :P
You could also get Determination watchers eye with phys dmg reduction.

If you die to lightning damage (because this build cant stack really high amounts armour) you could look into converting lighning damage from hits taken to another element

If you die to degens and especially lighning degens you could try to increase your Life and ES to have higher leech/sec

there is also the Trialmaster shield + Divine Flesh combo, which is expensive and completely defeats running Trickster (all dmg bypasses ES)

Thrall should be lightning dmg hits btw.
https://poedb.tw/us/Consuming_Thrall
Last edited by Gamingtwink on Sep 15, 2022, 2:53:18 PM
I've been lurking this thread as I've tried making the transition from lowlife/CI selfcast to the Mjolner set-up. Kept lowlife, but doubt my char is at all optimal. There's too many uniques, and trying to cap res and maintain a decent ES pool is a huge headache.

I will say that the char feels surprisingly tanky, even with just 5.7k ES, because the trickster defenses are so cracked. Pretty much only one-shots take me out, which with that ES pool happens more than I'd like. Mana is also an issue, you probably need some type of -mana cost on one of your rings for max damage. But prototype rings with that and strength cost a kidney.

Anyways! Lots of great info in this thread, while not the optimal CwC build, I found CwC LC was a lot of fun for the last dozen or so challenges and does everything other than ubers, 30-sim, 100-deli, etc. and (most importantly) looks great doing it.

Thanks again for an awesome thread!
Looking for some tips.

I'm comfortably doing red maps, aside from ele reflect / no leech / no shock map mods etc. On single target it's a bit low on dps and mana sustain, and it's bad vs big physical slams. I feel like there's something I'm overlooking on itemization or passives.

I started as self cast Arc+Galv and switched to this build pretty smoothly, so I'm playing it as a low life ev/suppress trickster instead of the life/armor inquisitor etc. I'm a long way away from 20-50 divs to fully respec to the doryani prototype version, otherwise not sure what can be changed easily.
"
brochata wrote:
I've been lurking this thread as I've tried making the transition from lowlife/CI selfcast to the Mjolner set-up. Kept lowlife, but doubt my char is at all optimal. There's too many uniques, and trying to cap res and maintain a decent ES pool is a huge headache.

I will say that the char feels surprisingly tanky, even with just 5.7k ES, because the trickster defenses are so cracked. Pretty much only one-shots take me out, which with that ES pool happens more than I'd like. Mana is also an issue, you probably need some type of -mana cost on one of your rings for max damage. But prototype rings with that and strength cost a kidney.

Anyways! Lots of great info in this thread, while not the optimal CwC build, I found CwC LC was a lot of fun for the last dozen or so challenges and does everything other than ubers, 30-sim, 100-deli, etc. and (most importantly) looks great doing it.

Thanks again for an awesome thread!

Haha glad you enjoyed it! Definitely wasn't a contender for best CwC build out there since it's locked to Mjolner procs so hard, but yeah, wanted to experiment with the combo and it turned out to have a decent ceiling at the 30~ div range.

Ubers, 100-deli etc - seems hard to squeeze out of this build since we commit so much to accuracy and strength requirements, and then supporting overleech, etc. I did kill Uber Shaper and I was like - better just reroll an Inquis to push that content (the regen being less conditional than leech helps a lot.).

If you do decide to return to the build, Petri Blood / hybrid will give you the increase in tankiness you want to feel (5k ES, but with a ~3.5k HP buffer that's PB-ed against hits, plus that life pool is constantly overleeched as well.)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Hi, i just noticed on my trickster, that i dont need clarity anymore and can drop it for defiance banner. Maybe you can check on your inquisitor, if thats the case for you too.
Last edited by Gamingtwink on Sep 15, 2022, 4:12:06 PM
"
Fendi_Gucci wrote:
Looking for some tips.

I'm comfortably doing red maps, aside from ele reflect / no leech / no shock map mods etc. On single target it's a bit low on dps and mana sustain, and it's bad vs big physical slams. I feel like there's something I'm overlooking on itemization or passives.

I started as self cast Arc+Galv and switched to this build pretty smoothly, so I'm playing it as a low life ev/suppress trickster instead of the life/armor inquisitor etc. I'm a long way away from 20-50 divs to fully respec to the doryani prototype version, otherwise not sure what can be changed easily.

Yeah, single target kind of blows before prototype.

- First thing is to check the CWC vs cast speed thresholds to ensure you're not firing LC only twice a second.

- Second: Do what you need to do to sustain RF comfortably on bosses. This means: Larger life/ES pools, Vaal Pact and shifting the leech mastery over to ES, etc.

- Third: Using Ano Shock Nova + Unbound Ailments to cap shock effect if you can't already.

- Fourth: Placing the enemy in your Vortex is huge as it "double dips" (they take more Arc/Shock Nova damage, the shock is bigger, the LC both hits harder and gets scaled harder by the bigger shock.

- Fifth: Sacrificing CWDT etc for the ultimate cheese DPS steroid - a 6 link Galvanic Field in the helmet (using a 6L++ Helmet to drop a massive Galvanic Field that functions like a big DoT. You only need to pop this on juiced essence mobs or map bosses).

Hope that helps!

Finally the sixth is me sorting out the Attack Speed vs Cast Speed shtick that could be destroying this build's DPS, rip. :/

EDIT: Re mana sustain - you have Conduit on Lifetap right? The build shouldn't really be ooming that badly if Lifetap is being used, since the Mjolner spell is free.
Last edited by primaeva on Sep 15, 2022, 4:14:29 PM
"
Gamingtwink wrote:
Hi, i just noticed on my trickster, that i dont need clarity anymore and can drop it for defiance banner. Maybe you can check on your inquisitor, if thats the case for you too. (my current setup differs by 30% mana regen from tree)

Yeah this could go a long way towards helping tankiness tbh, for crit reduction especially.

I think the clarity is a holdover for when I had to spam Sniper's mark or something.
BTW do you know of any parctical sources of additional accuracy?

Im running lvl 21 precision and 550 acc on helmet, but im still not in the 2.5-3k acc range.

I think a new ring quickly gets very expensive.
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
It is what it is: this build is squishy af at least for the "cheaper budget" Versions. Even with a 10k healthpool you get constantly oneshotted from everywhere. I know thats the signature of this league but it sucks.

Also with the budget (lol) Version you barely can do Bosses. T14 Mapbosses are already not easy, T16 are rippy but doable.

And I write that after spending countless hour of playing POE in the past. Playing since Beta and got several 40 challenges. So dont blame it on my playstyle ;)

This builds mapping is fun though but only to the point when you dont want to level more and dont care about using 4 out of 6 portals every juiced map.

I could give less a hoot about 40 challenges every league - I pointed out to you in a previous post that you did a piss-poor implementation of transitioning (using ES-less gear on a class with literal ES overleech, among other sins). Of -course- a character is going to feel squishy if you build it wrong. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Sep 15, 2022, 4:39:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info